Poll: Weed - Legal or Illegal?

Turing

Dec 25, 2008
Not even touching on the medical marijuana issue, I still say legalize it since people should be allowed to decide for themselves what they do or do not smoke, drink, etc.
From an economical viewpoint I'm pretty sure its a goldmine, taxating the shit would give a serious revenue boost + remove a high-profit market from criminal hands.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
Elcarsh said:
ENKC said:
My argument is the accepted position in the medical and scientific communities, as well as the judiciary, government and much of society at large. So yes, I do feel it's credible to place the burden of evidence on you.
Oh yes, why bother with evidence when everyone knows something to be true.

After all, black people have inferior motor skill to white people. What, prove it? It's common knowledge!
So me pointing out that governments and the medical-scientific community are opposed to illicit drug usage can be equated to racial hatred? Congratulations on lowering the tone there buddy. Who was it that taught you that debating stratagem?

Elcarsh said:
ENKC said:
The conclusions published in the study aren't 'unkown'. I think you'll find they know what they are. And if you wished to find out in greater detail, you could. "You wouldn't, though."

And damn straight, I regard an increased risk of one of the most devastating mental illnesses a person can suffer from as "tremendously harmful effects". Would you play Russian roulette with a hundred round clip?
Something they themselves admit hasn't been established to be a causal link.
By that you mean this quote:

This research can't distinguish about whether cannabis causes schizophrenia or brings it out in vulnerable people. But in many ways that's really a sort of an esoteric academic question. The information from this study makes it very clear that cannabis is playing a significant role in psychosis.
Feel free to argue the distinction between correlation and causation as much as you like, but with risks of that kind, legalisation would be grossly irresponsible.

And it turns out having a bullet in you correlates with health problems, but the kinetic energy that put it there is the causal agent. Fancy that.

Elcarsh said:
ENKC said:
Besides which you're dismissing meta-studies as useless for no other reason than you don't like it's findings. Also in the same post as you've told me you don't know the results, you've also told me they haven't proved a causal link. Care to think that one through?
The results beyond the few quotes in the article itself are indeed unknown. But one of those quotes involves a mention of the causal relationship between smoking cannabis and higher chance of developing schizophrenia not having been proven. Didn't you even read the article yourself?

Correlation does not equal causation, which I'm surprised you haven't grasped.

Besides, I'm not dismissing the study because I don't like the results, I'm dismissing it because there is no way to check which studies are included in it. Seeing as how a large number of nations have carried on this idiotic war on drugs for quite some time now, it's not surprising if an equally large number of bogus studies have been commissioned by the governments with intent to show how dangerous cannabis really is.
And with a sweep of your hand, you dismiss any number of unspecified scientific studies as 'bogus' because they don't suit your viewpoint. Do you really suppose the entire scientific community is composed of morally bankrupt liars or bumbling incompetents, or just the ones who receive their funding from 'evil' governments (i.e. taxpayers) rather than private corporations or interest groups?

Elcarsh said:
ENKC said:
And you should also consider that I provided it as an example. What do you want, links to every study ever conducted on marijuana usage?
Links to one that proves a causal relationship between adverse mental health effects and smoking cannabis would be helpful, not one that points to a relationship between smoking cannabis and the development of a mental illness that the subjects would have developed anyway.
Given that you've just mocked the 1% increase (i.e. doubling) of the risk of developing schizoprenia (among older people), it should be clear to you that the article talks about the risk of developing the disease at all and that earlier onset among those already likely to develop it was just one aspect of the findings. Besides which, three years of schizophrenia is far from a minor matter, to the individual or the society that has to deal with them.

Actually, I'll just go ahead and quote the article directly for you:

MATTHEW LARGE: What our research has found is that in addition to early cannabis smoking bringing on schizophrenia it brings schizophrenia on early by an average of 2.7 years early - earlier than you would have otherwise developed it had you not been a cannabis smoker.

MATTHEW LARGE: The risks for older people is about a doubling of the risk, so instead of having a one per cent chance of developing schizophrenia you are probably likely to have about a two per cent chance of developing schizophrenia.

But for young people who smoke cannabis regularly, instead of having around a one per cent chance of developing schizophrenia during their life they will end up with something like a five per cent chance of developing schizophrenia.
Clearly they're not just talking about earlier onset.

Elcarsh said:
ENKC said:
See above point. It was an example, and not a study about gateway drugs. There are no shortage of figures on gateway drugs. So unless you're telling me everyone who does 'hard' illicit drugs skips there without using cannabis as a more accessible starting point, then to suggest that I 'pulled it of my arse' is absurd.
You really don't like proving things, do you? You do seem awfully eager to say "It's common knowledge!" then knock off for lunch.
Well, I'm back from lunch now and I don't see any citation of scientific studies in your responses to my posts.

Cat of Doom

Jan 6, 2011
Elcarsh said:
Cat of Doom said:
I honestly cannot believe the majority of what I thought was a intelligent online community believe weed should be legalised.

I thought only a few extremely naive or stupid community members would vote "legal".

I voted illegal by the way. Weed, and its users sicken me, I don?t know if you are simply naive and don?t have a true understanding of the world, but it is a truly evil thing and I have always campaigned for harsher punishment for its users and dealers.

Don't believe me, ask any doctor at the william havey hospital how many times they have had to explain to a distraught mother that their son/daughter would still be alive were it not for the drug.
Here, ladies and gentlemen, we have a prime specimen of the species Zealotus Hypocrites Vulgaris, also known as the common hypocritical zealot. They are characterized by a complete and utter lack of self-criticism, and seldom interact in any way with other species, due to their tendency to induce vomiting whenever they speak.
You my uneducated friend may wish to research what a hypocrite is. Go to your local book store and inquire about a dictionary, once you have come down from your high. You may also wish to look up zealot.

I always follow my convictions, I am not hypocritical, I am a realist and a medical student who has seen and studied the effects of weed. The fact is the only way we can eliminate drugs and drug related deaths from society is by harsher penalties. It may seem sad at first, but in the long run, it is to the benefit of everyone.

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
SinisterGehe said:
There must also be age restrictions on weed. basically it should be brought down to same level as alcohol, taxed, regulated and illegal to grow/make yourself.
l00kmumn0hands said:
It would also be safer to have it legal as people could know the exact strength of what they're smoking, much like you know the alcohol content in drinks ...
The law here is that you can make your own alcoholic beer and wine but not perform distillation, so the 3.5% to 8.0% abv beers and ciders and 8% to 15% abv wines are legitimate home-brew but you can't go making your own 40% abv gin, vodka, rum, whisky and so on. I'm not sure what the rules about scale and ratio of personal use to sales are, but a similar principle could apply: let people grow their own on a limited scale but not sell it or purify it. Sure, people would get around it under the counter but, again, that's going to happen anyway.

In (nearly) pure form: £28 admin fee plus £39 per 10mg [http://www.tocris.com/dispprod.php?ItemId=5265] sounds ... bloody expensive, actually.

Fun facts, in less-fun all-caps:
THC Material Safety Data Sheet [http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/thc_data_sheet.shtml]

INHALATION:
TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL:
NARCOTIC.
ACUTE EXPOSURE- SINCE TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL IS AN ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN
MARIJUANA, THE TOXIC EFFECTS WILL BE SIMILAR TO THOSE OF MARIJUANA.
INHALATION OF MARIJUANA SMOKE MAY IRRITATE MUCOUS MEMBRANES CAUSING
DRYNESS, HOARSENESS AND BRONCHODILATION. RHINITIS, PHARYNGITIS AND ASTHMA
MAY ALSO OCCUR ACUTELY, BUT ARE MORE COMMON AFTER CHRONIC EXPOSURE.
SYSTEMIC EFFECTS MAY OCCUR AS DETAILED IN ACUTE INGESTION.
CHRONIC EXPOSURE- SNIFFING MARIJUANA MAY CAUSE AN ULCERATED OR PERFORATED
NASAL SEPTUM. REPEATED SMOKING MAY RESULT IN COUGH, LARYNGITIS,
BRONCHITIS, OTHER RESPIRATORY EFFECTS AS IN ACUTE INHALATION AND
PULMONARY FUNCTION IMPAIRMENT. LONG-TERM USE BY HUMANS AND EXPERIMENTAL
ANIMALS HAS LEAD TO SQUAMOUS METAPLASIA OF THE TRACHEAL MUCOSA. SYSTEMIC
EFFECTS MAY OCCUR AS DETAILED IN CHRONIC INGESTION. REGULAR CHRONIC USE
MAY RESULT IN REPRODUCTIVE EFFECTS IN MALES INCLUDING DECREASED TESTICULAR
SIZE, TESTOSTERONE LEVELS, SPERM COUNT AND MOTILITY AND ABNORMALITIES
IN SPERM. GYNECOMASTIA MAY DEVELOP WITH HEAVY USE. FEMALES MAY EXPERIENCE
A HIGH FREQUENCY OF ABNORMAL PERIODS, LESS OVULATION AND DECREASED
PROLACTIN LEVELS. REPRODUCTIVE EFFECTS HAVE ALSO BEEN REPORTED IN
ANIMALS.
INGESTION:
TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL:
NARCOTIC.
ACUTE EXPOSURE- SINCE TETRAHYCROCANNABINOL IS AN ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN
MARIJUANA, THE TOXIC EFFECTS WILL BE SIMILAR TO THOSE OF MARIJUANA.
INGESTION OF LOW TO MODERATE AMOUNTS OF MARIJUANA MAY CAUSE RELAXATION,
EUPHORIA, AN ALTERED TIME AND SPACE PERCEPTION, VIVID OLFACTORY, AUDITORY
AND VISUAL SENSES, DISORIENTATION, AND SLEEP, VISUAL AND BODY IMAGE
DISTURBANCES. INFORMATION LEARNED WHILE INTOXICATED MAY BE POORLY
RECALLED. DIFFICULTY WITH COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS SUCH AS SPEECH AND
ORGANIZATION OF THOUGHTS MAY BE ASSOCIATED WITH IMPAIRED SHORT TERM
MEMORY. PSYCHOMOTOR PERFORMANCES MAY ALSO BE IMPAIRED. OTHER EFFECTS MAY
INCLUDE DRY MOUTH AND THROAT, HEADACHE, NAUSEA, VOMITING, WEAKNESS,
RESTLESSNESS, TINNITUS, APPETITE STIMULATION POSSIBLY DUE TO
HYPOGLYCEMIA, TREMOR, DELIRIUM, JOCULARITY, STUPOR, ATAXIA, DEPRESSION,
AGGRESSIVENESS AND PARESTHESIAS. RESIDUAL SEDATION MAY PERSIST THE
FOLLOWING DAY. POSSIBLE CARDIOVASCULAR EFFECTS INCLUDE HYPERTENSION OR
HYPOTENSION, SINUS TACHYCARDIA AND PREMATURE VENTRICULAR CONTRACTIONS.
LARGE DOSES MAY LEAD TO DEPERSONALIZATION, LOSS OF INSIGHT, ANXIETY,
PARANOIA, ACUTE PSYCHOSIS AND OBSESSIONAL THOUGHT CHARACTERIZED BY
DELUSIONS, HALLUCINATIONS, ILLUSIONS AND BIZARRE BEHAVIOR. DEATH IS RARE
BUT MAY RESULT FROM RESPIRATORY ARREST OR CARDIOVASCULAR COLLAPSE. EFFECTS
ON SPERMATOGENESIS IN MICE HAVE BEEN REPORTED FROM ADMINISTRATION OF A
SINGLE DOSE.
CHRONIC EXPOSURE- REPEATED INGESTION MAY RESULT IN A LOWERING OF THE
SENSORY THRESHOLD, APATHY, DULLNESS, ANXIETY, PANIC, AGGRESSIVENESS,
DISORIENTATION, CONFUSION, CLOUDING OF MENTAL PROCESSES WITH IMPAIRED
JUDGEMENT AND MEMORY, LOSS OF PERSPECTIVE, REDUCED MOTIVATION AND
ACUTE INSECURITY. WEIGHT GAIN MAY OCCUR DUE TO APPETITE STIMULATION.
FLASHBACKS HAVE BEEN REPORTED. REDUCED T-LYMPHOCYTES AND IMPAIRED
CELL-MEDIATED IMMUNITY MAY OCCUR. TOLERANCE AND PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PHYSICAL
DEPENDENCE MAY DEVELOP WITH HEAVY PROLONGED USE. SYMPTOMS OF WITHDRAWAL
MAY OCCUR. MAY BE EXCRETED IN BREAST MILK. REPRODUCTIVE EFFECTS HAVE BEEN
REPORTED IN ANIMALS.
Fun? FUN! [http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/120858-overview]
Gynecomastia is a benign enlargement of the male breast resulting from a proliferation of the glandular component of the breast. Gynecomastia is defined clinically by the presence of a rubbery or firm mass extending concentrically from the nipples. The condition known as pseudogynecomastia, or lipomastia, is characterized by fat deposition without glandular proliferation. Although gynecomastia is usually bilateral, it can be unilateral.
If you're smokin', she can legitimately tell you to "Get yer own tits, an' play with THEM."

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
squeeble69 said:
No-one has ever overdosed on weed. Ever. But people die from alcohol poisoning all the time. That's all to do with the substance, not the amount of people taking it.
No-one, ever? Prove it!

No-one's ever been killed and eaten by wolves, either ... as far as we know.

If you're dealing with a substance that cures cancer at 15ppm in water and kills people at 17ppm or cures cancer at 370mg/kg and kills them at 450mg/kg, you can use it but you'd better get your dilutions and weighings spot on. If you're dealing with alcohol, LD50 (oral, rat) 2080 mg/kg, therapeutic dose in stress reduction in humans about 0.1g/kg, you've got a bit more margin for error. If you're dealing with THC, LD50 (oral, rat) about 1200 mg/kg iIrc but LD50 (bigger animals) higher than that and pharmacological dose (smoked, human) for relieving symptoms of MS for a day about 1mg/kg, you've got a different margin. If the LD50 (smoked, human) is actually 10g/kg, you may have half the margin there, but it's still a huge margin.

I suspect the response, based on the body's response and social programming to several therapeutic doses of alcohol in a short time and the corresponding response to several therapeutic doses of THC in a short time are rather different.

Without my Thousand Island experiment, we don't have reliable data for long-term effects of THC consumption in various stages of life. Run that and come up with a peer-reviewed thesis showing P 0.95 evidence of harmful effects.

Not to you personally, but to anyone saying it's totally harmless: eat a pound of the stuff in one go, on webcam. Make sure it's recording as well as going out live. Give me your address first and I'll send you a pizza.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Shoqiyqa said:
What that has to do with anything I said?
I don't care of it beneficial or harmful effect, I don't want anything that clouds the minds of people available with out some sort of regulations or control. I also don't want people who are on ANYTHING to handle anything regarding me, not doctors, policeman, bankers, dry-cleaners. This is my opinion. But the fact is, I can not sober this world, neither it is my task to do it.

My parents asked me if I would like to try marijuana as a pain treatment for my right hand's and shoulders neurological condition. I said no. I will not take anything that is illegal, specially when it is against my moral views. Even tho I need to eat strong pain medication to handle the pain, I will not take marijuana.

Also, what if we allow Cannabaceae plants to be grown and used but only the onces that doesn't have less than 2% THC in them. OR does that kill the purpose, does only the happy weed that will get you high count? You fighting for your right to use 'Cannabaceae' plants or just 'Cannabis sativa L'?

Why can't you accept the fact that life hurts and there is nothing you can do about it. No amount of Alcohol or Weed is going to cure societies or the world, it will just bring up more problems.

Alright tell me.

If cannabis would be legal. How would the use of it be regulated? I don't mean growing or selling or any of such. I mean the using of it, who are allowed to use, when they are allowed to use? Are employees allowed to fire people id they are high during work hours? Are people allowed to work under the influence? Do insurance companies have to accept the use of weed in their policies?

And also, what about the studies that have concluded that long term usage of THC leads to paranoia and to other metal issues. (The studies groups were student who been using for over 8 years at least 5 dosages (don't remember how much a dose of THC was) times a week).

In short. THC has good effects, but it is not perfect, it has side-effects both long and short term. All substances do! From sugar to alcohol to aspirin.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Elcarsh said:
SinisterGehe said:
My parents asked me if I would like to try marijuana as a pain treatment for my right hand's and shoulders neurological condition. I said no. I will not take anything that is illegal, specially when it is against my moral views. Even tho I need to eat strong pain medication to handle the pain, I will not take marijuana.
So, it's perfectly fine for you to shoot yourself full of opium, IE morphine and other opioid substances, but you'll never consent to smoking weed?

That's not very consistent, is it?

Morphine is essentially a slightly weaker form of heroine, yet you think cannabis is bad?!

SinisterGehe said:
And also, what about the studies that have concluded that long term usage of THC leads to paranoia and to other metal issues. (The studies groups were student who been using for over 8 years at least 5 dosages (don't remember how much a dose of THC was) times a week).
Hmmm, what studies would that be? I can't remember ever reading one that confirms that.
Who said I use morphine? I sure didn't. I use 125mg tramadol 2-3 times a day and 20mg of noritren. I am allowed to drive car legally, just barely with 4 tabs of tramadol I wouldn't be allowed.

So get to know me before you do some stupid accusations about my pain condition you fuck head. If weed turns people to fucking idiots who call someone hypocrite because he is in pain and you only want to get high. DO you really think I chose to give up percussion, drawing, writing, swimming, playing console games, biking and generally using my right hand with fun and ease so I could take some pills? DO you think I am so pathetic that I just want to get high? I take less pain meds than my doctor tells me to, I do not want to take these, they make me sick, tired and stone cold. I have been losing my connection to other people around me because I am in constant pain and feeling bad because of the medication. You think I want to live like this, do you? Tell me, am I a hypocrite still?

I hate it when I can't think clear when I need to take enough medication so I can function, go to school stay awake because of the pain. I hate it when I get pain-attack and I am unable to get up from the bed for 2 days, Unable to sleep, eat, I can barely drink water and listen music, my neighbours have heard when I cry and scream because of the pain.

I had to break the promise I made to myself of never taking mind altering substances. I promised that I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke, I don't take prescription drugs, I do not sniff anything to get high and least of all I will never get in to illegal substances.
After I had to break that promise, I got in to deep depression that haven't gotten better yet. My depression ager and sorrow grows just larger with the same along with the neurological condition in my hand.
I have had to go and get botox injected to my neck so I could get my neck straight, so I wouldn't have headaches and problems with balance. I had to get botox injected in to my arm so it would stop twitching and cramping.

You think my life is fun? You think I enjoy every morning I wake up. You think I am having fun taking these pills that barely do their trick. You think I enjoy having all my hopes about future crushed, my hopes of becoming artist, musician or goldsmith were crushed and burned to ashed when my doctors told me that "You should start planning alternative plans for what you will do after you graduate". You think it is fun for me to give up fast-phased actions games on computer/console because my hand is unable to to keep up with them like it used to, I been playing since I was 3 years old!. You think I am having fun?

I try to preserve some of the values and ideals I used to have in the past, this being one of them.
I will not let anyone take any substances in order to just get high. I never did it, why should you.
" MY body, my decision "
-I have had to care for some many ex-friends of mine when they drank too much or got in to trouble because of weed. I have dragged 3 of them from the pits of shit. One of my friends had average of 4.5 in school (4 being lowest 10 being highest), because he was high every second day, because he wanted to decide for hes own body, but never took a moment to think what he was doing to hes friends/family and community. If you think it is irrational of me to want to keep marijuana illegal still please tell me what the fuck would be a rational reason then?

Choose you answer fucking carefully.

2. It was published in Finnish science magazine and there was BBC documentary about it.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Elcarsh said:
http://tv1.yle.fi/juttuarkisto/tiede-ja-oppiminen/prisma-totuus-kannabiksesta

That all I could find of it. Sorry it is not in english since the damn source of study was in Finnish, if you are waiting me to translate the thing to you, forget it. The documents english title is "Cannabis - The Evil Weed" BBC's Horizon documentary series. GO look it up, I posted you my source.

So you are saying because I'm in pain treatment on a protocol medication. I am not allowed to voice my opinion about keeping weed illegal? So I am not allowed to have opinions now because I am under treatment?
The protocol consists of one pain med. Before I got tramadol I used 1600mg of Ibuprofein based Burana, then doctors decided it was too bad for my liver and kidneys.
And noritren is antidepressant, but it has some curious side-effects, one of them is increased tolerance to pain, also it is used to treat the depression I have because of my condition.

And if someone takes weed before final exam to "relax" and then proceeds to fail it after which he regrets of it is not - so that is ignorant hate mongering, hell I can give you hes name number and address if you want to confirm the subject, note you need to speak Finish to him because that is the only language he speaks.

Why I don't smoke weed for treatment... Because it is illegal and I want it to stay illegal. Long as there is no longterm studies of its safety and it is grown in sterile envieronment and has quality control and standardized protocols of dosage and treatment plan. Also I want it to be used only for treatment of pain patients, out from public usage. Prescription by doctor that is specialized in the pain treatment or neurological pain conditions and supplied by Government office in public hospital. Also if patient gets caught of supplying it to someone, he/she will be removed from the program and denied entry again.
-Would you be ok with this?

I had to give up something so I could keep functioning and living. Before I had medication I though about killing myself when I had my second pain attack.

I want to stop using the medication, but every time I do the monthly detox (I do it because I want to prove to myself that I can stop when ever I want) the pain becomes so Immense, I just simply can't function.
And there is no way you can understand how I feel. You can not understand the nightmare I am going trough everyday. You won't have any perspective about my views on this subject until you have gone trough what I have - and I can ensure you, you don't want to go trough this. I don't want anyone to go trough this.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
Marter said:
Redlin5 said:
I'm completely neutral about the issue seeing as I will never smoke anything.
What about eating it? Cause, I think you can do that...

OT: Also don't care, as I don't see myself consuming any.
you can eat it but it doesnt work very well at all, as for the main topic: every drug should be legal if not illegalize tobacco and alcohol, this would be very dumb and if you dont believe that look at prohibition and tell me that the prohibtion for weed and all other drugs for that matter has been any more effective

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
Elcarsh said:
SinisterGehe said:
That all I could find of it. Sorry it is not in english since the damn source of study was in Finnish, if you are waiting me to translate the thing to you, forget it. The documents english title is "Cannabis - The Evil Weed" BBC's Horizon documentary series. GO look it up, I posted you my source.
I'll look it up, though I don't hold very high hopes, considering the title.

SinisterGehe said:
So you are saying because I'm in pain treatment on a protocol medication. I am not allowed to voice my opinion about keeping weed illegal? So I am not allowed to have opinions now because I am under treatment?
The protocol consists of one pain med. Before I got tramadol I used 1600mg of Ibuprofein based Burana, then doctors decided it was too bad for my liver and kidneys.
And noritren is antidepressant, but it has some curious side-effects, one of them is increased tolerance to pain, also it is used to treat the depression I have because of my condition.
See, now you're rationalizing. You are okay with using one mind-altering drug, but not another, because that one isn't illegal. In no way do you explain why it is reasonable that cannabis stays illegal while the much more powerful and more toxic substances that you take are to remain legal.

SinisterGehe said:
And if someone takes weed before final exam to "relax" and then proceeds to fail it after which he regrets of it is not - so that is ignorant hate mongering, hell I can give you hes name number and address if you want to confirm the subject, note you need to speak Finish to him because that is the only language he speaks.
I would respond to that sentence, but I can't make heads or tails of it, it just doesn't make any sense.

SinisterGehe said:
Why I don't smoke weed for treatment... Because it is illegal and I want it to stay illegal.Long as there is no longterm studies of its safety and it is grown in sterile envieronment and has quality control and standardized protocols of dosage and treatment plan. Also I want it to be used only for treatment of pain patients, out from public usage. Prescription by doctor that is specialized in the pain treatment or neurological pain conditions and supplied by Government office in public hospital. Also if patient gets caught of supplying it to someone, he/she will be removed from the program and denied entry again.
-Would you be ok with this?
Nope, I wouldn't, because cannabis isn't even close to the effects of the shit you're popping every single day.

SinisterGehe said:
I had to give up something so I could keep functioning and living. Before I had medication I though about killing myself when I had my second pain attack.
...and still you couldn't even consider a joint for the pain?

SinisterGehe said:
I want to stop using the medication, but every time I do the monthly detox (I do it because I want to prove to myself that I can stop when ever I want) the pain becomes so Immense, I just simply can't function.
So, you're a drug addict, does that make you MORE qualified to decide what other people can smoke?

Actually, that isn't even a problem with cannabis, because it doesn't cause withdrawal.

SinisterGehe said:
And there is no way you can understand how I feel. You can not understand the nightmare I am going trough everyday. You won't have any perspective about my views on this subject until you have gone trough what I have - and I can ensure you, you don't want to go trough this. I don't want anyone to go trough this.
I don't really see how that applies to the topic in any way. Will people feel like you do if they try cannabis?
you sir are me hero, and to the quoted: dont let yourself go to far on that tramadol, that is the only drug ive ever had an addiction to, and ive tried most things at least once if not more

edit: and happy 420 be the way

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Give it similar regulations to alcohol, tax it and stop wasting police and jail time and money against it. There, we get revenue and we stop wasting funds.

shroomie

Mar 31, 2009
Im pretty liberal and would argue that for society to progress to a utopia like stage then damn near everything should be legalised (substance wise anyway, stuff like rape and paedophilia should still be illegal but Im cool with justified murder). Its the same argument with alcohol and tobacco, if you want to kill yourself slowly then by all means do it but dont force it on others.

dstoner

Apr 15, 2011
Wow, i can't believe the stupidity on here. i started reading this because legalization has been a hot topic lately here in Canada... and i just had to make an account to comment on this.

u ppl that play video games, then say weed is addictive, and use it as a point as to why it should remain illegal are ignorant fools. period.

anyone saying u shouldnt be allowed to smoke and drive are fools as well. ppl do it all the time as it is now, the same ppl that would if it was legal. u never hear of accidents caused by "marijuana intoxication" LOL. it doesnt happen, its not the same buzz as alcohol. completely off topic and irrelevant. being REALLY burnt out, would be like driving REALLY tired. not exactly illegal, just a pretty stupid move in general.
- this somewhat goes with smoking at work aswell. if yur a line worker or doing something just as mind-numbing. it wouldnt matter... it really depends on the job. it would need proper guidelines. although, even if it didnt, no one cares if a line worker is stoned...

LET ME CLEAR THIS UP TOO!!!!! it is NOT a gateway drug, and infact the only reason ppl seem to think it is, is because its illegal... if your willing to drink, your probably willing to smoke a joint, if your willing to smoke a joint, your probably willing to try shrooms, and shrooms to coke. AND COKE may lead to thinking chemicals long term effects are minor (chemicals really arent good for u tho, much worse then weed and shrooms, to a lesser extent coke. i kno from personal experience they can have lasting effects, especially when done at a young age ((before frontal lobe is developed)) and when used in larger then needed amounts... i dont give a fuck what anyone says, this is true. i kno from personal experience, which is why i dont touch chemicals.)... but if weed and shrooms, JUST WEED AND SHROOMS, became legal, there would be no gateway drugs. there would be real drugs, and shit u can buy over the counter. which would actually lower drug users. i kno for myself at least, i only tried chemicals and coke because all the other drugs i tried, had very manageable effects. (shrooms and salvia where after chemicals, shrooms give me bad trips now, so theyre gone. and salvia only lasts a little while. so whether u can handle it or not, it doesnt matter, it doesnt last long.)

now im gonna finish this rant, sorry by the way, directed towards that idiot on synthetic heroin who is saying weed should be illegal. uve never tried weed, u have no idea what its effects are, so shut your fucking mouth u stupid ignorant fuck. i dont give a fuck how much pain your in, thats off topic and irrelevant. i had surgery on my fucking balls at 16, quit your fucking bitching and suck it up. u seem to type just fine... your taking drugs that are MUCH STRONGER, MUCH MORE ADDICTIVE, MUCH WORSE FOR YOUR OVERALL HEALTH, AND THAT HAS WORSE SIDE EFFECTS... if u would get your head out of your ass and stop popping government approved pills like the fuckin junky they want u to be, and would try smoking a joint. u would realize your wrong. (seriously, smoke a joint, with a lower dosage of medication, and you will get improved results, with less side affects and dependencies. plus will cure any sick feeling u get in your stomach) and until that happens, nothing u say means anything. grow up and at very least, know what your talking about before u start judging ppl, goof... also i believe god exists, and put u in the position u are for a reason. lol and i think its actually a, hmm how ironic, PERFECT position your in conisidering u were all straight edge and judgemental, now your heroin addict. do u hate gays and other races, religions and cultures because u kno nothing about them aswell?(apart from self hating jews)... ppl like u r the real bad guys. fortunately i believe there is a god who allows a satan to punish us, where our laws fail to. (bet u wish u could have done weekends)... also your parents most likely advised u to smoke weed, because they do. SHOCKER!! also santas not real, sorry.

anyway, obviously it should be legal... i havent even gone on about how useful it is for other things then smoking it. we are staring to use it in stuff here in canada. like soaps and shampoos, cleaning products n lil shit like that... its a perfect material for SO, SO, SOOOO MANY THIGNS...

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I'm for having it be illegal. Having it be legal legitimize it and makes it socially "okay" and I don't think it's socially "okay". (No, you cannot argue with me on this, it is my opinion and opinions aren't wrong or right).

dstoner

Apr 15, 2011
u clearly have never tried smoking it. so your opinion doesnt amount to much... but hey, thats just my opinion...