Poll: Suiting up

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't own or, ever enjoy wearing suits. I've worn a suit before when my mom and step-dad were married and again when I went to my step-dad's, grand mother's funeral. Other than that I never wear a suit. I'm not in the right class to wear a suit and even if I had the income of a suit-wearer I probably still wouldn't feel comfortable in a suit.

Sep 14, 2009
they are just never comfortable for me, ever, they either are too constrictive in which my balls are screaming for air to flow, and my back is dripping with sweat, or they are fucking hunchback of notre dame shaped so its weird as fuck wearing it.

i don't mind the look or anything, but god dammit i have yet to find a single one that was ever comfortable.

i'll stick to my comfortable and air flowing kacki shorts and light t-shirts.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
I wear a suit when I have to (i.e. formal events). Otherwise I just stick with jeans and a T-shirt.

elbrandino

Dec 8, 2010
I love wearing suits! I wish it were more socially acceptable to wear them for no occasion. And that's why at my school we made an occasion! Every Wednesday is Classy Wednesday, and we suit up! (About 15 of us in total).

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Blablahb said:
White shirt instead of black, and the contrast would be a lot better, I'd say.
My suit is s party suit, besides I was at a goth/industrial club, so I had to dress accordingly :p

Benkin Manfish

Apr 16, 2010
I quite enjoy wearing suits and other formal wear when the mood takes me. Although I'm not obligated to wear anything formal in my profession life so it is only a recreational thing. I certainly don't think that taking pride in your clothing says anything either way about one's sexuality.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
I'm not fond of suits mostly because whenever I wear one I feel like I can't do anything because it would be horrible for it to get dirty. I would much rather wear a dress shirt and dress pants, they are far more comfortable and I feel like I look better in them.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
I'm guessing the "Job Interviews, Wedding and Funerals" options, is just a more interesting way of saying "formal occasions".

But...I've never actually been to a job interview...or a wedding...or a funeral.

I like that suits look nice, but I find that they are hot and restrict my movement.

Fun fact: If you wear non-jeans pants (or REAL pants, as the older generation say), a blazer, and a shirt, then you are wearing a socially acceptable and financially affordable "everyday suit".

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
If I had, like, a butler, or some kind of magic nanotech suit that didn't require much care, then I'd do it a lot more often. A decently cut one is pretty comfortable and makes you *feel* classier.

But I can't afford the time or money for all that dry cleaning etc. So plain black trousers and button-up shirts in a range of subdued tones (imbued with easy-iron lycra goodness if possible) it is for the week, and jeans/t-shirts for the weekend.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
I both love, and hate wearing suits. I mostly never wear them.

Love: The look. Come on, how can one not love wearing a suit.

Hate: Its simply not comfortable enough, especially in my countrys weather. You just cant wear a suit all the time, you'd look like an idiot.

DanielDeFig said:
I like that suits look nice, but I find that they are hot and restrict my movemennt.
Agree.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
While I do agree that guy wearing suits look badass (especially three-piece suits, those are rather under-appreciated), I couldn't be caught dead wearing one myself. I've seen my father wear one for as long as I can remember, and I've always hated the feel of it. Neckties and bowties seem completely extraneous to me. On the flipside, having a jacket around is always useful.

There's no such thing as having too many pockets! :) So long as you don't add a fanny pack to that. That'd just look ugly as Hell.

Now, if only my mother wasn't fixed on the idea that sneakers, jeans and a tee-shirt supposedly makes you look "juvenile", I'd be happy.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I only wear suits to weddings. Even funerals and job interviews just get a button-up shirt and slacks. I find them constricting and stuffy, and way too much effort to put on and take off.

I can see what you're saying about feeling confident and powerful, but personally suits don't do that for me, I feel that way based on the situation I'm in, not what I'm wearing.

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
I wear a suit whenever I have to deal with a crowd that is more classy than an underground drink-fest...

White with red tie and white trilby