Poll: shotgun or sniper which do you prefer?

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
You can't ask me to choose between my two big loves of first-person shooter weaponry, really.

FireFly90

Sep 14, 2008
Why nail someone from a distance when you can go up to someone's face and BLOW IT OFF WITH A SHELL!! ROOOAAAAARRRR!!!

Hangman's Prize

Feb 23, 2009
Hard to say, both are ridiculously fun to handle in any FPS or the like. Who can say that head shots aren't fun, one bullet equals one dead enemy. Logically its just sould. But shot guns are just fun. Whatever gauge it all ends up with someone quoting Ash from Army of Darkness. Plus I love the sound of shotgun shells finding their home when you slot'em into your shotgun.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
What kind of zombies am I fighting?

Oh, you're talking about gaming. Normally shotgun then.

PTSpyder

Aug 9, 2008
Neither is better or worse, it all depends on the tactics of the current situation and range of the target. Both essentially give you the one hit kill option.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Sniper has you standing still with limited vision. Shotgun spreads and you can see a lot more. It all depends on the situation though because, obviously, the sniper rifle is for long range and shotgun is for close range. I can't imagine why you would use a shotgun for long range combat and vice versa.

Wastedtrojan

Mar 26, 2009
Give me an assault rifle and ill be happy. Can't stand the sniping and in games with shotguns i always feel vulnerable.

NinjaKirby1322

Feb 25, 2009
I'm usually in the middle of everything, so it's nice to have a shotgun around. I don't mind picking up the Sniping position if no one else has taken it, but I'd rather be scrapping it out in the twisted corridors than leaving myself almost completely stationary.

Hexadecimal16

Mar 11, 2009
The Iron Ninja said:
I have Rainbow six Vegas 2.
You can snipe with a shotgun in that game.

As a matter of principle, I avoid the use of shotguns in multiplayer due to how annoying I find it to be killed by them.
Example of such annoyances is below, translated from xbox live language into proper English.

Guy with shotgun: Exuberance! I have killed you.
Me: Yes indeed my good man, however did you do it?
Guy with shotgun: Why good sir, I do believe that I used this shotgun to shoot your genitals at close range. Thus proving that I am superior in the field of digital battles.
Me: But good sir, you did not even aim your weapon. I feel that no skill was involved on your party and I am most indignant towards the foul tactics that you have employed.
Guy with shotgun: If that is truly the way you feel, then perhaps I shall make my character repeatedly crouch over the body of your fallen character. Signifying that I am partaking in a lewd act.
Me: How crude. I do not approve.
Guy with shotgun Further exuberance!

I prefer Sub Machine Guns, Assault Rifles and Light Machine guns.
Or swords.
That was brilliant. I think I'm going to have to start saying "Exuberance!" now.

As for the question, it really depends on the situation. Sometimes a sniper rifle is useful where a shotgun isn't and vice versa. In general though I prefer assault rifles, they're just much more fun to use. I'm not patient enough for sniping and I don't like the fact that shotguns are strictly close range.

li-ion

Dec 19, 2008
Neither, I prefer assault rifles. I'm not suicidal enough to rush with a shotgun and not patient enough to snipe from too large distance.

tk1989

May 20, 2008
FireFly90 said:
Why nail someone from a distance when you can go up to someone's face and BLOW IT OFF WITH A SHELL!! ROOOAAAAARRRR!!!
fucking classic post! :p

/thread

credop

Oct 8, 2008
My perfect weapon is like an MP-40 or STG. so neither of those apply but i like sniper better than a shotty

Guerrilla1

Mar 18, 2009
the thing about the sniper that people just dispise it because it is hiding and just picking off unsuspecting enimies, and others think it is great and takes loads of skill to use. i'm indifferent because i never use it, i prefer shotgun. i like seeing up close and personal who i'm blasting.