Poll: The Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I joined and became master of all of them during one memorable playthrough. I was even the battle-master in the Arena.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
I think the first one, on the first playthrough was the Mage Guild, simply as that's mostly what I was aiming for.

I much prefer my later playthrough however for the character created - glass cannon assassin, a blue skinned Dark Elf stealthy bow user with an array of Destruction spells, generally opening and fighting with a bow and a generous shower of arrows and following up with some Destruction ranged spells, finally using a powerful On Touch Destruction spell and/or a powerful one handed sword (without a shield, didn't seem fitting to the character) if I was pitted up against something nasty that would just refuse to die.

Her first and main guild was Dark Brotherhood as the assassin was her primary role. Also, getting the black robes, Shadowmere and the bite to become a vampire completed the roleplaying image I had for her.

Damn I loved RPing in that game, just imagine it: a black robed figure on a dark steed with only red eyes and and a pale face barely visible beneath her cowl. Riding at a ridiculous pace (On Touch Fortify Speed + Shadowmare = win), never with a weapon on her through the night, able to scorch anything that would dare to attack her on the way with powerful fire based spells.

Matu Flp Krwfe

Apr 1, 2009
I explored some ruins, ran around in a few caves, and then went and joined the mages guild. Nothing too exciting there, at least not until I broke the game with spell creation.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
i was first a male imperial and i first joined the thieves guild then my data got deleted and so i restarted as an Argonian and went straight to the thieves guild again, then the dark brotherhood, then the Mages guild, then fighters guild. god i love that game

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
I was a Male Breton. Mage Archer.
I followed the story and did Kvatch. Then Mages guild for spells and enchanting!

Divine-Devil

Aug 29, 2008
Male human, and I decided to explore Cyrodill for a good while after I first exited the sewers. The main city was nice and all, I remember taking on the arena for a lot of money :)

Esvees

Jan 14, 2010
I played a nord warrior, focussed on melee combat and archery, did the 5/5/1 on every lvl up to 30. Started off with the warrior's guild and then finished all the other guild quest lines before finishing the main quest. Playing on and off on free evenings that took 6 months....and yes I enjoyed the game and no, I wouldn't do it again.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
I joined and became master of all of them during one memorable playthrough. I was even the battle-master in the Arena.
I think most people do join all the factions in a single playthrough. The Thieves' Guild is just the most advantageous to join first, in my opinion. The Gray Fox Cowl is absolutely amazing for any faction because of it's anti-encumberance and stealth properties, as well as the ability to have all crimes directed to the Gray Fox and not yourself. The Theives guild also opens up vendors who will buy stolen goods.

Mar 9, 2010
TheNamlessGuy said:
ever since Whodunit? was my favorite quest.
Ah, good to know I'm not the only one.

First time for me, Dark Elf assassin. First thing I did was kill a guy for the wacko in skingrad and joined the dark brotherhood.

mrwoo112

Jul 15, 2010
For about 2 months i only really "faffed" around the place stabbing goblins as i went. but on my 3rd run-through i decided i would be a mage, and getting into that closed off university was integrating. I spent the whole day getting into the mages guild.

Dark2003

Jun 17, 2010
Dark Brotherhood, all the way, slip in kill people, then let the Night Mother wrap you in her cold embrace

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
Trezu said:
What was the first thing you did in Oblivion 4 when you first exited the sewer? what did you do to make the game interesting and what was your first guild?. What Race were you?

I was a Redguard [Male] who joined the Brotherhood and Killed everything that moved and i dabbled in Mods and stuff
I died,then quit Oblivion.

True story.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Jonluw said:
First playthrough? A nord. Fighter's guild. The arena.

Granted, I did the mages' guild afterwards. It is surprisingly easy to beat the mages guild with a fighter and vice versa.
Were it not for the restrictions that required certain skills to advance, this would hold true across the board really. The Theives Guild could be done by a mage, the Dark Brotherhood by a Fighter and so forth.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Your poll needs "Random sidequests", "Main quest", "Arena", or "Random dungeons"

Rett Silvari

May 26, 2009
I played a High Elf Mage.
I went and got an invisibility spell, then proceeded to steal everything from every castle and house in the game. It took a while lol.

Of course, somewhere in the middle of this I killed the guy who writes a fake letter for a thief's guild quest, so I can't join them cuz I saved that mistake.

Om Nom Nom

Feb 13, 2010
Breton Mage/Necromancer (mod). Mages Guild and Dark Brotherhood.

Marching around with my own little horde of undead was pretty fun.

The irony of a necromancer being the head of the Mages Guild was pretty funny.

Walkchalk

Nov 9, 2009
I was an Argonian male because all of the other races had funny looking faces to me for some reason. I was unaware of the guilds in the beginning of the game untill I walked into a shop and started picking up everything, unaware that you could steal after being so used to taking everything not tied down. I was arrested and soon I was joining the theives guild. Not long after that I decided that the bow was much better for stealth purposes and thus Walkchalk the Magnificant was born unto the world.