Poll: Should Kids Be Allowed To Carry Guns?

DragunovHUN

Jan 10, 2009
I'm all for self defense. But kids with guns? FUCK NO. Passing a government test doesnt mean that the kid will be able to handle it responsibly. Only parents are able to determine wether their kids can handle that kind of responsibility. But then there's the problem of retarded parents so...

NO

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Charli said:
Whut? They're not even responsible enough not to ***** at each other over non existant social scales born of hormones being out of whack, and you want to put live-Ammo in their hands along side that? Rethink this standpoint and quickly. The only thing that has to go wrong there is one particularly jaded teen gets provoked on the wrong day and Ka-boom. Only now he/she doesn't need to go through questionable means to aquire said weapon.

And a /TEST/ to prove they can handle it? I think we know that particular method doesn't work when drunk drivers are still getting onto the streets.
Yes, a few people get through the test and do retarded things. Judging by the amount of drunk drivers I see on the road, I can't credit such a beautiful proportion on common sense.

jcpwn3r

Jan 14, 2009
ummmmmmm...... really man. you are asking this?

guns are way to heavy for kids to carry Knives are a much better choice :p

but seriously. REALLY?!? THIS IS SERIOUSLY BEING CONSIDERED

demonsaber

Apr 11, 2009
lonercs said:
No, your friend isn't using logic. NO ONE, regardless of age, should have a gun, or any other weapon. Unless that person has went though intense training and has a licensee to carry a weapon. Like how martial arts trains people, a person should go through and pass training like that. With that, then someone of 16 years old could carry a weapon such as a gun. That is of course ONLY if they pass with perfection, like martial arts classes.
I have had my own Mossberg 12 gauge since I was 14. Granted I have never let anyone besides my father touch it, and I only pull it out when I go hunting. I do however tend to agree that there should be heavy restrictions on weaponry such as this. Most children could not handle the responsibility of a firearm. Also what fucking logic says "Let's give a child a handgun and tell him to go play with his friends."

My dad is however intelligent and kept the ammo for my weapon up in the closet until we went shooting, but could you imagine if a kid less mature and with worse parents than mine got a hold of a weapon? We would be reading headlines on the news about 13 year old children killing people just because they said something mean. My god the ramifications of that would be horrid.

jcpwn3r said:
ummmmmmm...... really man. you are asking this?

guns are way to heavy for kids to carry Knives are a much better choice :p

but seriously. REALLY?!? THIS IS SERIOUSLY BEING CONSIDERED
Also shotguns are not really heavy at all. I fired my first 12 gauge at the age of 10. Was a stupid idea though taking a group of cub scouts to a shooting range and letting each of them fire a 12, 16, and 20 gauge shotgun. But hey, we all respected the weapon and did not do anything stupid.

muffincakes

Nov 20, 2008
Giving guns to kids? Those little people who get in fights over "he took my dolly?" Or the ones who get in hormonal cock fights in school? I think that either way, someone will die over nothing.

Afterthought: Remember that story a little while back about that kid who shot his parents when his mom took away his Halo game? That's why kids can't have guns.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Are you kidding? As a gun nut and strong advocate of America's second constitutional amendment, I have to shout "NO" as loudly as I possibly can.

You'll be getting Menendez brothers-style cases just because the parents wouldn't buy their shitty kids a candy bar.

Impuls

Apr 10, 2009
Agayek said:
Stormcloud23 said:
Hello everybody,
The title warrants a very immediate explanation so here goes:
Today during my martial arts class a friend of mine stated that kids (defined <18) Should be allowed to carry guns everywhere from school to the mall provided they pass a government firearms test. I of course took the side of logic and reason and immediately called him a dumb ass. We then asked a few other people at the class, and all of whom answered with an immediate "no". In an attempt to further prove my point I now ask you.
I'd have to say that any kid should be allowed to carry a gun, provided they take the requisite safety courses, possibly with much more emphasis on the danger of accidental discharge and the like, and licensing tests.

The same holds true for anyone, of any age. If people really want to carry a gun, and they are able to obtain the license for a handgun, I don't see why they should not be allowed.

That said, any gun violence in minors should be treated as if the offender was an adult.
Well this is something I really have to disagree with due to multiple reasons.

First of all I would like to point out that I'm against guns in general, yes I love to shoot at the shooting range near us but that doesn't mean i approve of people carrying them with themselves.

What a gun does
A gun is designed to kill people or destroy certain objects. This is a fact and there is nothing more to them.

Children
Children are known for their impulsive behavior, a small kid up to 8 years will easily run in front of a car because he wants to get his ball. Also most children will not have grasped the concept of death yet.

A kid up to 16-17 years old will let rage and/or hate usually get the best out of him, just go to a random middle school and check on the regularity of fights. Believe it or not, some grudges can easily explode to killing intend, just look at the "highschool shootouts". Giving them a gun will only make killing more accesable.

At the age of 18-21 most people will have enough self awareness to control themselves but this is debatable so i am not going to discuss this.

Apart from the bad sides
A gun is fun to shoot with at shooting ranges and they are very good weapons for self defense.

The problem is just that most people are not carry'ing them for self defense but to be "badass" especially children.

In my opinion you are carrying a gun when you are prepared to kill someone and when you are prepared to kill, you should also be prepared to be killed.

Impuls

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
Your friend is saying "if they pass a government firearms test"? Certainly. I know a 16 year old who has a concealed weapons permit. I'd trust him with a pair of cargo pants filled with handgrenades.

But most kids don't have the discipline to carry a firearm. So in the case your friend is talking about, they wouldn't have one, regardless.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
People of college age should be allowed to carry guns on college campuses, but if your still going to high school there is no way in hell you should be allowed anywhere near a gun.

demonsaber

Apr 11, 2009
Tazors would be entertaining to see legalized on campuses though. Fights would end really quickly.