Poll: What are you smoking?

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
manythings said:
A lot of the research says that the most carcinagenic things about cigarettes are the shit added by the tabacco companies. In countries where there is a tradition of growing your own lung cancer rates are far lower.
Another interesting fact:

Despite the fact that anti-smoking campaigns have been hugely successful across the western world, the observed instances of lung cancer has actually INCREASED over the years.

Get it? People smoke less overall and non-smokers are much more numerous, yet MORE PEOPLE are diagnosed with lung cancer than they were back when practically everybody smoked.

I wonder if militant non-smokers are capable of appreciate the irony of that predicament. XD

On topic: I enjoy a good cigar now and then. I never buy cigarettes, but I accept one if im offered at parties or nightclubs. I've also tried smoking from a hookah/waterpipe and found it enjoyable.

stone0042

Apr 10, 2009
I don't smoke. I'm not the type to crucify those that do, though if someone close to me started I'd probably do my best to kill the habit. In general though, as long as you don't do it right next to me, it's not my business.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
TheTaco007 said:
Where's my "I don't want lung cancer" option?
Well if we're to trust the statistics, chances are you'll get lung cancer anyway, even if you isolate yourself from tobacco smoke. Funny ain't it? :p

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
tigermilk said:
can one admit to smoking cannabis on The Escapist?
Why not? It's not like an "admission" on an internet messageboard would hold up in court or anything. If the cops come running and claim to have you as a suspect of smoking cannabis from abusing their rights to monitor your internet traffic, you can just say that you lied to seem cool or something. :)

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
Housebroken Lunatic said:
tigermilk said:
can one admit to smoking cannabis on The Escapist?
Why not? It's not like an "admission" on an internet messageboard would hold up in court or anything. If the cops come running and claim to have you as a suspect of smoking cannabis from abusing their rights to monitor your internet traffic, you can just say that you lied to seem cool or something. :)
I was more thinking if there is a rule against it on The Escapist, like there are rules on claiming to pirate media or use an ad blocker (not that I condone either practise).

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
wow, only 2% voted black&milds. they're classic, smell delicious, long lasting, great tasting, and you don't have to worry bout yellow stains on your fingers or accidentally smoking part of the filter. but my second choice would have to be hand-rolled cigs/joints! haha snuck in a bit of wise-ass at the end there... heheheheeheeheeheeee

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
Housebroken Lunatic said:
manythings said:
A lot of the research says that the most carcinagenic things about cigarettes are the shit added by the tabacco companies. In countries where there is a tradition of growing your own lung cancer rates are far lower.
Another interesting fact:

Despite the fact that anti-smoking campaigns have been hugely successful across the western world, the observed instances of lung cancer has actually INCREASED over the years.

Get it? People smoke less overall and non-smokers are much more numerous, yet MORE PEOPLE are diagnosed with lung cancer than they were back when practically everybody smoked.

I wonder if militant non-smokers are capable of appreciate the irony of that predicament. XD
I think non-smokers are to busy nurturing the illusion of immortality. As Bill Hicks said "100% of non-smokers die".

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
tigermilk said:
I think non-smokers are to busy nurturing the illusion of immortality. As Bill Hicks said "100% of non-smokers die".
And the doctors go: "Shit, if only you've smoked we might have been able to help ya. It's you people dying from NOTHING that are screwed!" :p

Yes, im with the avid Bill Hicks fans myself ;)

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I have smoked hookah. I liked the flavored tobacco, but I never made it a habit. I did it a few times with friends and that was it.

Dash85

Mar 21, 2010
s0m3th1ng said:
Dash85 said:
Wait, people actually use a hookah for TOBACCO!?!?!?
Uh...it's a pretty common practice, it's fucking delicious, and my choice for smoking tobacco.
We have a bunch of hookah bars here in Portland, OR. Beer, hookah, and buddies. Ho boy.
I know. It was a joke...well sort of. While I've never actually seen someone use it for that purpose, usually it's weed, I can understand it would be good from some of the tobacco I've smoked here. Not a big fan though, because good tobacco is expensive here, plus I just don't like smoking too often.

Mar 30, 2010
I go for roll-ups. Drum (blue) for preference, Samson if I can't get Drum. Every once in a while I'll grab a deck of Marlboro, but not very often.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
kane.malakos said:
I don't smoke. If I did I would probably go with a pipe. Clearly the classiest way to smoke.
Oh, yes definitely.

Pipe=Class
Cigar=Military Badass
Cigarette=Civilian Badass.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
It's probably because I've grown up around it, but I actually like the smell of cigarettes. If it weren't for the cancer and stained teeth, I wouldn't mind smoking. As it stands, it's a very expensive time sink that I can't afford.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Red Right Hand said:
johnman said:
Hand rolled, hugely prefer then to regular cig's
What tobacco do you use? I only ask because an English guy at my uni in Scotland called Amber Leaf "tramp tobacco" and considered Golden Virginia the best. I was disgusted.

Golden Virginia up here isn't held in high regard.
I find Golden Virgina to be the most tolerable. Gold leaf if I am low on cash. Never really tried amber leaf much, only if a friend lent me some so I have no real opinion on it.
My friend recently went to Germany too see Family and he bought a few packets of of stuff back that had very few "Extras" and was most tobbacco. Smoothist smoke I've ever had.