Poll: The greatest Captain

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
Benjamin Sisko is the greatest captain the Federation has ever known, this is proof:

Kirk can go F*** green women,
Picard can study archeology,
Janeway can make monstrous decisions that should have gotten her crew killed a dozen times over
But, only Sisko has the stones to willingly ignore his own sense of morality and live the rest of his life keeping this secret for the greater good.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Ah, so it's not a battle of captains but rather a battle of ages.
You grow up with that captain so you chose him or her if you're truly unlucky.

Other than that I pity all of those who can't appreciate the one true Captain Kirk who started the whole saga.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
1. Captain Morgan and Captain Jack Sparrow because they're pirates and provide rum.

2. For Star Trek Captain I would pick Picard for captaininess, but my hats off to Sisko for punching Q.

3. Where is the option for Captain Beverley Crusher???

SeanTheBlueSheep

Nov 27, 2011
PhantomEcho said:
-Ezio- said:
the only true choice.

I agree. This.

Very much this.

In fact, if they ever make another Star Trek series... this is the man they need to Captain their ship.
If they ever need to make another captain. Of anything. Ever. This is the man they need to captain their anything.

OT: I've never much been a trekkie, so I have no input on the main debate, but it's fun to see what amusing captains people came up with.

I think as it goes, we have Captain Tight-pants up there, then Captain Jack Harkness, and then obligatorially we have the winner of this debate, then Captain Hammer, then Captain Jack Sparrow.

jprf

May 18, 2011
Picard is great, but I have to go with Sisko on this one. Why? This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjvYiSDJujA

Everyone who hasn't watched Deep Space Nine, WATCH IT NOW. It's easily my favourite of the various star trek series, and the fact that bloody voyager is beating it on this poll is depressing.

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
Captain Jack Harkness
Also the face of bo.
He can't die
he fights crime in real life

Yugeky20

Sep 19, 2011
Captain Kangaroo *Insert song 'Flowers on the wall'*.
But in all serious the obvious answer is Jean Luc Picard.

Gnarynhar

Jan 9, 2010
Bara_no_Hime said:
James Tiberius mother-fucking Kirk.

The man could kill anything. Or have sex with anything.

Please, Kirk only slept with women, now Jack Harkness, there's a man who can have sex with anything!

x-machina

Sep 14, 2010
I had no idea there were that many captains, I thought there was just shattner and stewart.

BulletMagTrig

Nov 14, 2011
Picard is the Batman to Kirk's Superman. Kirk has everything going for him, but Picard is more personal and badass. I wasn't all that drawn to the other captains since they just seemed to fall short after these two.

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
gideonkain said:
Benjamin Sisko is the greatest captain the Federation has ever known, this is proof:

Kirk can go F*** green women,
Picard can study archeology,
Janeway can make monstrous decisions that should have gotten her crew killed a dozen times over
But, only Sisko has the stones to willingly ignore his own sense of morality and live the rest of his life keeping this secret for the greater good.
Also, he manages to raise a son and meet a new wife (after she gets back from the prison he sent her to)

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Well durnit. All the good non star trek related captains have been taken (and even some really lame ones) So, I guess Ill throw out what Is left in Captain Leslie Hero.

Trek related? Sisko but Picard is damned close.

And honestly if you ask a question of "who was the best captain" even today the only logical conclusion will draw you to star trek.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Gnarynhar said:
Please, Kirk only slept with women, now Jack Harkness, there's a man who can have sex with anything!
If Jack Harkness was in Star Trek, I'd be a much bigger Star Trek fan. :p

Also, Riker had sex with an alien who had both sexes. So I suppose that makes Will Riker the half-way point between Kirk and Jack Harkness. This is why I like Riker better than Picard.