Poll: The Best Topping

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
other- the sauce is the only topping that matters, made from fresh beef tomatoes bit of sugar salt and pepper basil and oregano over nice fresh thin crust base, you can put a bit of salami/pepperoni on there if you want and of course some feta or mozzarella . anything else is a desecration

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
Pepperoni.

Cheese is good, but can get a bit much and/or a bit boring after a few slices.
Chicken and mushroom can be ok but they dont work on the leftovers.
Mushroom, anchovies, pineapple etc go cold too fast and hot pizza with cold clammy stuff on top just isnt acceptable.
Bacon is great, but the stuff I get on pizzas isnt bacon its more like little cubes of chewy gristle.
Beef and italian sausage are also acceptable, but best paired with the pepperoni.

BBQ sauce I just dont understand.

Autumnflame

Sep 18, 2008
All hail the mighty Anchovy.

In either a garlic and anchovy pizzete.

Or added to multi chesse pizzas.
or pepperoni and anchovy.

Lets the salty times roll

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Making me hungry!

Ham, mushroom and black olives.... mummmmmmm!

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I came into the thread ready to answer with pepperoni, but one of the poll options is 'cheese', which presented a bit of a quandary. For all my love of pepperoni, I've never had a pizza without cheese on it. So, I'm going to assume that the best topping is aside from the prerequisite cheese that all pizzas must have. As you may have gathered, my pick is pepperoni, the best kind of piggy meaty.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I mean you really can't go wrong with cheese. Some people might not like Pepperoni or Mushroom or Pineapple, but cheese? Cheese is always the default choice. I mean it's on every "proper" pizza pie for crying out loud.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Meat feast. Because I like having several types of meat in my mouth at once. Insert dick joke here. And here for good measure.

Willstown

Borderline Crazy Cat Man
Nov 20, 2013
Meat, meat meaty meat meat.

But really, spiced Sausage, jalapeno, rocket and mozarella.

Though our local does a chilli, tandoori chicken, bbq chicken and pinapple pizza and it's surprisingly awesome.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
Pepperoni, mushroom and chilli flakes, topped with spicy buffalo sauce.

Nothing better than that, its pretty much one of my favorite things to eat.
You had me up until buffalo sauce. It may not have been the best combo, but I was shaking my head saying "That's respectab... Eww! Buffalo sauce!"

Shoggoth2588 said:
WHAT THE HELL?! I must be in Hell since it seems like every human other than ME knows that green peppers RUINS 99% of the stuff that you apply it to...
Wait... You like green peppers? Or you don't?

Almost everyone but you knows they ruin everything?

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Anyone who says Hawaiian is literally worse than Mecha Hitler. You don't put fruit on pizza.

'But technically tomato is a fru-'

[HEADING=1]No![/HEADING]

You shut your damn mouth.

Pepperoni all the way baby. Meat makes everything better.
Sorry wolf-goddess; peperoni is only good when it's been pre-fried so it's crispy and doesn't urinate orange oil all over my pizza.

Also, I have three words for all the hawiian-pizza naysayers: dried pineapple chunks.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
putowtin said:
Making me hungry!

Ham, mushroom and black olives.... mummmmmmm!
I made myself hungry after making this thread... then all those filthy Hawaiian lovers ruined my appetite! xD

You guys are collectively crazy!

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
TizzytheTormentor said:

You had me up until buffalo sauce. It may not have been the best combo, but I was shaking my head saying "That's respectab... Eww! Buffalo sauce!"
I was dubious at first, but I tried it and it was perfection, then again, I love my Pizza to be spicy as fucking all hell.
I like spicy too, but Buffalo sauce is spicy sweet D:

You can't put sweet on pizza!

...By the way, Is Japanese pizza good? Try throwing unagi on a slice. Report back to us!

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
None of the above, those choices are much to limited. It has gotta be grilled chicken, sliced meatballs, mushrooms, black olives & fresh mozzarella. That combo right there is so awesome the woman that brought it to my table walked it around the restaurant & all the other people just stared in awe of it's gloriousness... several of them had to ask what was on it because it smelled so damn good.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
I'm going to get so much shit for this but Hawaiian is delicious
SCREW YOU GUYS, YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
All the cheese! No scrubby cheddar either, give me some of that blue cheese!

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
TizzytheTormentor said:

I was dubious at first, but I tried it and it was perfection, then again, I love my Pizza to be spicy as fucking all hell.
I like spicy too, but Buffalo sauce is spicy sweet D:

You can't put sweet on pizza!

...By the way, Is Japanese pizza good? Try throwing unagi on a slice. Report back to us!
I use this stuff.
Not sure I would call it sweet.

Also, will do, have yet to have a Pizza here, its mostly been rice and noodle dishes, all of which have been amazeballs.
Ohhhhh! I usually take buffalo sauce to mean a sweet and spicy barbecue sauce like on Buffalo chicken or pulled pork sandwhiches.

I love Frank's red hot... I put that shit on everything (hur hur)!

Never tried the buffalo flavor though. Just original.

We are no longer in conflict. Carry on :p

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
mitchell271 said:
I'm going to get so much shit for this but Hawaiian is delicious
SCREW YOU GUYS, YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT
Hawaiian pizza was the invention of the debil collaborating with Cthulhu and kinky wiccan chicks. It's super evil.

...I do love pineapple alone though.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Aggree completely about hotsauce ^ but sweet BBQ can be good too.
Also, green peppers are only tolerable when they're un-steamed. Nothing more disgusting than mushy pepers in food.

Most importantly; sliced meatballs are fucking EPIC. Crisp & meaty but not greasy. It saddens me to think of all the years I spent eating pizza before I found out about sliced meatballs. Breaks my heart to think of all the pizza eaters who still live in ignorance today.