Poll: Suiting up

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Huh, I've never met anyone else like that.

My favorite suit is a normal black and white affair, with a dark red tie and matching paper in the jacket pocket, and a black waistcoat so I can continue the look of a set piece when not wearing the jacket.

My cufflinks are a bit boring... I haven't found anything to appropriately match the red.

Aeriath

Sep 10, 2009
I'm not a fan of suits, they feel stuffy, uncomfortable and too formal for me. I usually get away with a shirt and tie at job interviews/funerals. I dislike ties too, but that's another story (I think they are the only item I am forced to wear regularly that has no purpose beyond appearance). As I live in Scotland, kilts are the norm for weddings and I like them a lot more than suits.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I like wearing a suit, but I rarely do it. I'm in high school and I just stand out too much. I'll take any excuse to wear one, though.

Dutch 924

Making the impossible happen!
Dec 8, 2010
I don't need to. I have a brown jacket that is the epitamy of smart-casual

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Lieju said:
I wear a suit for formal occasions.
I prefer loose clothing, and comfort over style (except when it comes to hats), but if I ever get married, I'm so dressing up in a tux and a tophat.

I'm female, but you wouldn't catch me dead in a dress.
There's a few tailors across the world that are skilled in creating suits out of the same materials and styles that wedding dresses are made of. It's a really unique sort of outfit, and I find it looks really good on a lady.
Would that sort of thing interest you?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
When I need to. I like it, but there's usually only 2 or so occasions in a year - if that - where I need to.

I do have a real pet peeve about people (well, mostly teens and nerds), wearing poorly fitted suits though. Their trousers are usually too long, jackets two sizes too big, with shoes and/or tie and/or shirt wrongly matched; and the shirt usually looks like cheap shit too, and is too baggy.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
I enjoy "dressing up", but not with a full-on suit. For fancy dinners, going out with my girlfriend, a dress shirt without a tie will do, along with some dark jeans.

Sometimes I wish I could afford to go out more, because dressing up makes me feel classy.

May 28, 2009
I like suits, but I wouldn't wear them in general unless for a smart or contextual occasion. I'm pretty lazy and when faced with faffing around getting my shit together or throwing on some casuals, I'll pick the latter.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Wearing a suit without the occasion or job is kind of sad. You just seem as though you're trying to project a false sense of importance.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I have worn a suit once in my life(when I was 4). I will wear a suit again this Halloween if everything works out, but never again if everything works out.

SpireOfFire

Dec 4, 2009
i only wear suits if the occasion calls for it, like a funeral or a wedding. i like how they look, but i hate how restrictive and expensive they are.

Uberpig

Nov 20, 2009
There should be an option for "work attire". The job interview option doesn't quite cover that.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Sansha said:
Lieju said:
I wear a suit for formal occasions.
I prefer loose clothing, and comfort over style (except when it comes to hats), but if I ever get married, I'm so dressing up in a tux and a tophat.

I'm female, but you wouldn't catch me dead in a dress.
There's a few tailors across the world that are skilled in creating suits out of the same materials and styles that wedding dresses are made of. It's a really unique sort of outfit, and I find it looks really good on a lady.
Would that sort of thing interest you?
Well, marriage is not exactly topical for me at the moment.

illas

RAWR!!!
Apr 4, 2010
Almost never, they're uncomfortable. A suit jacket over a t-shirt is the obvious exception, though.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Yeah, I've been suiting up way before it became popular by way of "How I Meet Your Mother." I actually like to wear suits; that and loose clothing is the only gear that makes me feel comfortable.

Z3RO180

Jun 23, 2009
if i had the money and a place to ceep them i would wear them all the time. A kilt is nice but if i ever had a suit it would give me a chance to yell SUIT UP every mourning when i get up =)