Poll: The Elder Scrolls Oblivion

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Argonian Ninja.
I remember killing the guard inside the first oblivion gate 'cuz he had cool armour.

Then it was the boroterood all the way.

My life for the Brotherhood

Oktanas

Apr 16, 2009
I joined all guilds but most fun is Dark brotherhood.
Next would be fighters guild, then Thieves guild and lastly Mages guild it was so lously done.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
On my very first guy, I joined the Fighter's guild first as a male something (I can't remember; it was 3 years ago). My current one is in all of the guilds.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
First thing I always do is exit the sewers, swim across the lake and beat up the bandits at the Ayliad ruins, then go to the arena, then straight to the mage's guild, because I always choose some form of magic.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
My first character

Race: I don't remember.
first guild: Dark brotherhood.
This character kept dieing from sun damage , so I had to scrap it.

Main character:
Race: Breton
First guild: Fighter.
This was a character designed and created to become an ultimately perfect character specialized in resilience and on-touch destruction spells.

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
Male Breton, classic mage, and I dicked around the countryside doing odd quests for awhile then I joined the Mages Guild, went through all those quests, and then finally started on the main quest.

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
Played as an orc, and went into the Fighters guild, but then I did a mission, and joined every other guild immediately.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
started out in the mages guild, i believe, or thieves, well i completed the mages first anyway. it was fun i kind of felt like rincewind going through all that nonsense

Bendebec

Jun 18, 2009
Personally, I made all my skills 250, went and murdered Umbra (I do this whether cheating or not), activated god mode, and went on a unstoppable killing spree while in my underwear, all by only using hand to hand skill. Oblivion is much better when you can change the skills so easily

Jun 7, 2010
i was a khajit, and joined the dark brotherhood

im the leader of every guild and i have murdered everyone in the main towns in cirodil those who can be murdered that is

NinjaRabies

Mar 26, 2010
A single save was boring. So I made three.

Save 1: Argonian vampire monk. Started in Fighters guild, Mages guild then Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild. Is Silencer in DB.
Save 2: Khajiit assassin. Did all the mages guild quests and some arcane university quests before I joined the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild. Is now Gray Fox.
Save 3: Nord custom class (blunt, heavy armor, restoration, alteration). Went straight to Main Quest. Currently hunting Mythic Dawn spies.

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
I was an argonian (male), I joined every guild. I can breathe underwater!!!

I remember exploring an ayleid ruin near the imperial city, raping and pillaging as I made my way down to the lower levels... aaahhh, good times...

Ziggy the wolf

May 26, 2009
i was Argonian when i really hit my stride. i did the mages guild and arena about the same time but the mages guild payed off in the biggest with the enchanting weapons and custom spells. my bow of eradication(20 shock frost flame for 20 feet and 10 feet soul trap for 30 seconds) and my glass sword (same set up but longer soul trap) made my ruin crawling so freaking easy and made me so freaking happy to pwn the poor poor bandits and monsters who never saw me coming

qwertyzxy27

Nov 25, 2009
the very first thing i did was try to walk to Weynin Priory and fall off a cliff because i didnt realize you could die from heights in oblivion. the first guild i joined was the arena shortly therafter i joined the thieves guild then dark brotherhood. but my favorite guild and the one i always go back to is mages guild :D. i have the most interesting RPs there including my current character An orcish Mage

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
After a nice little marathon of Morrowind before picking up this game, I specifically ran towards the fun time Thieves Guild that I loved. Of course, that required actually FINDING the Thieves Guild. There are only two ways to get your foot in the door compared to every other straight forward way (kill someone or just fucking ASK).

Either you get yourself arrested and thrown into jail (which I apparently had accomplished before the game even began), or you look at a wanted poster on the street, talk to some people, look at the poster again so the game can remember to add the "Gray Fox" topic to conversations, talk to some more people, find a beggar, listen to him say he doesn't actually know anything, realize that you have to win that fucking annoying speech minigame until he likes you enough, listen to him tell you to meet some dude at midnight on the other side of town, wait 16 hours until he finally shows up, but even then he won't acknowledge the Thieves Guild, so you have to win yet ANOTHER speech minigame in order for him to trust you enough to tell you that you have to earn your way into the guild before you can actually join!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! O_O

At least in Morrowind, you could always find the Thieves Guild in all the big towns, they were always stationed in the back-alley taverns. And I can understand that having such an open recruitment department in your guild of wanted criminals might be bending believability, but at least its fucking convenient like all the other guilds! Plus, I always just assumed that they were actually an official guild that was licensed by the government, like the guild that pretty much gives you a government approved license to kill.

I dunno, they should have really gone back and done something about the serious run around for Oblivion.

MrJohnson

May 13, 2009
Made an Argonian Male, solely because I had bought the game just because of a Game Informer article about their playtime, and I was just like "Holy shit, lizard people. I'm getting that game.". Then once I got out of the sewers I joined the Dark Brotherhood. When I look back on that character, I realize what a mess he was. It was my first time playing an open-world RPG, in my own defense.