Poll: Shooter Weapon types

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Shotguns.

You can blame that on Behead The Undead in Timesplitters.
So satisfying.

themyrmidon

Sep 28, 2009
I play shotguns in almost any game that has them. I loved using them as long range weapons in Mass Effect 1 and 3 (I remember playing SMG in 2 because they felt nerfed).

If I could choose a second, I love how you can just push out ammo using an SMG and be considered "doing it right".

Of course if you're talking about Fallout, nothing will replace the spot in my heart reserved for the plasma rifle.

Steephill

May 17, 2012
I like bows, crossbows and flamethrowers. I can then yell KILL IT WITH FIRE every time I kill something if I use a flamethrower, it's amazing.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
I'm going to be boring old me and say any semi-battle rifle, whether it be a sniper or an assault rifle. I will use it, and I will get kills with it. I just love the accuracy most games give them and combine that with the lack of wasting any rounds and the sheer stopping power of a larger caliber bullet.

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
I had to go with "other" as there was no inclusion of "Light Machineguns". I am very much about the Dakka, so when I get the chance to, I rock a LMG. Especially with a extended mag, grip/bipod, and a red dot/kobra sight...

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Sexy, sexy revolvers. Or sexy, sexy sniper rifles. Or sneaky sneaky stabbing people.
Mordecai and Zer0 were perfect for me. :D

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
I like assualt rifles, they're the best, they balance stuff the best.

But the only game I'm really playing online at the moment is Max Payne 3, and I use Pistols in that, they're great. M1911's kick ass in that game. :p

The Headcrab Farmer

Dec 16, 2010
I love them shotguns, bang bang. Nothing is as satisfying as sprinting in under heavy fire and turn soldiers into acrobats or just pumping the entire volley into someones chest from 10 meters away.

Also, captcha: "game is up" oh i am so using that as a one-liner.

Karelwolfpup

Jul 5, 2012
had to go with assault rifles. Much as I love the feel of a bolt action or a sniper or even an LMG from whatever decade... assault rifles just have the flexibility I want.
Though it is pretty badass getting high kill score with just a bolt action ^w^

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Judging by FO3/NV my first choice is sneak kills with melee weapons
When this fails I will grab small/medium automatics
If there is some huge enemy I will use anything that explodes

TheOrb

Jun 24, 2012
Well, I would like to play as the fast lightweight class modelled after the "Scout" in TF2:

Submachine Gun: UMP45, it's pretty accurate for an SMG.
Shotgun: SPAS-12, or something else with pump-action. It makes you think about when would be the best time to shoot.
And Pistol (Revolvers only): .44 Magnum. Again, paces your shots.

I hate snipers, either playing as one, playing with one, or playing against one. It's maybe because I am terrible at it, but then I do like to see who is shooting at me before they kill me.
But I also like leaving mines all over the place!

TakeshiLive

Mar 8, 2012
Pistols cos you can do dual-wielding, ground-slidey, slow-mo, badassery that doesn't feel the same with other weapons.

I know Stranglehold didn't turn out to be a great game but the cover art still shows how cool pistols are.

(Look at heeeeem, the dangerously high concentration of awesomeness distorted light and time, causing the camera to blur)

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Powerful individual shots, slow rate of fire, mid-to-long range with high accuracy. So I voted sniper rifles, but these traits can apply to revolvers, rocket launchers, battle rifles, et cetera.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Single player shooters, its the sniper rifle all the way. So satisfying to pick off distant soldiers with ease, especially when I can do it stealthily.

Multiplayer I tend to run around with an assault rifle for the balance of speed, range, and damage. But I'll mess around with a bit of everything.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
I'd like to vote sniper, but of late my accuracy has just been awful. I find in more and more shooters I go for the pistol. As long as they don't take the classic route of each weapon you find being stronger to the point of the pistol being pointless, pistols tend to be quite enjoyable. Decent semi-auto fire, decent range, good size clip, I can take enemies down if I hit them with the majority of the clip. Fully auto weapons tend to spray too much in this 'realistic' shooter era, and I dislike doing the Starship Troopers 3 round burst. Shotguns are nice but only useful up close.

peruvianskys

Jun 8, 2011
If the game does it right, nothing is better than a shotgun. Otherwise, I'll go for the sniper.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Melee Weapons are fun as hell, but for rifles I tend to favor semi-autos. More precise and I'm still fairly mobile.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Count me among the shotgun suckers; especially in co-op for some reason.
Maybe I'm a sucker for the loudest boom, maybe I can't handle the snipers.