Poll: The Warrior, the Wizard and the Thief

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Thief is the best, especially in more open world games when the classes extend beyond combat. Oh you're strong or have magic? stealth and stealing things and non combat skills have far more depth

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
Steagony said:
madwarper said:
Steagony said:
Is it the mighty Warrior, whose ranks include Knights, Monks and Archers?
Archers are warriors now? o_O
According to D&D, yeah.
Rangers are not the only class that can benefit from using ranged attacks. Rogues, ninjas and the like can gain extra damage from attacking unseen, especially with ranged attacks.

Nietz

Dec 1, 2009
My first character in any game(where you can create a character) is always a wizard/mage. I am also partial to playing a cleric. I do dabble with the other classes, but that is usually after that fact that I've finished the game already with my wizard.

That said, I do believe that the wizards-robes you get in most games are ridiculous, which is sad. I remember playing Dragon Age 2, and my wizard ran around in a spiffy pale-pink number through a lot of the game. Sure, at moments I felt like the dude, but most of the time it just seemed silly.

Skyrim on the other hand have kinda cool, if a little boring, wizards-robes.

Oh, and If I could, I would totally play any modern shooter as a wizard, that would be AWESOME! :)

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I prefer the warrior. Survivability, pretty straight-forward combat and... well, I love the looks of heavy armor.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
The warrior. I haven't come face to face with an obstacle that can't be easily overcome as a warrior. Just smash it with my smashing stuff. Smashing doesn't work? Smash it harder. ALWAYS pure warrior. Never any stealth or magic. Just smashing.

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
While I'm an old hand with clerics (boring), I really do prefer to wade in, duel wielding or sword and board. I like cqc.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
I play the Assassin. A stealth character that is good at killing but has less skill in lock picking or stealing stuff. So basically I put myself down as the Thief. For me Wizards sometimes get too complicated (although I love playing Sorcerers in DnD) and Warriors are kind boring and less immersive when I play one in an RPG.

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
I tend to favor The Wizard archetype.

There's something about carrying a holocaust in your back pocket that gives a body a certain swagger. Knowledge is power.

On a more serious note, I like a magic-user's utility. They don't really need a sword or a rope to get the job done when the ultimate tool is at their disposal.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
My most comfortable is by far a warrior, though I wish to start using more magic-oriented characters in the future. Thieves and Assassins just aren't my kind of thing at all, and I enjoy butchering them in games xD.

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
Warrior all the way. Let others sneak and put their faith in spells and wiles. I trust my steel, and it repays my trust.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I usually tend to favor the Warrior. With a bit of magic support as well to cover most of my weaknesses if possible.

rod_hynes

Jun 21, 2009
I like to play a character that does a little of everything. He leans towards ranger I guess. Not so much a thief per say. But he is well rounded, can shoot an arrow, pick a lock, stick em in the ribs with a sword, and if all else fails can throw a fireball. It really gives it some divirsity, but he won't get very advanced in any one area.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
I'm surprised at how many are thieves, I expected Warriors to be way ahead.
Mages for me. Their abilities are usually more interesting!

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I always imagine that I'd prefer the stealthy assassin or the powerful mage.

But I always have more fun with a good ol' sword or two.

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
I think I looked through all the posts, yet I believe I'm the only one to prefer this build...

Mage/Thief

typically Im a magic user in RPGs. in D&D i would almost always build my magic user with stealth capabilities. i figure the only thing worse about a thief who can pick the gold off you while having a conversation is the thief who can cast Fireball if you so happen to notice and fly away. the spell Change Self also came in use many times for committing crimes and pushing the blame onto random bystanders.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
I do think I'm most partial to the Wizard, or rather, the Wizard who makes sure the rest of the party can fight on, while being able to dish out some damage on their own. More or less TF2's Medic. I just like wizards, intelligent and analytic.

I do like the Thief as well, however. Holding up in the shadows, or hiding in plain sight, accessing the situation before striking down where and when it matters. Discrete and efficient.