Poll: Usernames

Gardenclaw

Jul 12, 2009
Mine is based on the non weapon based hand to hand combat tool i picked once during a drunken discussion.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
Its my username everywhere. You'll find it on hundreds of sites.
I chose it because I like swords (I have a small collection.) and one of my primary mental pastimes is trying to figure out how time works and how one would travel through it. I have many theories.

azurawolf

Apr 27, 2009
Well, my favorite color is blue and I love wolves.
'nuff said.

I always use this username and love it. I have even adopted Azura as my other name.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
It's my pseudonym so that I may bless the world with my literary grace without being stalked in my day to day travels.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
It is a bit of an expression of my personality, which is interesting since I discovered its relevance to my character a while after I came up with it. I'm just a very calm, rational individual.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
I thought it was a username that reflected my sense of humor and was the wittiest thing I could come up with.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
It is a combination of my love for soup and certain events in my life.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
initialdelay said:
grimsprice said:
Usernames are a thousand times less helpful in identifying the user than the actual image. Which is why i don't remember the names of half the avatars i remember.
Well yes, human beings are naturally adapted to recognise faces. But avatars? I can name several people on the Escapist who've posted threads I thought were noteworthy, but I couldn't tell you what their avatars were. Plus a username could be argued to be more important as it is pretty much there to stay, while an avatar can be changed at will
Which is why i don't like people who change their avatars, it confuses me. I've basically kept mine the same, just changing the animations around...

Blackadder51

Escapecraft Operator
Jun 25, 2009
Mine is a combination of my favorite show (Blackadder) and favorite number (51)

Its not that complex and i use it for all my profiles etc....

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Well...I guess it's a combination of "self-reflecting expression" and "gaming identity." Gaming, because pretty much all of my usernames involve drow, due to growing up with Curse of the Azure Bonds as my main game, and loving me some +5 weapons and armor (not to mention my second-most common name, Drow Lord, is a powerful enemy from said game)...and the one exception is my City of Heroes character.

Self-expression simply because I use it for continuity, and because I threw in a D&D alignment there...not necessarily an accurate one (NeutralGoodDrow doesn't roll off the tongue as well), but there you go.

grimsprice said:
Which is why i don't like people who change their avatars, it confuses me. I've basically kept mine the same, just changing the animations around...
Strangely enough, I feel sort of the same way. I think this is the only forum I've been on where my avatar literally hasn't changed since I arrived. I normally go through them to suit my mood.

Not that I'm still not tempted to change, at least temporarily. Maybe I'll switch from Ciel to Assassin for Halloween...

Tsubame Gaeshi...*****.

riskroWe

May 12, 2009
It's just a name.
It means what it refers to.
My name refers to me and nothing else.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Its a label. I don't remember what it originally meant when I thought of it, it was a while ago. I may have been depressed at the time. Now I just don't care and use it because its easy to remember.

KazNecro

Jun 1, 2009
Kaz is the name of my favorite player character that I've created for D&D, who so happened to be a Necromancer. Hence, KazNecro.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
"An expression of who I am" or "A gaming identity"
One of those two, or both.

Kontar

Jan 18, 2008
I really came up with Kontar in one of my early RPG exploits. I cannot remember whether it was during Baldur's Gate so many years ago, or if it was one of my earlier characters during D&D, I just kind of stuck with it.

Edit: Later finding out it was an Egyptian name meaning "only son" (correct if I'm wrong?)

Sep 6, 2009
Mine is an expression of who I am. I love me some good rock and roll. It's hard to find a way to express the whole lotta love I feel for my music, I guess I have a metal heart because everytime I hear some music I always go back for more. Sometimes it's a raw ride, sometimes it's just like a crazy train but it's always worth it to know the one way to rock.

I wanna be somebody who goes out in a blaze of glory, but sometimes it feels like I'm just the last in line. A day in the life of a musiscian is like a stairway to heavan and a highway to hell, it's a long and lonely ride down gypsy road. But the thrill of it all makes it so worth it when I turn up the radio and drive down the road to nowhere. It's like a diary of a madman who was born to raise hell like just another pshyco. There's only one thing on my mind, and that is to ride the lightning and get angry again.

Maybe I'm the King of Rock and Roll, maybe it's just a rock and roll fantasy, either way, have a nice day.