Poll: What do you have "Oblivion" for?

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Well PC. Because it's a good time killer... although I really need to get back to playing New Vegas...

Mahha

May 20, 2009
PC

I dunno, seemed like a good idea at the time, but now the box is just making my shelfs look untidy. Oh and I have it installed on my hard drive with a buttload of mods (I think the bloody thing takes up 10 Gb of space). A handy little time waste, I guess... although I haven't played it in ages and this makes me wonder why I even have it installed.

super_mumbles

Sep 24, 2008
Had it on the 360 and played it constantly, so much in fact that when I eventually completed it I turned it off shortly afterwards and didn't go back to it.

Then I bought the GOTY edition on PC and...didn't get very far. I completed Kvatch, but haven't got far beyond. I think I need to wait a while before I play it again, give it time to get me excited again. (The exact same thing happened with Fallout 3)

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Pc, Xbox360 and PS3. I mostly play the xbox version now since it runs better than my pc and I don't care about my ps3 s ore as much as my xbox one.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I have the GotY version on the 360 AND the PC collector's edition

the kicker? I don't actually care for it.

Chal

Aug 6, 2010
PC. I like the vanilla just fine, but mods improve things vastly. And then of course there's Nehrim, which almost completely redeemed the regret I had for Oblivion not being up to par compared to Morrowind. Amazing team; jaw-dropping that they would do so much high-quality work and then distribute it for free.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Well originally I got the 360 Collector's Edition of it and I played that version to death. Most recently I got it on steam too since it was cheap. Still prefer to play it on 360 though, just prefer playing it on a controller I guess.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
The 360. I keep it around for when that pang of nostalgia hits so I dont have to go out and buy it yet again.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Have it for the PS3. It was fun, until I picked up Colosseum: Road to Freedom and realized how shallow and boring the combat was.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I actually only bought it because it went on sale for $8.50 (USD). It was completely worth it. Especially once I found a ton of mods that I like.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
got it to play SOMETHING of its type, never played fallout 3 or any other rpg like it..
that, and it takes HOURS out of my boredom. THANK YOU BETHESDA!
on Xbox, my computer sucks crappy popsicles *punches CPU*
and its not even mine. go figure.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
PC and 360. I got it on PC for the mods but never actually got around to doing it. I mostly played it on 360.

Jason Danger Keyes

Mar 4, 2009
I played it for exactly 30 minutes without mods, before I became infuriated with the awful leveling and promptly went to the internet to fix it. Modded Oblivion = amazing

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
I got it for the 360, just because it was cheap, but I feel like a big idiot because the Game of The Year edition was also cheap at that time. If only I looked for it harder. But I still love the game.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
PC.
ewhac said:
PC (obviously). With mostly graphics mods (Oblivion Mod Manager, Qarl's texture upgrades, DarNified UI, Illuminaton Within, et al). I have a vaguely studly rig, so Oblivion doesn't faze it.

I played through Knights of the Nine, but Shivering Isles looks like one of Tim Burton's more disturbing dreams, and I haven't been very interested in finishing it.

Just recently heard about a large mod called Nehrim [http://www.nehrim.de/startEV.html], which looks interesting. Problem: I'll have to brush up on my high-school German in order to play it.
I also have most of what you mentioned, plus most (maybe all) of the DLC + Shivering Isles. After bingeing on it for about 400 hours, I started re-playing with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, but got distracted with other games. I fired it up after Fallout 3 and other dirt colored games, and was like, "OMG, COLOR!" Qarl makes it look amazing.

Somewhere in those initial 400 hours, I got plenty of Sigil stones with chameleon, and enchanted a set of armor. No one sees me, except for traps.

And don't worry about Nehrim, it has English subtitles.