Poll: The Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Stop right there! You violated the law! You must pay a fine for your criminal ways!

Well I was an Argonian 'Mindbender', something I made with Alchemy, Illusion, Summoning, Mysticism, 'Money Skills', 'People skills' and maybe some other stuff. I actually did everything wrong in what a beginner should do. Even the astrological sign of the Atronach.

I accedentally stole twice from the mages guild, but when I got accepted I was allowed to ransack the entire place and sell everything...

I got a visit from The Dark Brotherhood because a guard killed my hypnotised Beggar.

Wordslinger

Apr 3, 2010
Rossmallo said:
Wordslinger said:
I fucked around. A lot.
First time I encountered Lucien Lanchance, I kinda noticed that I liked his robes. So I killed him. And then got pissed when I discovered I couldn't do the funnest questline in the game.
Anyway, I was a old-ass Wood Elf specializing in light armor, swords, and magic. Shit was pretty cash.
Just for the record, you can get several copies of those robes later on in the quest, in case you didnt know.
I didn't know it at the time :D
I was only like, an hour into the game. I didn't know much.

Fozza

Jul 6, 2010
Haha. Depends actually. I've played Oblivion twice. First playthrough I was a male Human with thief-like skills (Lockpicking, sneak, marksman, blade etc.) and went directly for the Thief's guild since I realized I could not sell my stoolen goods. But I joined the Dark Brotherhood soon after.

During my second playthrough I played as a female Breton with mostly magic-skills and joined the Mage's guild after the sewers.

Though I personaly believe that the Dark Brotherhood have the most amusing quests.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i don't think I've ever finished any of the elder scroll games either i didn't play them at all or got bored and i hate that level quest reward stuff

ot i did the fighter and mage guilds quests

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
modded the game too much, now I have vampire herpies that I cant cure even with the mod and cant join any other guilds than the dark brotherhood because I killed several thousand guards.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Male Kahjitt, I just explored for a while, untill I found the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves guild. I've still only ever done about 5 of the main story quests. I keep getting distracted when I go back to do it...

The reason I chose that race is because I couldn't not go around as a Thundercat, and I found the night vision useful. When I found a neclace that let me breathe underwater, I was as good as gold.

Snor

Mar 17, 2009
fighters guild, because i knew its a great way to start gaining some equipment and get you started (because it was in tes3)

i was an imperial custom class btw (kinda paladin, some magic, heavy armour and weapons and magic)
though i the DB and thieves guild were a lot of fun!

tjarne

Oct 15, 2009
I was a Dark Elf male, became a vampire. Stole a set of Black Hand robes and joined the thieves guild. Soon found out that I preferred the Dark Brotherhood.

Ph33onix

Jun 4, 2010
not really, i only got the sword and costume after i had tried all styles of combat and was left with just exploring for fun... and amassing massive amounts of rare items.

Bourne

May 8, 2010
I leveled up to 12 raiding dungeons before even starting the main missions because of the autoleveling of items and armor. By the end of the game, I was getting some pretty nifty shit.

Also, the soul gems from Oblivion gates were badass maxed out.

peanutch

Oct 22, 2008
None, couldn't bring myself to play oblivian after logging thousands of hours of morrowind and daggerfall.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
My first char was an imperial. I rolled an Assassin born under the sign of the Thief and went out to commit some crimes. I figured out how to join the thieves guild and made TONS of gold, and then on accident joined the Dark Brotherhood.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
The very first time, I was a Breton male that went straight to the Mage Guild. Other play throughs usually had me going either to the Mage Guild or the Dark Brotherhood.

Last Valiance

Jun 26, 2010
Thieves guild. Then dark brotherhood.

Much cooler than the fighters guild and especially the mages' guild.

My first character on vanilla oblivion:
I tried to make a breton look cool. I really trie,d but in the end I gave up and went for a gay tiger.

BeastofShadow

Jun 29, 2009
Dark Brotherhood by far the coolest out of the guilds in Oblivion. First thing I do in every single one of my play throughs

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
Trezu said:
What was the first thing you did in Oblivion 4 when you first exited the sewer? what did you do to make the game interesting and what was your first guild?. What Race were you?

I was a Redguard [Male] who joined the Brotherhood and Killed everything that moved and i dabbled in Mods and stuff
I was an Ashborn male, magick specialization with some talent in fighting and heavy armors who joined them first off. By accident my first time, I got in a scrape when i was caught stealing from someone and accidentally killed them. Then a few days later, little man in a hood comes up to me going "hey . . . heard you like killing *nudge nudge* come see my friends . . . we think you'd like to join us . . .

and it was a loving relationship of murder and bloodshed from then on.

. . . I am so saving that quote there.

Gizmo

May 4, 2009
My first time playing I was a wood elf and I killed some random camper in the woods and joined the dark brotherhood.

cbleadfarmer

Nov 8, 2009
I still play TES IV, mainly because of the mods people are making for it, but i remember that the first thing i did was to run into the Imperial City and just started killing people, thats one way you learn from mistakes lol ;P