Poll: The TF2 Insult

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
vrbtny said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Guys, stop pissing on the item system. If you don't want the items, use your classic loadout and shut the fuck up. Nobody likes a whiny little ***** that just goes on and on about every tiny little thing they can come up with that they don't like about the items, or the mannconomy, or the trading or the hats or the store. If you don't like it, DON'T FUCKING USE IT. It's not hard and it's not compulsory.

As for the F2P, well, personally I'm indifferent. The game was losing revenue and rep, and now it's gained a bunch of new players. On the other hand, a good deal of them will be spammy idiots that really don't give a shit about the game, and I can imagine a shit-ton of hackers coming along. So yeah, the pros weigh out the cons evenly, I don't really mind.
I have got no idea what you just said, honestly, I don't care, but DUDE! You're avatar is Epic! Seriously, I've never even watched that Pony thing, but you're avatar has made me interested all of a sudden....

OT : Yes, the RAGE!! We love rage!! I only bought the game a week ago and now I get a hat.... yay?
That's "your", and thanks :p

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
TF2 died for me shortly after the hats were introduced, I haven't played it since and I doubt I ever will now.

BarberToad

Apr 22, 2011
Tf2 has been out for 4 years. AND when it came out you payed retail price for 5 games in one. I'm saying that I don't feel ripped off by tf2 going free, complaining would be like to argue that you should receive compensation when a game goes on special offer. I do feel bad though for my friend who bought the game at the beginning of the week...

Still, for the "biggest update of them all", I do feel a tad disappointed. I'm also a bit confused with Valve's strategy: The humongous amount of weapons and unusual hats would baffle a new player, and I thought they went with it because they realized that tf2 isn't going to get new players.....so why are they trying so hard to invite more in? They'll get confused about a demoman's glowing eye either being an unusual hat effect or the indication that he has cut off quite a few heads!

Best update was the spy vs. sniper.....I do also feel quite enraged that I never managed to participate in the demoman/soldier war :<

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
TiefBlau said:
Hamish Durie said:
hehe i just no some where some PC fanboy is crying out on the internet saying the last bastion of pure PC games has fallen
lolwut?

With this, there'll be more PC gamers.

I find your lack of logic disturbing, Ein.
sorry i meant pure elitist PC gamers that are convinced that they are the master race

Feb 13, 2008
By the way, gentlemen reading this thread.

alpha.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:27015
uk.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:13013

7pm GMT.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/EscapistTF2

:)

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Well I had a bit of spare time, so I just whipped this together as an image response to the "TF2 is dead" naysayers:

(inspired by this image, of course):
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8274/edithappilydyingsince19vs7.png
Yes it's meant to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but I think the core message is true nonetheless. People have claimed that TF2 is "dying" or "dead" with every major update, yet the playerbase is still going strong.

Soulfoodman

Dec 20, 2009
My only complaint about f2p is that the hat we got is ugly. Niftier hat plox.

I only dislike the Uber Update because of Timbuk Tuesday. It's mentioned earlier, but the new Demoman items are game-breakingly dumb, especially if you play pyro. Hurr durr watch me spam charge at you and be able to turn and have full control, plus my new sword will heal me the instant I kill you so you can't even get an afterburn kill. Needs to be patched. That and no Pyro goodies? C'mon.

The rest of the update is largely inconsequential to me. The only new item I want to try out is the Quick-Fix.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
bahumat42 said:
omega 616 said:
I don't really have an opinion at the moment, I haven't been able to play TF2 in months, it just crashes when loading up a game.

I can't really imagine it turning into a fuck fest, vote kick away any trouble makers and just enjoy being able to play with more peeps.

(if anybody has any suggestions to get it working I would appreciate it, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I have verified)
sounds like a driver issue to me, have you got the latest driver for your graphics card?
Well I just updated my drivers (just to make sure) and when Itired to play the game it won't even refresh the server list so I have no idea what is going on with it.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I bought TF2 for 1 dollar during a 1 hour Steam sale so I'm no different than those who just download it for free. You can whine all you want about how you got ripped off, but there will always be sales, always be cheaper options, always be changes. Why don't you whine about that Homefront and Divinity 2 is on a 50% sale on Steam right now too?
It's not a tragedy and I wont say this is a good thing, but you're overreacting.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
OP, my suggestion is play the console version. I know it's blasphemous to say it, but think about it - Not for free, small and concise base of people playing it, and now hats or items at all.

So unless you really like the new weapons. Personally I find it more fun when it's more simple every now and then. I do wish they'd add more maps though.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
mrF00bar said:
TF2 died for me shortly after the hats were introduced, I haven't played it since and I doubt I ever will now.
So how did hats that have no impact on gameplay kill a perfectly good game, if I may ask?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
bahumat42 said:
omega 616 said:
bahumat42 said:
omega 616 said:
I don't really have an opinion at the moment, I haven't been able to play TF2 in months, it just crashes when loading up a game.

I can't really imagine it turning into a fuck fest, vote kick away any trouble makers and just enjoy being able to play with more peeps.

(if anybody has any suggestions to get it working I would appreciate it, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I have verified)
sounds like a driver issue to me, have you got the latest driver for your graphics card?
Well I just updated my drivers (just to make sure) and when Itired to play the game it won't even refresh the server list so I have no idea what is going on with it.
Ahh so you get to the menu, so the softwares working. I think thats just steam being retarded. Does it to me sometimes too. If you have any friends (not implying anything there) playing the game on steam try following them into a game some time, just to see if the gameplay works fine.
Nah, I am friendless.

It seems after the driver download I did my screen is shitting itself, flickering balck and white. I think I might have just downloaded the wrong drivers.

>.<

Good thing I have seizures due to flashing lights.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Soulfoodman said:
My only complaint about f2p is that the hat we got is ugly. Niftier hat plox.

I only dislike the Uber Update because of Timbuk Tuesday. It's mentioned earlier, but the new Demoman items are game-breakingly dumb, especially if you play pyro. Hurr durr watch me spam charge at you and be able to turn and have full control, plus my new sword will heal me the instant I kill you so you can't even get an afterburn kill. Needs to be patched. That and no Pyro goodies? C'mon.

The rest of the update is largely inconsequential to me. The only new item I want to try out is the Quick-Fix.
Aw c'mon, the "Doughboy/Tommy" helmet is a classic. It looks particularly good on the Sniper and Soldier.

I will agree with you that the Demo items are disappointing though. For a class called "the Demoman," you'd think there would be a focus on explosive weapons rather than melee combat.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
I'm glad this game is finally F2P! I'm not the biggest fan, but I wholly enjoy the gameplay, antics, and characters in TF2. I think your panicking over nothing. Valve knows who bought the game and who didn't and with their level of care for their fans, it would be rare for them to not give people who purchased the game nothing at all down the line. Next update, I bet they'll have content exclusive to premium members. And besides, you paying for the game when it first came out and then it going to F2P is JUST like a game being discounted over time; so "qwitcherbitchin'".

Your fear of trolls and griefers is just about as valid as it is with quite literally ANY game. My friend bought Brink just to go online and tell everyone how bad it is; money doesn't stop trolls.

I do agree with you on the items system, though. I don't like it either, but it's not killing me or ruining the game for me. Maybe weapon skins would've been a better alternative; kind of like how League of Legends has skins, but no exclusivity when it comes to them or items.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
I was wondering what I would get in return for my patronage now that the game is F2P. I can wear hats...I'm dissapointed really. I don't even LIKE the hats. The game is still fun and will most likely continue to be so but I still feel a little gypped considering I only bought it earlier this year.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
As others have said, a wait a week or two, by then, if the game is still flushed with grievers and trolls, or whatever else, than I guess it really is dead.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
bahumat42 said:
omega 616 said:
bahumat42 said:
omega 616 said:
bahumat42 said:
omega 616 said:

Ahh so you get to the menu, so the softwares working. I think thats just steam being retarded. Does it to me sometimes too. If you have any friends (not implying anything there) playing the game on steam try following them into a game some time, just to see if the gameplay works fine.
Nah, I am friendless.

It seems after the driver download I did my screen is shitting itself, flickering balck and white. I think I might have just downloaded the wrong drivers.

>.<

Good thing I have seizures due to flashing lights.
ahhh im making things worse ahhhhh im sorry.

Ok 1st thing check all your pc drivers are up to date. If that doesn't work roll back the graphics one to fix the monitor issue.

And once you have done that give me your pc specs so i can go hunt down a solution.

(oh and feel free to add my steam if u needed some1 to test with, i play tf2 loads and im not a scary person ^^)
I meant to say I don't have fits when I see flashing lights.

I am a PC noob and I have windows 7 so I have no idea how to do anything with it, on XP I could tell you no problem but 7 is messing with my head.

I know I have a HD5750 graphics card, if thats any help. My brother built this PC fo my years ago so I have no idea what motherboard, processor is in it.

I know I am massive computer noob, it's the main reason I am mostly a console gamer... I can work a console.