In no particular order

Arma 2 CO
Kingdom Hearts series
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Portal
Star Craft

z121231211

Jun 24, 2008
Killer7 - So far my favorite game of all time. Crazy and incomprehensible, but the style and variety of the characters was what I liked most.

Silent Hill 2 - There was a period after a year of beating it that I'd always get a random urge to go back, like it was calling to me. Definitely horror done right.

Shadow of the Colossus (ICO gets special mention) - I loved every second I've played of it.

Persona 3 - An RPG that took me 75 hours to beat the main story, and actually kept me entertained through all of it. Persona 4 deserves honorable mention that while every aspect isn't as good as 3 except the music, it had one of the most amazing "Shit just got real" moments I've seen.

I can't really think of a fifth one.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
out of the OP's list I voted for Assassin's Creed II because I have literally not played any of the others, but my own top 5 would be...

Shenmue
Shenmue 2
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I put sentimental favourites first

honorable mentions would go to Skyrim Oblivion Portal 1 and 2 Final Fantasy IX Zelda Twilight Princess (the gamecube version) Yakuza (3 and 4) the Kingdom Hearts series Valkyria Chronicles, I could go on but I'd be here a while

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
scnj said:
Dutchy115 said:
The Red Goblin said:
A list of best games doesnt contain games with the best gameplay,graphics,story or anything. It contains games that you had the best EXPERIENCES with. A game is a product. A good game is an experience.
Of course it is, but the best EXPERIENCES usually go hand in hand with games that have the best gameplay/story with sweet graphics being a late-arriving Christmas bonus
That's not entirely true. One of my best recent experiences was Deadly Premonition, a game that can be objectively considered awful.
I'm not saying games HAVE to have good graphics/story/gameplay to be good experiences, i'm just saying that the two usually go hand-in-hand, as is the case with the my Top 5

As an example, I played Halo 3 for the first time a few days ago, the graphics look vaguely PS2ish from current standards, and yet playing it through in co-op with my mates was a truly unforgettable experience. In particular, in one of the final levels, we'd reached a point where my mate was taking pot-shots at a scarabs legs with a tank and I was climbing aboard and ripping them a new one. It was as I watched my work unfold and the helpless behemoth buckle underneath the implosion I'd caused, that I thought, "You know what, the graphics of this game make me want to tear my eyes out, and the story, while good, is very fuzzy and poorly conveyed, but I'm not going to forget this badass moment for a long time."

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
Kriptonite said:
Dutchy115 said:
If someone dares to put a CoD or Battlefield game in they're top 5, they'll of course be misinformed, but let's not abuse them because of their poor life decisions, ok?
I suppose if we're going to take cheap shots at people, I could point out your elementary misuse of the word 'their'. They're is a contraction, meaning they are[footnote]Which is incorrect in this case.[/footnote] whereas their denotes possession, as in someone having a Call of Duty or Battlefield game in their top-5 list. But, being the nice guy I am, I shall not abuse you because of your poor, misinformed, life decisions.

Anyway, my top five would probably have to be, at the moment, and in no particular order:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Minecraft
Terraria
Braid (more for the amazing story, but the gameplay is good along with stunning audio/visuals)
Cave Story

There are many other titles I've enjoyed greatly, but these five hold special places in my cold, shriveled heart.
Not to be mean, but are you really that sad that you would alter a quote to have a quick laugh?
Look at the original post people, this idiot's changed the quote so that I "misspelled" their

Buffoon

Sep 21, 2008
Of those listed, Metroid Prime is definitely my favourite. Classic game.

My top 5? As of right now:

1. Doom II
2. Planescape: Torment
3. Final Fantasy VIII
4. Ecco the Dolphin II
5. Streetfighter II

Hmm, I guess I'm in a bit of a nostalgic mood at the moment, nothing from this century!

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
Kriptonite said:
Random Fella said:
Kriptonite said:
Dutchy115 said:
If someone dares to put a CoD or Battlefield game in they're top 5, they'll of course be misinformed, but let's not abuse them because of their poor life decisions, ok?
I suppose if we're going to take cheap shots at people, I could point out your elementary misuse of the word 'their'. They're is a contraction, meaning they are[footnote]Which is incorrect in this case.[/footnote] whereas their denotes possession, as in someone having a Call of Duty or Battlefield game in their top-5 list. But, being the nice guy I am, I shall not abuse you because of your poor, misinformed, life decisions.

Anyway, my top five would probably have to be, at the moment, and in no particular order:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Minecraft
Terraria
Braid (more for the amazing story, but the gameplay is good along with stunning audio/visuals)
Cave Story

There are many other titles I've enjoyed greatly, but these five hold special places in my cold, shriveled heart.
I like how you try to sound intelligent over the internet using basic grammar correction, you are so smart :) *Pats*
Oh no good sir, please do not misunderstand. I am not attempting to come across as intelligent on the internet via grammar correction. I was attempting to demonstrate to you that we should not be dicks to people we don't know for superfluous reasons. You were trying to put others down simply for liking a game or games that you, yourself, do not like, regardless of how funny you wanted it to seem. In my view, that's retarded. In my previous post, I was pointing out that no one is perfect. The most depressing part of this whole exchange, to me, is that you still fail to implement proper use of grammar. The end of a sentence is often, in the English language, denoted with a period. I shall include a picture of one as an example.
This, sir, is a period and is typically found at the end of a statement. An example of a statement would be, "You are so smart." This statement can be found at the end of your last post, however, it is suspiciously lacking a period. I hope you are able to walk away with a little knowledge this time as, apparently, last time, you were unable to do so. Have a great day.
Oh my God, shut up. I actually don't mind CoD, I was just using it as an example of "Please, no one diss or insult anyone in this thread"
Threw that out the window didn't you?
And this is a thread, you know...on the internet. It's commonplace for people to refrain from proper punctuation, because forums are a very casual environment people don't feel the need to treat it like an English Essay
It's sad that no one had been an idiot on this thread until you showed up, hope you've achieved your life goal dumbass.

gregitaly

Mar 12, 2009
Link to the Past
Red Dead Redemption
Final Fantasy X
Batman: Arkham City
Today I Die: http://www.ludomancy.com/games/today.php?lang=en

Gustavo S. Buschle

Feb 23, 2011
I decided to instead list the games that I love, in no particular order:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

The World Ends With You

Beyond Good and Evil

Fable: the Lost Chapters

.hack//GU

Terraria

Cave Story

Metroid prime Corruption

Okami

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
My favorite game from your list is ACII. It narrowly misses being in my Top 5.
5. 007 Nightfire -so many ours of awesome splitscreen with friends on Skyrail.
4. Windwaker -by far my favorite Zelda game.
3. Oblivion -Spent so many hours on this game and it has my favorite quest of all time in it (Whodunit?)
2. Mass Effect 2 -I've played through this 6 time and am on another playthrough right now!
1. Skyrim -Already have 7 characters going. Also, unlike Oblivion, the main quest was actually epic.

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
BENZOOKA said:
Right off the top of my head:

Civilization V
Counter-Strike: Source
Battlefield 3
Rainbow Islands
Elasto Mania
Oh God!

There goes my productivity, not to mention peace of mind. Off to find this game.

OT: I dislike Top 5 lists due to my incapability to complete them (I just think it's impossible to be objective enough).

But I do find the lack of Homeworld dissapointing (though, I only red up to the quoted post).

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Out of your list, my favorite is Pokemon Emerald. Yeah yeah, gimme hate, but I like mon games, really I do...
My top five? Well...it'd be pretty hard since most of my actual favorites are in the same series(Pokemon), but probably:
1)Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver
2)Pokemon Colosseum
3)Dragon Quest IX
4)Fossil Fighters
5)Super Smash Bros

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Everyday I'm re-postin'...

1- Silent Hill 2
2- Half-Life 2
3- Portal 2
4- Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
5- VVVVVV

Beyond Good and Evil is just a hair below VVVVVV, and Banjo Tooie gets honorable mention for being my favorite game when I was a kid, and didn't know the joys of my current top five.

Sirron Kcuch

Jan 3, 2012
Shadow of the Collosus
Portal 2 (I liked it even more than Portal)
MGS3
FFX
Half Life 2 (and Episodes. And Gmod)

Those in no specific order