Poll: The Hurricane Approaches

Spygon

May 16, 2009
From the uk so i will have no chance of being affected.But good luck to all those that are and could be stay safe.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I'm currently attending college in Baltimore, so far no power outages but all classes are cancelled and the weather is shitty so I have nowhere to go. It's kind of boring. Now it's just cold and rainy, yesterday is was windy and there were huge puddles everywhere. It's predicted to pick up again tonight.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
uchytjes said:
***** please, i live in the middle of Iowa and its about 30 F right now and i'm still wearing t-shirts. Sure its because I don't have my coat with me right now, but I'm not complaining
I wear long sleeves and pants til it hits 80, I can't deal with the cold. Heat is no issue for me.
IndomitableSam said:
Can I do the ***** please thing?

Manitoba, Canada. -20C is normal all winter, and it often hits -40C (and F, it's the same) for maybe 10-15 days over winter. The Michigan dude knows, except i's colder here.

Right now it's 3C... which is what? Maybe 35F?

Now for the next person to say they have it worse...
No offense but screw Canada. I'd die of hypothermia.

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Welp, instead of 36-48 hours or rainfall we only got about 12 hours and 2-4 inches. Some parts of the NJ shore got rocked though.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
TehCookie said:
uchytjes said:
***** please, i live in the middle of Iowa and its about 30 F right now and i'm still wearing t-shirts. Sure its because I don't have my coat with me right now, but I'm not complaining
I wear long sleeves and pants til it hits 80, I can't deal with the cold. Heat is no issue for me.
IndomitableSam said:
Can I do the ***** please thing?

Manitoba, Canada. -20C is normal all winter, and it often hits -40C (and F, it's the same) for maybe 10-15 days over winter. The Michigan dude knows, except i's colder here.

Right now it's 3C... which is what? Maybe 35F?

Now for the next person to say they have it worse...
No offense but screw Canada. I'd die of hypothermia.
Hah. Well, it gets into the 90's (typically 20-25ish, which is 70+, until August when it's usually 80's+) and sometimes 100-ish here in summer and in early summer, it's light out at 4am and you can still see blue sky at 10pm. It's glorious. On the flipside, in the winter there's only sunlight from 8am-4pm, so... yeah. But with the snow it's never truly dark.

Come see a prairie sky, and you'll fall in love with Canada.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Living in the metorpolitan area, got two days off of school for nothing but one or two trees falling on some power lines.

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
living in CT, and lucky enough to still have power despite around 1/2 my town being out (including streets in my neighborhood). Just got word from my collage that canceled Wednesday classes making it 3 days in a row now (collage town as 60% power outage at the moment)

The more i see how it ROCKED places like NYC i realize our state got off easy by comparison. although i am sure our coastal towns got it really bad too

purf

Nov 29, 2010
I kinda wish nature showing its force would affect me at least for once. Well, not hoping to be affected, but I'd like to see/feel something like this first hand. Continental Europe is boooring. Maybe 4 teeny-weeny theoretically noticeable earthquakes in my lifetime, all of which I've slept through and "windstorm" Kyrill in '07 which, albeit impressively redesigning the forest I used to play in as a achild, I experienced as "okay, it's pretty windy, I guess I have to lean forward a bit..."