Poll: Skyrim: 1st or 3rd person?

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Mostly first, but I still really like the third person view, and often switch to it when fighting low-level enemies. Tougher fights require all the precision I can get.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Both about equally. I much prefer melee combat in 3rd person, and ranged in 1st person. I'm happy that both work well, although it seems strange that they don't keep the over-the-shoulder view you get when walking around when you draw your bow.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
First in combat and I switch between the two while traveling. I will also go third to see what my character looks like with new gear.

Project Nemesis

Jan 6, 2011
Given the fact that I actually finished Oblivion in 3rd person AND that I hate 1st person in RPGs, obviously I went for 3rd person view in Skyrim.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Wow, I am loving 3rd; was a bit surprised about the poll results. I switch into first person sometimes - mostly when trying to loot something that is difficult to get the 3rd person camera focused on.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Third-person when exploring and fighting critters or common bandits, First person when looting, studying walls or fighting dangerous beasts.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
First. I can't play third person when they feel like they've been made for first and play really badly.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
First person mostly. I go into third person sometimes when I want to see how my character looks, or when I'm doing stealth missions.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
When I tried the demo I played in 3rd person, and it was fine. Now that I am giving Oblivion a second chance, first person feels more natural, and not at all how I dreaded it would be.

I'll definitely try out both, but it looks like I'll be playing it more in first person, like you're "supposed" to do.

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
First for most of the time (battles always in 1st), however switch to 3rd when travelling in forest, mountains etc, you can see more around so things can't sneak up on you as easily.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Mainly first. I occasionally go into third when on long journeys or when I'm in a cave of 1-hit kill bandit enemies just for fun.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
First person for the most part, but I'll use third person. Its still not perfect, but its finally playable.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Same with Fallout - first person for combat but third for exploring. Although if I am running from an enemy then I go third person, so that I can see my surroundings easier.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
3rd person all the time. The camera's just so well done this time around, compared to previous games!