Poll: Seinfeld Vs. Friends

Jayyy

Dec 28, 2010
I was just thinking about it, and I would say Seinfeld is a clear winner but most of my idiot friends say Friends (some haven't even heard of Seinfeld (sigh))

So just vote/comment (if the poll doesn't appear ._.) and tell me which you think was the superior comedy series.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
I found Seinfeld bland. So Im going to say friends. Im not really a fan of either really.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
I loved both, and while Seinfeld had Kramer and all his wackyness, Friends at least attempted a story and continuity which made it a bit more interesting. I mean, I know the point of Seinfeld was for it to be a show about nothing, and they achieved that with flying colors, I just prefer shows like Friends and Scrubs.

Evelynia

Jul 18, 2011
I like them both, but I choose Friends over Seinfeld because I like how attached to and invested in the characters you can really get with Friends, whereas it's difficult to sympathize with the Seinfeld characters in the same way.

Also, while perhaps not a solidly valid reason for my preferences, I'm young enough that Seinfeld feels a bit outdated to me and I bet there's culture references there that are going over my head. I find Friends easier to relate to, and therefor funnier.

RGman

Aug 28, 2011
Seinfeld all the way.
Everything about Friends makes me cringe, specially that goddam 90's cheesy annoying as fuck intro music. Gawd I hate that song...

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
Friends. At least it was SEEABLE in Blighty!
(Yes, Friends had a known place in Territorial TV in the UK when it was on, while Seinfeld....not so much)

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Being a child who has grown up with both, this is a tough choice. I'm going to lean towards Friends. But I love Seinfeld too. Good poll.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Bah, where's the "stick them all in a box and let comedians the world over poke them with fiery sticks" option?

Both those shows were terrible, friends for its giant "This is the punchline!" sign for all of its "jokes", seinfeld for not even having punchlines (or set ups, or even jokes/humour at all for that matter).

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I liked Friends better. I always thought Jerry Seinfeld was pretty annoying.
...Scratch that, I LOVE Friends, its my favorite sitcom.

OriginalLadders

Sep 29, 2011
Seinfeld was far funnier. Friends always seemed to be toned down to be more family friendly and over-stressed the drama.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I never once laughed when watching friends, Seinfeld on the other hand, I can quote all day long, people say Seinfeld was never deep or had any character development, well it was never supposed to be deep, and the characters were never supposed to undergo any change, they were who they were and they lived their lives in their own way, often the wrong way

Neekoolawous

Jun 8, 2010
Seinfeld is super awesome because Kramer.
Friends is super awesome because of Joey.

This is actually a tough decision guys.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Jayyy said:
...most of my idiot friends... ....some haven't even heard of Seinfeld .
I'm one of those guys.
Never really watched series but on TV and I don't know if this shows been on Finnish TV. If it has they have translated the title and I can't combine the translation with the orginal one.
Due to this, my vote goes to Friends, according to me a good show.

bz316

Feb 10, 2010
Seinfeld. Not only was it waaaay funnier than Friends (which sucks), but it got it. It understood and portrayed life in a vastly more realistic way. People were usually jerks, the universe dumped on them, their group of friends frequently quaralled for various stupid reasons. In Friends, group conflict would only be shown briefly for a few episodes when someone got cheated on or something. In Seinfeld, the four of them fought with others and even amongst themselves pretty much every episode for stupid crap that anyone else in real life would fight over due to the inherently petty nature of humankind. Seinfeld wins because it got real life, it got how the universe worked. Plus, Friends sucked, so its not even really a contest.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Neither is funny.
When Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers, or some other crap is on TV, I change channel.
I miss Blackadder.