Poll: What do you call it? Soda, cola, pop, etc...

bulbasaur765

May 1, 2010
Coke when referring to cola-type soda. Soda for everything else.

Either North Carolina or Kansas in the United States since I'm going back and forth.

airwolfe591

Dec 11, 2009
ever since I moved out of new england where its soda, I've heard Pop everywheere, from Arizona, to Canada

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
ShockValue said:
Neonbob said:
Soda. Always soda. "pop" just makes me think of the 50s too much XD
I'm in North Carolina.
You're always wrong Matty!

Being Canadian I always call it pop.
You're even wronger, shocky!
Sooooooooooodaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :p

PuddingMonster

Feb 2, 2011
Toriver said:
Everyone in the Upper Midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin, the Dakotas) that I know calls it pop, including me. Where I live now, they just tend to refer to brand or call it a "soft drink".
I live in Wisconsin and I've only ever met 2 people that call it pop and not soda.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Soda. I live in Arizona. I have family back east who call it "pop" and I think it just sounds silly.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Im almost certain Me and everyone else in Australia call it "Soft Drink"

And seriously before people start saying "I only say brand name derp" seriously, when you ask your friends what kind of Soft Drink they want in the shops you say, "do you want (goes on to list every drink possible)" or do you make a generalisation?

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
Neonbob said:
ShockValue said:
Neonbob said:
Soda. Always soda. "pop" just makes me think of the 50s too much XD
I'm in North Carolina.
You're always wrong Matty!

Being Canadian I always call it pop.
You're even wronger, shocky!
Sooooooooooodaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :p
Don't make me say that horrible joke again ;)

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Australia we call it soft drink, then usually coke, lemon squash (yellow) and lemonade (clear) as individual catergories.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
From Maryland to Georgia, I say Soda and people know what I'm talking about. I do ask for Coke too but only when I am asking for Coke directly. If I want Dr. Pepper, I ask for that.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
In Canada we do indeed call it pop, almost never hear anyone say soda except maybe on tv. Just sounds waaay too southern.

That refers of course to the generic term for sugary, carbonated beverages. For brand specific you would of course call it by name.