Poll: Suiting up

Jan 27, 2011
I hate formal clothes. They annoy me.

In summer, gimme a simple T-shirt and shorts. In winter, some kind of half-decent sweat top. When I'm at home all day, I usually don't even put on any top outside of an undershirt.

Hell, I hate typical PANTS. Gimme something with lots of deep pockets. Helps keep things in order! My shorts all fit this, but my pants? Not a single one of them has decent pockets. :s

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
I love suits! Male fashion is something I think has severely lost its way over the decades. I have a trench coat and fedora to boot! I wear it whenever I can without the danger of getting bashed.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
I like wearing suits but I don't really do it any time I don't have to, although I will often wear a tie and open waistcoat as I quite like the 'smart casual' look. Also, I blooming love smart coats, so I wear my topcoat whenever it's cold enough to get away with :)

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
I'm not a fan of wearing suits. It makes me feel too formal and uncomfortable. Just doesn't sit right with me.

As for others wearing suits, I really don't see the problem. You find suits comfortable and empowering and that's wonderfull. You should wear more suits ;)

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
I look great in shirts with tie. Does not mean I wear them all the time though.
I wear shirts from time to time, but without the tie. I however wear full suit at anything formal or any reason I can get to wear a suit. I just look so dashing, if I do say so myself :p

Nov 12, 2010
I like wearing nice clothes and started wearing something similar to a suit recently. Essentially a suit minus the formal shirt and a tie (I hate having something around my neck unless it's about sex). So yeah, suits are cool, I'm just a lot less conformist when it comes to wearing one.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I haven't worn a suit in all of my 18 years... Not for any particular reason, I just haven't. I might try a suit some time, for some totally informal occasion or something. Because where's the fun in wearing a suit when you're supposed to?

Cat of Doom

Jan 6, 2011
I useally wear a suit, just minus the tie, when I go clubbing or to a party. Also, as a marketing student I'm expected to wear suits to work, which is nice.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Suits, trousers, waistcoat and shirt, absolutely. I love wearing mine. A tie? Not so much.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
i love wearing suits ive got skirt suits & pant suits in all different colours and styles and ive got a bunch of different ties and since i am a woman i dont even have to wear one if i dont want to and I get a way more options with out looking scruffy or out of fashion or just plain crazy so my tailor gets to experiment he wants to be a fashion designer but hasn't managed it yet
i love all my jackets i have with my suits and the skirts i don't like suit pants as much but i have a few in case i want them

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
I'll wear a suit from time to time, if i'm going to some big formal function, or an interview

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
It's a relatively easy way to look smart, which I appreciate, but I don't currently own a suit-jacket, unfortunately. Not one which still looks smart, anyway.

I'm going to have to buy a new pinstripe for some interviews in London, shortly, which'll put me in further debt, but I think it's a fair investment.

I tend to wear shirts rather than t-shirts, and my crombie rather than a more casual jacket most of the time, but not suit trousers, mostly because I don't want to wear them out, and it seems a bit odd, what with not currently having a job.

LittleJP

Mar 1, 2011
Love it. Need more of em, but I tend to have to dress down a bit to fit in a bit better, under classy-dude who looks snazzy, rather then "pretensious twat who wears a 4 piece every day"
Usually a good shirt, informal jacket, slacks, and casual dress boots.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
-squint- OP, you aren't my older brother, are you?

Right, right, back on topic.

I love dressing up. It's just nice to feel like I look good. Formal clothes fit well, they feel good, they look good; they're just nice all around. And while I usually steer more casual with my clothing, I do love a chance to dress up. Actually, I'm still looking for an opportunity to wear an adorable strapless dress that I just bought myself.

...And I do find men in suits to be quite dashing.

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
Not suits specifically, however, I do like to frequently sport a nice vest or suit-jacket. See fig.1
*fig.1

Oh, also some pictures of me when younger and had long hair...

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
I enjoy "dressing up" to a point.

My usual casual wear is jeans with a button-up shirt that's un-tucked with the sleeves rolled up. If I'm "going out" I'll throw my sport coat over the whole thing.

My biggest peeve when it comes to clothes is being uncomfortable. I hate tucking in my shirt and I hate buttoning my shirt collar and wearing a tie. When I went to prom, I wore black slacks, a black long-sleeve button-up shirt, and a tux jacket, but my shirt stayed un-tucked, my collar stayed unbuttoned and I wore no tie.

You could say that when I'm putting thought into my appearance my preferred style is "messy formal" or "messy dress casual."

That being said, if I'm going to be in a wedding or go to a job interview, I'll dress as is expected of me, but if I have to wear a tie, I rarely enjoy it.