Poll: What do you have "Oblivion" for?

Meanmoose

Jan 20, 2009
xbox 360. Got all the achievments^^ There's not a quest i haven't done at least twice XD

Pills_Here

Dec 10, 2009
Call me crazy but I spent more time just blindly dungeon crawling than anything else in that game. Never modded it, never power-leveled my character, never even beat the main story missions. I did, however, thoroughly explore every ruin, mine, cave, grove and fort that I could reach on a stolen horse. Man, Oblivion was awesome....

brb, re-installing

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
i HAD it for pc

put in a good 400-500 hourse

then it finaly lost its charm

and so i got rid of it

hoping to get black ops today...asked my mom few months ago to pre-order it and she did

reminded her that it was coming up...said had to wait till friday said ok

was suppost to get it 6-7 hours ago

STILL hasent happened

i doubt its going to

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I have it for PC right now. I used to have it for 360 but i moved onto the modding fun of it.

See, basically, i play Oblivion because i have the "Wonder Lust". The thing all great explorers in the past had. The want to find the next great treasure.

As my friend puts it, in not satisfied until ive "Stuck my d*ck into every hole the land has to offer". And sadly its kinda true. Ive been in every cave, collected every unique item, have 3 of every set of armor and weapon, own every house, killed a dozen of every creature, and modded the game until it doesnt resemble what it started as. ((that way i have more content to explore))

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
Berserker119 said:
I've only played it for the 360, but I played the shit out of it.
^this guy right here had the right idea...no mods just play the ever living shit out of the game get EVERY ACHEESEMENT!!!! and all the dlc...only game ive gotten all the cheesements for too

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
PC (obviously). With mostly graphics mods (Oblivion Mod Manager, Qarl's texture upgrades, DarNified UI, Illuminaton Within, et al). I have a vaguely studly rig, so Oblivion doesn't faze it.

I played through Knights of the Nine, but Shivering Isles looks like one of Tim Burton's more disturbing dreams, and I haven't been very interested in finishing it.

Just recently heard about a large mod called Nehrim [http://www.nehrim.de/startEV.html], which looks interesting. Problem: I'll have to brush up on my high-school German in order to play it.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
I played it religiously on my PS3 for a number of months. Then I got bored and took a break, only to find that I couldn't even remember what I was doing when I came back, and I'd grown tired of playing a sneaky little thief, so I restarted. As a mage, everything was going great, until I got kicked out of the mage's guild for something stupid (I "stole" some worthless fork or something -- bullshit), I couldn't be bothered to go through the tedious fucking fetch quest involved in being reinstated, and eventually I found myself unable to progress because I had such under-powered spells. So I tried again as a more knightly fellow, and my playstation died, wiping my saves. I tried again as an orc, but by this time I'd seen the lower tier missions so many times that it started to get boring, and I was starting to see through the illusion too well besides. This isn't even counting all the little experimental saves I made, and playing with my friend just to see what we could do. Ultimately, I probably only saw half of the game's content, and I never did finish the shivering iles. Kind of regrettable all things considered, but I just don't want to start again...

...Oh, yeah, but I liked playing it because I felt like I was making my own story, and because for a while I was still entertaining the idea of being able to make totally awesome spells that I found out later weren't possible. Playing with poisons was way more fun.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
PC... ultimate edition or whatever that came with the game and all the DLC. Played it for maybe 10 minutes...

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
I had it on PC, but it won't work on my laptop and I don't have my desktop anymore, so I got the PS3 version. Since I didn't use any mods, the only change for me is that I can no longer be tempted to cheat every time I get to a locked door, which is mostly a good thing.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
PS3...[small]Must resist urge to replay...trying to play...New:Vegas...[/small] GAH!

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
kouriichi said:
See, basically, i play Oblivion because i have the "Wonder Lust". The thing all great explorers in the past had. The want to find the next great treasure.
It's Wanderlust, wonder lust sounds like some sleazy "cream" you buy in a sex shop :p

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
I hate Oblivion's leveling system, so I have it for PC. I originally bought it for 360 when it released, but after trading that in I much prefer the PC version due to the mods, and I almost NEVER mod games.