Poll: Shaved legs on a guy?

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
As a female, I really don't mind leg hair, as long as it's not curly super-thick bigfoot hair.

If your girl is asking, and you're not 100% opposed to the idea, try it. If your friends pick on you, tell them if they were female and dating you it might matter what they think.

This reminds me of going to a water park with my fiance and two female friends. He watched out stuff while we went on a ride. When we came back, me and him had a mini conversation about what other folks might've thought... "Dude, you're holding 3 purses. You're whipped." "I'm spending the day with 3 chicks in swimsuits. I think I win."

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
It's hardly "gay" if you're doing it for your girlfriend. Just tell people that when they bring it up.

Personally, I wish hair removal were more acceptable among guys. But it's getting there. 100 years ago you'd be shunned to have your face bare. 50 years ago it would be for shaving your chest. And I'm sure more recently it would be shaving genitals. So if all goes well, it should be perfectly fine for the only hair on any man's body to be on his head and his eyebrows in just a few years time.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Normally I'd go with the girl, but shaving your legs is rather a pain (and painful sometimes).

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
Guys with shaved legs is weird. In my eyes it only makes them look more feminine.

Hazard12

Jun 17, 2010
...you have to shave everything else too? My girlfriend couldn't get me to shave my beard if she tried. Don't shave your legs, grow you chest hair back and possibly grow a moustache for good measure.

Wildcard5

Jun 27, 2010
I see it as a symbol of manliness to have hairy legs. Not the greatest symbol of manlieness, in fact I see it as a very small one, but a symbol of it none the less.

If any of my fellow men wish to shave their legs though it is their decision and I shall not think of them any better or worse for choosing to do so.

May 5, 2010
No. Some of my friends did it because they were were in Cross Country, and they claimed it effected their running somehow. As per my duty, I, and many others, mocked them mercilessly. If one of my friends shaved their legs because a GIRL said so....I can't even imagine. That's like a whole new dimensional plane of "Whipped".

G-Virus

Jun 15, 2008
I don't see why it has to be the norm for men to have hairy legs. I've shaved my legs on many occasions (most of them for theater, but whatever!) and I have to say, it feels better. I mean, I have naturally thick leg-hair, so it would always scratch against my pants, but after shaving, that problem was gone. I don't really do it much anymore, but I wouldn't say no if someone asked me to.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
I've shaved my legs before, but then again sometimes I do like to pretend to be a lady :p

I haven't in a while though because it takes a while to grow back

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
I shave my legs. I never see anyone glancing. 95% of the people I talk to are incredibly surprised upon learning that I'm gay (despite the fact that I'm pretty effeminate) and that hasn't changed since I started shaving, so I wouldn't worry about anyone assuming anything.

And if anyone ever DOES hassle you for it, just say that you're a cyclist, a wrestler, a swimmer, or a participant in pretty much any sport. You can also just say that you do it so people can see your leg muscles, which is a pretty damn manly reason.

As for the actual physical result, -I- like the way it looks, but I'm obviously not your target audience. Girls I know tend to be split on the issue, though it seems like yours is pretty decided. Do note that it takes some upkeep. Given that you shave everything else, I doubt it'd be a problem though.

Useful information for men: if women ever complain to you that shaving their legs is way worse than you having to shave your face, they are lying bitches. Never accept such an argument.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
My friend shaved his legs once... they looked disgusting after about 2 days when the hair started growing back and you could see the tips of each hair sticking out from under his skin...<.<

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
I've tossed it up a few times because of my Jiu Jistu, but it seems like more trouble then its worth.

But never did "it might look gay" cross my mind.

In your case, if its going to help you get laid I'd say go for it. Fuck the norm!

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Well ask her why she wants you to. Personally, I wouldn't shave my legs, and I would wonder why my girlfriend would want me to- all the girls I've dated have liked more masculine things, instead of more feminine things like shaving legs, for example. There's being hairy, and then there's the usual body hair that all men have. Big difference between them.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
metroidgearsolid said:
Okay, GF wants me to shave my legs but i'm kinda in two minds about it. I shave everywhere else but i always thought that legs were a symbol of manhood. my friends haven't been too helpful either with split opinions (one thinks that its really hot while another thinks that shaving my legs will automatically make me gay :p)
Eh, it doesn't make you gay, that's for sure. It's just being clean-bodied. I shave (when I get the opportunity) simply because it's more sanitary. Really, I doubt that she wants you to keep them clear-cut every day of the year, trimming them down from redwood-height wouldn't hurt, no?

And more to the point, so what if it makes you look gay? Who are you trying to impress, seeing that it's your *girlfriend* that's asking?

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Well, if you shave EVERYWHERE else, I don't really see why you should draw the line at the legs. Personally I've always taken more manly pride in chest hair. Really depends on where you feel comfortable and how much you're willing to let her dictate matters of hygene/personal appearance like that. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, she should accept that.

jaketaz

Oct 11, 2010
Look dude, I don't think legs are a symbol of manhood, but body hair definitely is. What possible reason could a non-professionally-swimming man have for shaving his leg hair? Women shave their legs, not men. Shit, some women don't even do it. Do you really want to have stubbly legs? Ask a woman: it's a pain in the butt. Why would you take that on if you don't have to, and why would your girlfriend want your legs shaved? When she's naked up against a man, she want to feel no body hair at all? I've got news for you ladies out there: men are hairy.