Poll: The Elder Scrolls Oblivion

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Dark Brotherhood are the best, you get kick ass weapons, lots of money and the missions rock. Plus you get to indiscrimantly murder people for the llz, and thats just to join.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Thieves guild. The Cowl of the Gray Fox is insanely useful. Having it is great for all the other factions, especially the Dark Brotherhood and a certain sneaky quest for the Mages Guild

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
First time when I played it I was Nord male and I immediately joined Thieves guild. I actually killed The Dark Brotherhood recruiter first time around. I didn't want my character to be associated with such an organization.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Male Argonian Scout, joined fighters guild first and the first thing I did after leaving the sewers when I first played was help the invisible villagers out.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I was a male Nord, and I joined both the Fighter's Guild and the Mage's Guilds, I then went into their HQ's and systematically took everything that wasn't nailed down, which I then sold.

Then I went to the DLC Wizard's Tower and made myself some spells and enchanted items, such and a few rings and pendants which combined to give me 100% chameleon.

Then I did whatever I wanted, because I could and no one was any the wiser.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
I would always do the Mage Guild first. Due to the combination of huge amounts of respawning food, Free Soul Gems in the display cases, and of course, the Spellmaking Altar, that whole place was Game Break-age incarnate.

That and I always played a spellwarrior-ish character anyway.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I was a redguard male.

I didn't get the fast-travel thingamagig, I ended up killing a bunch of bandits in a cave, going through a gate that I finally managed o find itno the imperial city and sold the gear I didn't want, then went to the arena. I did most stuff in the game hen did the main quest. After that I started more characters and modded the fuck out of the game.

Bass Guitarist

Sep 9, 2009
The very first time I played, I started as an Argonian male.
I made a really awkward sneaking class that worked out amazingly well (Though I can't seem to remake it...), accidentally fireballed a shopkeep in the Imperial City, got arrested, then joined the Thieves Guild.

cynikles

Jul 10, 2010
I was/am (started playing again) a Male Imperial who has joined up with the Thieves Guild and the Fighters Guild. Fighters Guild just makes more sense for a hack and slash character, but I like stealing everything that isn't nailed down, so Thieves guild suits that purpose.

I'm yet to take the Amulet of Kings to Chorral. :p

Ph33onix

Jun 4, 2010
uhm guys... u do know u can be with all the guilds right ? i was an male woodelf vampire and wore 8 items with 17% chameleon (dark robes+accesories). Also I did about 80% of the side quest before i ever got to the main quest... i just forgot about it X3

BTW The weapon i used was Umbra, since i was invi i could get 3xCrits with it and insta kill mostly anything :)

Wordslinger

Apr 3, 2010
I fucked around. A lot.
First time I encountered Lucien Lanchance, I kinda noticed that I liked his robes. So I killed him. And then got pissed when I discovered I couldn't do the funnest questline in the game.
Anyway, I was a old-ass Wood Elf specializing in light armor, swords, and magic. Shit was pretty cash.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
Wordslinger said:
I fucked around. A lot.
First time I encountered Lucien Lanchance, I kinda noticed that I liked his robes. So I killed him. And then got pissed when I discovered I couldn't do the funnest questline in the game.
Anyway, I was a old-ass Wood Elf specializing in light armor, swords, and magic. Shit was pretty cash.
Just for the record, you can get several copies of those robes later on in the quest, in case you didnt know.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
made my way to the mage guild.

shortly followed by the thiefs guild which resulted in the dark brotherhood :p
fighters guild was really meh...

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I always play as a male Argonian, mainly for their water breathing and disease resistance. I hate dealing with those things in video games, so it's nice to have a race that completley bypasses them.

I of course became the leader of all guilds in the game. I think the one I beat first was the Fighter's Guild. However, the Mage's Guild is my favorite because it is the most useful one you can join. Gives you access to that large garden, which is great for making potions.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Ph33onix said:
uhm guys... u do know u can be with all the guilds right ? i was an male woodelf vampire and wore 8 items with 17% chameleon (dark robes+accesories). Also I did about 80% of the side quest before i ever got to the main quest... i just forgot about it X3

BTW The weapon i used was Umbra, since i was invi i could get 3xCrits with it and insta kill mostly anything :)
Sounds challenging.

weren't you bored out of your mind after doing that for 10 minutes?

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
I played a male dunmer (as always), going straight for the Thieves Guild - though I've always been more for the Dark Brotherhood, 'cause, boy, do I love killing people.

Kranay

Jun 9, 2009
I'm nearly always a Khajiit with stats and skills centered around stealth, so thieve's guild for me. After that, it's the dark brother hood, then mage's guild, then the main quest, then fighter's guild.. etc, etc.. Stealth in Oblivion was actually fun.. And if you buggered up stealth so often, you could grab a mage and use invisibility!

And if that doesn't work, you could become a Nord and butcher everything in the room because if there's no one there to see you, you're invisible.

Biffy Cakeo

May 24, 2010
I was an Argonian. First thing I did was take a swim and enter the ruins right across the water. My 1st guild was Dark Brotherhood. What made the game interesting for me was how many different ways I could reload then kill my adoring fan from the arena.