Poll: Spyros New Look

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
So, Spyro Skylanders is the newest addition to the long running Spyro series of games.
The gimmick of the game is that you buy these toys and put them in some kind of contraption and they come into the game, I'm not looking into it.

But, what do you think of the new spyro appearance?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I mean this.

That abomination.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Your image seems to be broken for me, but if it's the same new look that I saw a few months ago then it's pretty terrible.

Dec 14, 2009
Spyro died a long time ago.

That... thing, is an abomination to his memory.

Seriously, it looks like the result of a coupling between a pug and a lizard.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
What are you talking about? There hasn't been a single Spyro game released since 2000. Ever. Not a single one.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Why are you showing a horrible pixelated burn victim where there's supposed to be a picture of Spyro?

Sorry guys this man clearly doesn't know what Spyro looks like.

In all seriousness why are they doing this?

Dagnius

May 3, 2010
NuclearPenguin said:
-snip-

That abomination.
I THINK I fixed it. And I'm not diggin' the pug-nose... The old version looked MUCH better... and more... what's the word? Sleek? Sly? Awesome? More Disney is probably the right word BUT I always liked how the old Spyro looked, a character you can get attached to, not that hideous little pug-frog-looking Spore creation

Edit: Woops. others, including yourself, got to it before me XD
Edit2: DOH it broke again D:

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Dagnius said:
NuclearPenguin said:
-snip-

That abomination.
I THINK I fixed it. And I'm not diggin' the pug-nose... The old version looked MUCH better... and more... what's the word? Sleek? Sly? Awesome?
He's got attitude.

Damn...he really was a thing of the 90's wasn't he?

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
As far as I'm concerned the Spyro games ended after Year of the dragon. The new Spyro is just stupid looking.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
You know when I first saw the advert for Skylanders, I didn't notice it was Spyro. I thought "Hey, that guy looks like some sort of fake knock-off Spyro that someone's ripping off for their crappy toy line."

Then I found out it was real Spyro and for an actual game.

I think that pretty much says it all.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
It's just his face....it looks like he got hit the in face with a pneumatic press.
Dear God it's so fucking ugly.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Istvan said:
Why are you showing a horrible pixelated burn victim where there's supposed to be a picture of Spyro?

He looks too cartoony, besides, do you know how long it's been since a Spyro game? Expect change, not everyone thought Megaman would be Megaman X. Just chill out, and I kinda like new Spyro, he may not be pretty but at least it's better than nothing

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
I thought someone made that Spyro off of Spore or something. Is that really the new look? Ech.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
Yeah, I thought the same whenever I saw the advertisement on the telly for the first time. Spyro is supposed to be cute, adorable and the like, not:

Eighth 1 said:
Wow. Now he looks like a common enemy from a different game.
Sigh. I suppose change is always inevitable, mind you. New generations mean new target audiences and all that jazz.

Hectix777 said:
Istvan said:

He looks too cartoony, besides, do you know how long it's been since a Spyro game? Expect change, not everyone thought Megaman would be Megaman X. Just chill out, and I kinda like new Spyro, he may not be pretty but at least it's better than nothing
That's because the target audience has been primarily aimed at young kiddie winkles. :p I mean:

Actually, Spyro looks kinda cute there. Anyway, certainly aimed at kids of age ten and above. Just as it says. :p

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
Today, we mourn the passing of Spyro.....again. We thought they learned their lesson from those crappy Legend series of games, but alas, they can't return to the formula that made it great!

SPYRO
1990's - 2007/8/11

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Old Spyro and new Spyro look so similar it's not even funny. I remember buying the first Spyro game when I was but a young lad. No problems here