Poll: Spyros New Look

Bagk Nakh

May 18, 2011
I feel like I should be hunting down ten of these things to collect lizard horns for a quest.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
The sick thing is that this game is actually really, really damn good as children's entertainment goes. They really shouldn't have tried to force Spyro on this thing, the game has nothing to do with him and doesn't even pretend he's an important character past the title. They might as well have just branded it "Skylanders" and not drawn attention to this.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
KILL IT, KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! That... thing is the worst character model I have ever seen in a game. It looks like roadkill!

Why couldn't they have just used the old Spyro, then we would all be happy. But they had to make their whole Spyro character design a lump of shit painted purple.

Ugghhh

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
That's not Spyro, that's his evil twin, he's come to destroy the real Spyro's reputation.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
im not a fan of the Spyro games. in fact, ive never played one and even i think the change they made is beyond unacceptable. its similar to the change with Dante from Devil May Cry (which i have also never played). if theres one thing you shouldnt do as a developer, its fuck with the main character in your series to the point where they are a completely different being.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
People actually liked Spyro games? This is far more shocking to me than what he looks like.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
What the hell is that hideous trog?

I thought this was a thread about Spyro.

*Denial*

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
He actually doesn't look to bad in the Skylanders concept art...

But in game he just looks horrible, something got lost in translation here.

Rodney Jackson

Oct 11, 2011
I'm done eating Thanksgiving dinner, and now here I am surfing the web on my laptop while the folks watch TV in the living room. I click on this thread, and proceed to shout "Oh dear God!" at the sight of that.... that thing. Luckily everyone thought I was just watching the show.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
It looks like Spyro... if he got addicted to meth shortly after Year of the Dragon...

tomvw

Feb 5, 2009
Honestly, it looks like they tried to make him "edgier" and just went overboard in to "retarded". Maybe it's the low brow and the pig-snout, but he looks stupider (as in less smart).

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Am I going crazy or didn't this exact same thread exist a while ago?

Slythernite

Jan 25, 2009
Spyro died right after the third game, 11 years ago. This new game is just stupid and it's practically an insult to a series that made up quite a bit of my childhood. I still have the soundtrack on my iPod. This game... it just makes me sad.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
It's just sad that they butchered Spyro like that just to use his name to help sell a completely different franchise that has nothing to do with him. And I don't really care if Spyro is actually unimportant to the game or of it's good; I'm not buying something that asks me to buy a bunch of toys to fully complete it. Companies are already starting to go overboard with online passes and paid DLC full of cheat codes that should have been in the game for free. I'm not going out to buy a bundle of toys to play content that's already in the game, that's worse than that "on disc DLC" people are always whining about.

But yeah, Spyro. They really screwed over his appearance.

Hectix777 said:
He looks too cartoony, besides, do you know how long it's been since a Spyro game? Expect change, not everyone thought Megaman would be Megaman X. Just chill out, and I kinda like new Spyro, he may not be pretty but at least it's better than nothing
Mega Man X isn't Mega Man. They are two completely different characters, thus of course Mega Man X does not look like Mega Man.

However, the pictures in post 1 and post 6 are supposed to be the same character. Your comparison of two completely different characters is irrelevant here.

torzath

Jun 29, 2010

Try watching the redesign in action.
It's not that bad. Yeah, it's still kinda ugly, but not quite as bad as that one screenshot. The trailer I posted there is for dark spyro, but he's just a recolor, nothing different.

Besides, as someone has pointed out, this is targeted at kids who wouldn't be familiar with the old Spyro anyway. Also, this game has 31 other characters for you to buy and despite the name, Spyro is no more important to the plot or gameplay than any of the others. This is a Skylanders game, not a Spyro game and I really wish they would have just left him out of it.

But be expecting more of this. Every time I look at a display in a store, it looks like rapid wolves have attacked it, so I'd say the game is selling well, and at eight dollars a pop for each character, very profitable too.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
All I see is another dragon soul to absorb. PREPARE YOURSELF FOR DOVAKIN, FOUL SPYRO!!!

*LEWSWUOOLT!* *BOOSH* (Shouts "Mark for Death" on new spyro)

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I objected with how he looked when he moved to the PS2. My favourite littlest dragon is dead to me now. Dead.