Poll: Spyros New Look

NuclearPenguin

New member
Oct 29, 2009
2,946
0
0
So, Spyro Skylanders is the newest addition to the long running Spyro series of games.
The gimmick of the game is that you buy these toys and put them in some kind of contraption and they come into the game, I'm not looking into it.

But, what do you think of the new spyro appearance?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I mean this.



That abomination.
 

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
1,776
0
0
Your image seems to be broken for me, but if it's the same new look that I saw a few months ago then it's pretty terrible.
 
Dec 14, 2009
15,528
0
0
Spyro died a long time ago.

That... thing, is an abomination to his memory.

Seriously, it looks like the result of a coupling between a pug and a lizard.
 

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
1,645
0
0
What are you talking about? There hasn't been a single Spyro game released since 2000. Ever. Not a single one.
 

Soviet Steve

New member
May 23, 2009
1,511
0
0
Why are you showing a horrible pixelated burn victim where there's supposed to be a picture of Spyro?

Sorry guys this man clearly doesn't know what Spyro looks like.



In all seriousness why are they doing this?
 

Dagnius

New member
May 3, 2010
187
0
0
NuclearPenguin said:
-snip-


That abomination.
I THINK I fixed it. And I'm not diggin' the pug-nose... The old version looked MUCH better... and more... what's the word? Sleek? Sly? Awesome? More Disney is probably the right word BUT I always liked how the old Spyro looked, a character you can get attached to, not that hideous little pug-frog-looking Spore creation

Edit: Woops. others, including yourself, got to it before me XD
Edit2: DOH it broke again D:
 

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
2,215
0
0
Dagnius said:
NuclearPenguin said:
-snip-


That abomination.
I THINK I fixed it. And I'm not diggin' the pug-nose... The old version looked MUCH better... and more... what's the word? Sleek? Sly? Awesome?
He's got attitude.

Damn...he really was a thing of the 90's wasn't he?
 

Mariakko

New member
Nov 21, 2011
299
0
0
As far as I'm concerned the Spyro games ended after Year of the dragon. The new Spyro is just stupid looking.
 

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
8,946
0
0
You know when I first saw the advert for Skylanders, I didn't notice it was Spyro. I thought "Hey, that guy looks like some sort of fake knock-off Spyro that someone's ripping off for their crappy toy line."

Then I found out it was real Spyro and for an actual game.

I think that pretty much says it all.
 

Atmos Duality

New member
Mar 3, 2010
8,473
0
0
It's just his face....it looks like he got hit the in face with a pneumatic press.
Dear God it's so fucking ugly.
 

Hectix777

New member
Feb 26, 2011
1,500
0
0
Istvan said:
Why are you showing a horrible pixelated burn victim where there's supposed to be a picture of Spyro?

Sorry guys this man clearly doesn't know what Spyro looks like.



In all seriousness why are they doing this?
He looks too cartoony, besides, do you know how long it's been since a Spyro game? Expect change, not everyone thought Megaman would be Megaman X. Just chill out, and I kinda like new Spyro, he may not be pretty but at least it's better than nothing
 

FilipJPhry

New member
Jul 5, 2011
954
0
0
I thought someone made that Spyro off of Spore or something. Is that really the new look? Ech.
 

Hipsy_Gypsy

New member
Jun 2, 2011
329
0
0
Yeah, I thought the same whenever I saw the advertisement on the telly for the first time. Spyro is supposed to be cute, adorable and the like, not:

Eighth 1 said:
Wow. Now he looks like a common enemy from a different game.
Sigh. I suppose change is always inevitable, mind you. New generations mean new target audiences and all that jazz.

Hectix777 said:
Istvan said:
Why are you showing a horrible pixelated burn victim where there's supposed to be a picture of Spyro?

Sorry guys this man clearly doesn't know what Spyro looks like.



In all seriousness why are they doing this?
He looks too cartoony, besides, do you know how long it's been since a Spyro game? Expect change, not everyone thought Megaman would be Megaman X. Just chill out, and I kinda like new Spyro, he may not be pretty but at least it's better than nothing
That's because the target audience has been primarily aimed at young kiddie winkles. :p I mean:


Actually, Spyro looks kinda cute there. Anyway, certainly aimed at kids of age ten and above. Just as it says. :p
 

SPARTANXIII

New member
Nov 24, 2009
458
0
0
Today, we mourn the passing of Spyro.....again. We thought they learned their lesson from those crappy Legend series of games, but alas, they can't return to the formula that made it great!

SPYRO
1990's - 2007/8/11
 

Verlander

New member
Apr 22, 2010
2,449
0
0
Old Spyro and new Spyro look so similar it's not even funny. I remember buying the first Spyro game when I was but a young lad. No problems here