Poll: This is why I don't like World of Warcraft:

Michael Logan

Oct 19, 2008
First I didnt like it because of the fact that "only nerds played it", however then I tried it, and now I dont like it because its repetetive. Sure its fun for a while, but I get bored easily when forced to do the same thing over and over again.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
It's repetitiveness, from 1 to 80(now 85) as you level your character will be doing the same cookie cutter missions over and over again. Also when I level capped it was so god damned boring running the same set of instances over and over again to grind up justice point to buy gear so you wouldn't be insta-killed the first time you set foot in a raid.

It was fun while it lasted but stagnated quickly, like I knew it would before I bought it.

SpireOfFire

Dec 4, 2009
i used to like it but i realized its just grinding and grinding and grinding all the time.

and since when is a 2 or 3 hour dungeon not long enough? i have shit to do! i have other games to play! do you want me to waste 6 hours of my 14 hours of conciousness on ONE dungeon?! fuck that and fuck you!

JIst00

Nov 11, 2009
I played for years, but as afore mentioned, the community is toxic, and that coupled with a general boredom of the game killed it for me. Im not saying everyone who plays WoW is an elitist douche or a clueless douche, just most of them. Its not just that though, it's far too scripted, and while that works up to an extent, after a while it becomes bored. Sandbox MMO all the way.

Lerxst

Mar 30, 2008
I like free-for-all, hardcore PvP MMORPGs. Ultima Online style where anyone and every could attack you and rape your rotting corpse of everything you own... yeah, hardcore. Darkfall and Mortal Online are the only newer ones that capture this.

I find those worlds are more likely to resemble actual societies where people hold themselves accountable for upholding certain standards and form their own set of laws and rules, rather than be forced to adhere to scripted ones. Criminals actually act like criminals and others treat them as such. If someone's being an ass-hat and stealing all your kills, you can stab them in the back and rob them when they're dead.

The irony is, I rarely ever participated in the PvP. Just the thrill of surviving a trip from point A to point B was all I needed to get the adrenaline flowing. WoW never even came close to this. Half the time I would end up falling asleep while traveling. If you fall asleep while playing a game, then something is definitely wrong.

NOHC

Nov 16, 2008
Zedayen said:
By the time I quit for the 5th time back in first quarter '09, the game had been dumbed down immensely. There was little to no distinction between factions/races aside from the obvious aesthetics. PvP somehow became some kind of e-sport. The game tried to appeal to too many different demographics. Any time something changed, a large quantity of people cried, when their cries were answered another group cried and repeat infinitely.

I really enjoyed vanilla WoW. After that I really only played for the guild.
*this*

Blizzard dumbed WoW down to the point of a Facebook application with better graphics. 'WoWville', if you will. It turned into a glorified chat room for me as well.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
pejhmon said:
Archemetis said:
Also, 'Quest chains' have existed in WoW from the start, they're just a succession of quests that eventually lead to a greater reward at the end.

The mechanic for the quest chains however has changed, wherein you no longer have to walk back to the quest giver to complete your quest or start the next one, you get a prompt upon completion and then can start the next part from where you're standing.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it extremely helpful.
Titan quest has been doing that for quite a while now >.>

Just thought that I'd let ya know :p
I'm a veteran, but I'm one of those weird ones that never paid any attention to mods xD
So I did not know about that one.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I liked WoW very much from what I played of the free trial. Unfurtunatly, I do not have the money to pay the subscription though. So I guess I do not like WoW because of that.

DkLnBr

Apr 2, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
What turns me off any MMO is monthly fees
This. I didnt see it in the poll, so i pressed "other". I've played Warcraft at my cousin's before, and I can understand why some people might get addicted. The only reason I wont get it is I think its incredibly stupid (no offence to MMO players) to buy a game and then have to pay to use it.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I dislike it because it was designed to waste your time, there may be enough content for an actual full game, but the way it is laid out you are required to spend hundreds of hours before you can see it all.

rezaDN1992

Jan 27, 2010
I really don't see what people like about it. FIrst of all. THis is one of the only games yoy can't play fore ever. If I buy tetris I can still play it for 50 years, unless it or the handheld brakes. If i buy WoW i have to buy it 60 day's later again. I know i have to buy membership cards, but there more expensive than the game. And teh combat isn;t fun and it lokes really ugly by todays standerts.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
imahobbit4062 said:
What turns me off any MMO is monthly fee's, and I feel that if I join, I would be pretty useless, since I don't understand most MMO terms, that and from what I hear it takes ages to get to a level where the game begins to be fun.

I love the concept however, you and a band of mates of various classes and skills tackling legions of foes together. Sounds cool.
truthfully you would learn them all extremly quickly...sure one or two would pop up occasionally you dont get, but that happens to me all the time and ive been playing for ...well longer than you want to know lol

Requx

Mar 28, 2010
Nathan Pipinpadaloxicopolis said:
the only two things stopping me from playing wow is paying for the subscription, and struggling to get a number of friends online at the same time (in this case, for raiding)
I don't wanna pay money, but I'm willing my friends don't wanna pay money...cept a few like 1 or 2, so I don't have wow friends because they dont wanna pay money I dont wanna pay money. All works out.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
To all the people who complain about other players:
Ignore List (Or even Report Spam if you want to ignore their whole account)

To all the people who say the quests are repetitive:
I suppose YOU can come up with several thousand unique quests without repeating a single thing?

To all the people who say it's nothing but grind/repetitive:
Games are nothing BUT grind/repetitiveness.

FPS games are just shooting the same enemies on the same levels over and over.
RTS games are just building the same troops on the same maps over and over.
Other MMOs and RPGs are just the same as WoW.

You can't really call WoW out on it without calling out every other game in existence out on it (Though then again mindlessly bashing WoW does supposedly make you "cool"...)

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
After a certain point the game ceases to be form of entertainment and more of just a grind and tedious boredom. I should not be bored by a product that is designed to have me escape and be entertained. And the game makes you pay monthly for...what? A now overly self entitled raging nerdy socially awkward community, raids that make things overly clusterfucky and take several DAYS to complete, and...virtual armor? Like seriously, once you hit level cap, the sense of accomplishment is taken away. "Oh? More armor?" What for? More raids? I'm sorry their just not entertaining enough to warrant the time commitment or money spent.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
I never liked WoW, or most other MMOs, because it costs me money after I already bought it, and it just plays itself for you. You click on monster, wait for it to die, click on next monster, rinse and repeat, while occasionally clicking on another monster you realize is draining your health faster. You watch this go on and hope that your stats are high enough that you don't die before the last one dies. It's just incredibly boring.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I thought the game was pretty fun but I had too issues with it. For one, it sucks up way too much time. I mean really, the creators of WoW could have made leveling requirements and instances go by a bit faster, most people who play this work and can't stay online for all eternity. My other point is it's hard to find a good community. I got frustrated with some of the players which made the experience what it shouldn't have been.