Poll: The Hurricane Approaches

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
As many of us in the Eastern half of the United States are aware, Hurricane Sandy is treading along the Atlantic Coast, bringing heavy winds, flooding and all of that nasty natural destructiveness. Water levels hundreds of miles away from the hurricane are rising as officials all along the coastline are ordering mandatory evacuations.

Is anyone else being affected by this? If so, please share what is going on in your neck of the woods. I live in upstate New York and already there's a flood warning out for where I live, starting at 12am Monday and ending 12am Wednesday, with winds expected to gust up to 65 miles per hour during late Tuesday afternoon.

I pretty much got everything I need from the store, just in case things go awry. The sentiment is echoed by pretty much everyone I met in the store, as most of the bottled water has been sold out, along with a few other necessities. Everyone's taking precautions and is gearing up for whatever Sandy can potentially dish out.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I'm probably going to be just fine. I'm seeing no rain, no high winds, nothing. Just a dreary gray sky above me.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I've been getting power outages (ranging from a few seconds to about a half hour) all afternoon. I have to think it is related.

Girlfriend lives in New Jersey, where they have declared a state of emergency.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
TizzytheTormentor said:
I live in Ireland! No hurricanes for me!
Now, I must go to a Halloween party!

Our weather always sucks though, how bad is this hurricane gonna be?
They're closing the New York subway tonight, has to be pretty bad to have New Yorkers do THAT >.>

OT: Living in North Carolina, not much besides some wind and a depressing sky

Grandparents live on the coast of Delaware though, don't know how bad it'll be there though

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
No, but I have been through a number of hurricanes in my lifetime, so I know what they can be like...

Hopefully it won't cause too much trouble for all those in its path.

BrassButtons

Nov 17, 2009
I'm in inland Delaware. Lots of rain so far, and a bit of wind. If the storm does what they say it will I don't expect to have any real issues with flooding. And our power lines are underground, so we probably won't lose power. Only major concern at this point is the wind knocking branches out of trees.

Hope everybody else stays safe.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Nah, the worst I'm getting might be a power outage, and even that's stretching it. I'm sitting comfortably in Florida; it looks like the worst of it is making landfall too far north to be of consequence around here.

Rinshan Kaihou

Dec 3, 2009
Live in Saratoga NY here, work in Albany. Looking like it might be pretty nasty here the next couple days. Have plenty of supplies, though I wish they hadn't been sold out of generators when I went to the store yesterday =|

yeti585

Apr 1, 2012
The hurricane is supposed to cut a hard left and bulldoze straight through me. To make it worse, it's going to combine with a winter storm coming in from the west and grow more powerful.

[sup]Thank god I decided to run out and grab F1 2012 today.[/sup]

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
School got cancelled for tomorrow for me, giving me time for Legends of Grimrock and Cry of Fear, which I picked up yesterday.

wottabout

May 4, 2011
I'm in central Pennsylvania. I have done absolutely nothing to prepare aside from keeping my laptop charged in case of a power outage. We'll see how that goes.

EDIT: Might as well mention that nothing has been cancelled for me yet. But I can still hope, right?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Well, my university already decided that they're closed tomorrow and my Dad had me and my brother gather up loose stuff in the yard and stuff it in the garage, so I expect to get hit to some degree.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Well I'm gona get hit by whatever survives making it's way into Ontario. I don't expect the winds to be to bad since I'm about as far from any of the great lakes as possible (While still living inbetween them all). Really just not gona be happy driving through all the rain to school.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
smearyllama said:
School got cancelled for tomorrow for me, giving me time for Legends of Grimrock and Cry of Fear, which I picked up yesterday.
Classes got cancelled tomorrow and the day after for me :D

Let's just hope by tomorrow we still have electricity to play our video games...

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
I'm in Brooklyn. No flooding likely according to city maps, but I'm concerned about food a little. I'm thinking of heading out to the grocery in a bit, but I doubt there's going to be much left there by now.