Poll: Suiting up

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
suits are AMAZING!
if I was a guy I would always be wearing one like Barney from how I met your mother.

I mean DAMN! sooo sexy! even some ladies can look sexy in them! meaning if you wear suits then I am like your best friend.
My one cousin ALWAYS wears suits. other then at his job because he works at a elevator repair company.

Barziboy

Apr 14, 2009
Ah, nothing beats slipping in our hand into the coat's inside pocket. Nobody knows what you may pull out. The Suspence!

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
I love my suits, I own far more than I have need for. Last wedding went to the groom told me i look better than the bride. The flagship of my wardrobe is a 2 button 3 piece black silk number that i can never wear again as the Achilles heel of the suit is the fabric feeler, people who insist on smearing their finger oils and bodily fluids on the well tailored materials. Fortunately I have fallbacks and a foreign tailor who will make things to my specifications on the cheap and an expense account that further takes the edge off.
I do need them for work, but my job is a lovely mix of toiling in a field and formal functions so i'm often in jeans and a golf shirt, they look alright but you cant beat the suit.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Suits are good looking, but I feel bad eating food in them (for I might damage them), so... CONFLICTING DESIRES!

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Dressing up to look nice, feels nice. You look well put together and hygienic. I see nothing wrong with that.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Hell yeah. I can rock formal wear like nobody's business, so I suit up whenever it's appropriate.

It just looks cool. Also, chicks dig a guy in a suit ;)

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
I must say I don't feel anywhere near as comfortable as when I'm in a suit so I wear them whenever possible.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
"job interwiev, wedding and funeral" was a little too littel for me so I put whenever possible althou that doesn't mean when I go to a house party. But even for just a friends birthday (coffe gathering) I could put on a suit.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Cheshire the Cat said:
Relevant.

Eh, its a situational garment. If I am in a professional environment then I wear one but just around the house or going through town its just kinda foolish.
This was the first thing I, and many others I'm sure, thought of.
As cool as it is to suit up every once in a while, I don't think I would likely choose it as my everyday clothing.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
I'm not very keen on wearing suits. I don't think they're very comfy and in general i hate dressing up. Last time i wore a suit i felt like a politician, it wasn't a good feeling.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The only time I wore my was during this fancy party and graduation and I did wear it once for a job interview (very business type of job role). I think it's abit over the top to wear it for a job interview well depending on the job itself but I just go with my short sleeves shirt.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I wear one for work. In fact, I'm still wearing my suit trousers right now. I love suits that much.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
catalyst8 said:
I attend the massive majority of my social & professional occasions suited, but only wear a tie for weddings, funerals, or black-tie. Unfortunately not only do many people not realize how important it is to dress correctly for a specific occasion, they have no idea how to dress correctly. It someone's going to wear a suit it has to be done correctly or they not only look ridiculous, but frequently cause offence to others.

Some examples which have made me shake my head in dismay include: mismatching belt & shoes, belt instead of braces with a waistcoat, matching handkerchief with shirt &/or tie (the only acceptable match is white), 'comedy' ties, but worst of all, without any exception is

A suit jacket with jeans! This is like seeing a four year old pretending to dress up like an adult. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I can almost understand it in the country because not everyone has tweeds, but for an adult in town it's a sad joke. It just occurred to me, it's even sadder than Don Johnson in Miami Vice in the '80s - at least he got paid to dress like that.
What's annoying is people misreading Blacktie-optional as not having to wear a suit or tie, rather than the actual meaning of tuxedos being not mandatory.

As for matching handkerchief/cornersquare with the tie, I blame that faux paus largely on the companies that sell matching sets to unsuspecting wearers. Also a black sports jacket with black slacks, it's always obvious that they're not a matching suit by the tones.

dex-dex said:
suits are AMAZING!
if I was a guy I would always be wearing one like Barney from how I met your mother.

I mean DAMN! sooo sexy! even some ladies can look sexy in them! meaning if you wear suits then I am like your best friend.
My one cousin ALWAYS wears suits. other then at his job because he works at a elevator repair company.
Also note the umbrella, black with a wood handle, the classiest protection from the rain there is.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
I like wearing suits, don't get the chance often enough though. And I am pretty sure I don't fit into mine anymore.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
hell yeah i love suiting up. I look good in a suit, although i tend to swap out the jacket for a decent waist coat, but i hate feeling too warm.

Mister Eff

Apr 11, 2009
It depends. If I'm just hanging out with mates at a bar, no probably (maybe a shirt though). I do like to wear them on some big nights out though, I think I look pretty good in them. Often it's jeans, shirt and jacket. Formal occasions, I always wear one. And I have no problem wearing a suit to work every day.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
I look pretty snazzy in a suit, but i don't wear it very often. I wore one this spring when i graduated out the Swedish version of High-School. It was pretty cool to match suit and tie and shoes etc. and it came out really nice.

But the things are fragile and there's not really a whole lot of situations where you could wear them and not look like a douche. I mean, there's some guys who go the club/bar in suits but that just looks like there trying waaaaaay to hard.

Mostly it just hangs there, but if i ever need one i'll definitely not mind putting it on. A bit too proper for my daily wear though.

AdeptaSororitas

Jul 11, 2011
Alas, I am, well, a lass. So my oppurtunities to wear suits are limited to ironic school dances but that was years ago that I was able to do that. THough I've been told I look good in fancy dresses, so I wear those every occasion I can

SpaceCucumber

Oct 19, 2011
I at the very least wear a white dress-shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Even at home.
Otherwise I usually wear a blazer, I only have 3 actual suits.