Poll: Skyrim: 1st or 3rd person?

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I love walking around in third person and looking at my badass battlemage gear but combat (especially spellcasting with any degree of accuracy) is floaty. Generally, if I'm walking around, I'm usually in third but if I have to shoot something, I switch to first.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I play first-person through a lot of dialogue and gameplay, but I switch to third-person when I'm walking beside someone or in a really hardcore story scene.

Would have been nice if they made it so your character's animations were a little nicer to look at in third-person. For example, an animation for turning rather than your character snapping to his new position, or having him look towards the person talking to him rather than just stare blankly into space all the time.

If they fixed those two things I'd probably spend a LOT more time in third-person view.

Draithx

Jul 8, 2009
Only third-person pretty much.
It's kinda weird, considering I played Oblivion in first person mostly but third person gameplay feels better somehow.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I play in first person, but I go into third person to look at my beautiful sexy face fuck-ugly face.

And to look at what clothes/armor looks like on my character.

pm

Nov 14, 2011
And with this news I decide that I am going to try & avoid being a werewolf.
Flip-Shying said:
1st person, unfortunately when being a werewolf you are always in 3rd person. So yeah, I play 1st person until the game requires me to be 3rd person.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
MellowFellow said:
I play in first person all the time, except for when I want to gaze in awe at how badass my character looks.
Fact.

Its unfortunate that some of the better armors look so out of place. Don't get me wrong, they look good, but not very nordic.

Platypusbill101

Jan 2, 2011
I only use third person cam when I am am in the middle of a cinematic scene or fighting large enemies (e.g. giants) for better situational awareness.

Platypusbill101

Jan 2, 2011
castlewise said:
MellowFellow said:
I play in first person all the time, except for when I want to gaze in awe at how badass my character looks.
Fact.

Its unfortunate that some of the better armors look so out of place. Don't get me wrong, they look good, but not very nordic.
Yeah, at least they don´t look like rainbow pimp gear anymore.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
the only time i zoom into first person is when a dragon arrives and i spend 2-3 minutes throwing arrows in the air in a vein attempt to lodge a few in it's scaly hide because otherwise the camera just gets a nice booty shot of my own scaly hide, being an Argonian paladin myself

ok, i wear plate i cast healing spells but i plunder graves any time someone tells me too
maby i'm not specifically holy, but then i'd just be a realist.

Ditzydoo

Nov 15, 2011
Since getting ebony armour I'm mostly playing third person, it looks too good to not stare at :x

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
3rd for all the fighting, annoying bloodsplatter and lots of enemies that attack from different directions make it nicer.

1st person just for looting things. as the crosshair for looting in 3rd is rubbish. If they fix that probably just use 3rd all the time. True tho that aming with a bow is awkward in 3rd, but why use a bow when your forced to fight in a narrow corridor anyway.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
First person.

Third person look a shit-ton better than it did in Oblivion, but it's still not how the game is meant to be played, and that fact is very evident when you try fighting something in third person.