Poll: The glories of Ice cream

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Unless it is vanilla with a lot of rum, I same some obscure hipster flavour

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough is clearly the best. I once had Smurf flavour ice cream from a little ice cream shop in Belgium though, which was pretty awesome.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
sky14kemea said:
Why do we need to decide on which flavour is the best? Why can't we all just live in harmony with our love of ice cream?
My name Da Orky Man, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the flavour of his choice?
'No!' says the man in the seaside resort, 'He will have our own locally-sourced option.' 'No!' says the man in the Odeon, 'He will have Rocky Road with sprinkles, chocolate chips and other overpriced extras' 'No!' says the man in the ice cream parlour, 'He will have some of everything.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Ben and Jerry's. A store where the customer would not fear the brain-freeze; where the server would not be bound by petty scoop sizes; where the vanilla would not be constrained by the chocolate! And with the sweat of your brow, Ben and Jerry's can become your ice cream brand as well.

Note: For those not in the know, Ben and Jerry's is a particularly delicious brand of ice-cream. No advertising is intended, I just couldn't make the pun work properly otherwise :)

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
Vanilla but one of my favourite ice creams is a Turkish one that is sold by street vendors. I shit you not the damn stuff stretchs. It's one of the most wonderful ice creams I have ever witnessed. The taste is pretty good as well.

TheKaz

Jul 2, 2012
Mint choco chip is my default favorite HOWEVER....s'mores and peanutbutter is something straight out of the pantheon of ice cream flavors.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
all of them. they're all my favorite. you can't make me choose. i went down the list imagining each one, and every time it came up 'that's my favorite.'. sorry. and that includes all the ones not on the list, too.

Mau95

Nov 11, 2011
Simple. It's straciatella. Not that artificial Supermanjunk. We have blue icecream here too but it's called something else.
This thread reminds me of a particular KND episode. I still wonder about the Fourth flavor...

"spell out this number: 4" What do I do now?

Mau95

Nov 11, 2011
ScoopMeister said:
Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough is clearly the best. I once had Smurf flavour ice cream from a little ice cream shop in Belgium though, which was pretty awesome.
It looks a lot like the Blue Moon the OP showed right?

"meddling kids"

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Plain vanilla vanilla is where it's at. Made with proper, real, genuine vanilla - and plenty of it.

Vanilla is also the base of pretty much any other ice cream flavour we make - be that fruity or chocolate or caramel or with all sorts of crumbles and whatnot. Plain vanilla with generous layers of cinnamon stirred into it has got to be the one that keeps me sane over these hot, busy and utterly weird days of late.

CellShaded

Aug 8, 2009
Mint is apparently an obscure hipster flavour. I'll get my ironic shirts and lenseless glasses out now.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Either cookies and cream or something with caramel in it.
I cannot even fathom what cookies and caramel cream ice cream would taste like...

PFCboom

Sep 20, 2012
I once made this uber-gourmet ice cream with vanilla bean and a hint of banana. I then topped it with a kinda salsa made with fire-roasted red pepper and balsamic vinegar. It's one of the few dishes I'm genuinely proud of.
Anyway, that's the best ice cream I've ever tasted. Second after that would be mint chocolate chip.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Pistachio, of course.

Kidding. But the gist is it's silly to pick one when there are so many.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I adore ice cream. It goes great with just about everything and is perfect for every moment!

I think I love Party Cake the best. Vanilla with bits of cake...wait no, maybe Mint Chocolate Chip? But I had Cookies and Cream and it was just soooooooo good. Ooh, and Moose Tracks is amazing, peanut butter and chocolate and ice cream. Then there's Butter Pecan and Vanilla Almond. But Cookie Dough is a classic.

I don't know! I voted for Cookie Dough....but there's so many to choose and to love and to eat...nomnomnom

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
How the hell does vanilla get that many votes?
Vanilla is only good as a toppin for apple pie and brownies, and as an ingrediant for other things. Certainly it's invaluable, but on its own??? Dafuq?

I vote somewhere in the neighborhood of Rocky Road.
Mudslide Brownie might be it.

We have like 5000 varieties of ice cream widely available around here. It's hard to choose.

I'll give a shout out to Huckleberry icecream.
Pretty good stuff.
I didn't even know that huckleberries were a real type of berry until like a week ago.