Poll: The Hurricane Approaches

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Here in St. Louis we're about as far from a coastline as you can get on the western hemisphere.

I have family in Atlanta, New Bedford Massachusetts, and Newark though so I hope they all do alright.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
60mph gusts(30mph normal winds)
and rain for the entire week
they were predicting 1-2ft snow at first so this is not as bad unless the power goes out.
then this will suck

Captcha says: Franken Storm
o_O
Im starting to think Captcha is what skynet would be if it was programmed by an internet troll

wottabout

May 4, 2011
My classes are cancelled for tomorrow, and the wind and rain are crazy. A friend of mine was working in the lab, and security said that it wasn't safe for her walk across the quad to her dorm, so she ended up staying in the building for a couple hours. Also, the TV informs me that a town about fifty miles away has a nuclear power plant warning. Can't find any more information about this, but I'm kind of worried.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
SpAc3man said:
Ha nope. I am currently enjoying the sunny Auckland weather we always get around exam time..

Behold the glorious sunshine:
I am so jealous right now. I can deal with the wind and rain the hurricane is bringing, I just hate Michigan's freezing weather. It's 40f/4.5c degrees and it's only going to get colder til spring >.<

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
i live in tiny Denmark.. nothing impressive never really happens here... Good luck to all of you guys though!

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
TehCookie said:
SpAc3man said:
Ha nope. I am currently enjoying the sunny Auckland weather we always get around exam time..

I am so jealous right now. I can deal with the wind and rain the hurricane is bringing, I just hate Michigan's freezing weather. It's 40f/4.5c degrees and it's only going to get colder til spring >.<
Shit that's cold. Currently 21C/70F here and it's 5pm. Sometimes, in the coldest depth of winter, Auckland hits 0C in the coldest part of the night and we all panic.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
wottabout said:
My classes are cancelled for tomorrow, and the wind and rain are crazy. A friend of mine was working in the lab, and security said that it wasn't safe for her walk across the quad to her dorm, so she ended up staying in the building for a couple hours. Also, the TV informs me that a town about fifty miles away has a nuclear power plant warning. Can't find any more information about this, but I'm kind of worried.
From what I've read, all of the nuclear power plants in Sandy's path are on alert, to include the oldest nuclear power plant located in Lacey Township, NJ.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Living in Ottawa, Canada. So yeah, we'll get some rain and we've already seen a bit of fairly strong wind. Nothing serious though.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
dyre said:
smearyllama said:
School got cancelled for tomorrow for me, giving me time for Legends of Grimrock and Cry of Fear, which I picked up yesterday.
Classes got cancelled tomorrow and the day after for me :D

Let's just hope by tomorrow we still have electricity to play our video games...
So you're saying... The Day After Tomorrow?

OT: I think Alberta will be fine...

EDIT: Sweet Escapist, making me quote the wrong person... No blame to me at all....

gamefreakbsp

Sep 27, 2009
Sandy came, she saw, she.....wasn't that big of a deal in the South Shore of MA, which is where I am. Classes cancelled though, so I'd say it is nothing but a positive for me.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Tony said:
I laughed. So damn hard.

Please sir, have an internet.

Anyway, it's almost 1:30 AM here in New York, and it's quiet for the most part. Was a bit windy for a few hours, but other than that, nothing exciting.

Then again, I live in Brooklyn, and from what I've heard, lower Manhattan didn't fair as well. Got a bit wet there, but then again, streets flooding is nothing new.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Oh I love being in the midwest this time of year :D

Now to wait for the next tornado to hit...

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
TehCookie said:
SpAc3man said:

***** please, i live in the middle of Iowa and its about 30 F right now and i'm still wearing t-shirts. Sure its because I don't have my coat with me right now, but I'm not complaining

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
uchytjes said:
TehCookie said:
SpAc3man said:

***** please, i live in the middle of Iowa and its about 30 F right now and i'm still wearing t-shirts. Sure its because I don't have my coat with me right now, but I'm not complaining
Can I do the ***** please thing?

Manitoba, Canada. -20C is normal all winter, and it often hits -40C (and F, it's the same) for maybe 10-15 days over winter. The Michigan dude knows, except i's colder here.

Right now it's 3C... which is what? Maybe 35F?

Now for the next person to say they have it worse...

OT: I don't think we'l get hit with anything as most of our weather comes from the west... but if anything does come in from the east and Sandy, it'll be bad. The only weather that comes from the east is tornadoes and terrible storms, due to our weather patterns.

Hope everyone is ok, anyway.

Beldaros

Jan 24, 2009
I'm not sure no is a definite option... where is it going to go after Eastern America, is it going to swing to Europe? Keep going North, or fizzle out?... Anyone's guess is good.

So, not affected yet, sympathies and good luck to those that will be hit. Also, my parents are in Jamaica... With things that are going on there, not sure if I know someone who's been hit or not... I hope not.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
We were in the potential area, there were rumors flying around about 10 day power outages. We never lost power. Wasn't even that stormy truth be told.