Poll: What do you think of Facebook?

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Eh. It's an inbox for all of my friend who believe it's become the only way to get in touch with me.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
i like it (voted "tolerate" not "love") because it lets me be a bad friend. i.e. it lets me keep track of all my old friends i think of fondly but don't have the motivation to track down for a cup of coffee.

Dec 14, 2009
I use it for keeping in touch with friends, i.e., people I'm friends with in real life, not the made up friends people seem to have eleventy billion of.

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
I hate it, but my friends made me an account, so I have to put up with it just beacause I don't wanna be rude.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
Don't have an account, don't want one...being thought of as a major weirdo for not owning one. Seriously, when I say that I don't own one, people just look at me and go "Yes you do. How can you not have a Facebook?"

Creeps me out every damn time.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
its a fun way to talk with people who you otherwise wouldnt have the opportunity to.
also its fun to publicly humiliate friends at every given chance, hell me and mates have made a game of it, as the score stands im 2nd ha

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
It is useful, but somewhat sinister. I use an expired email account to log on, and don't display my real name on it. Other than that, and tweaking the privacy settings, there's not much one can do to stop them selling your details to advertisers or Government agencies.
But again, useful. Great for arranging meetings and finding people who share your interests.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
InfiniteJacuzzi said:
If you ignore most of the features, it just becomes a helpful social tool.
Indeed.

My thought on Facebook can be summed up in one sentence: "Meh, it's ok."

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
I've never seen a good reason to get one, if I want to talk to my friends I've got Steam, Skype or any number of less annoying methods of getting in touch with them.

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
I don't think about it, in general. Most of the time, it just is there, and I try not to associate with it. I made an account once, since so many people apparently think it's the bee's knees. I was not impressed, played a few games with it and abandoned it. It has no pictures.

leedwashere

Mar 17, 2011
Can't stand facebook (nor will I capitalize it >.>). Don't have an account and I never will. Any people I know I either know their email addresses and/or phone numbers and so don't need some silly timesink of a website to keep it all straight. It also just seems like an incredibly impersonal way to keep in touch with people... which is why I also refuse to text and don't let my phone receive them

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
The only reason I got it is because almost all of my friends have it, it was cool at first but then it just became boring and annoying with all the Farmvile crap, but then again it is nice to be able to chat with distant friends and family

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
I hate it because everyone at my university, for some reason, feels the need to take up every computer in the library to goof off on Facebook all day when I have a project or homework or a paper to be doing. I don't pay my tech fee so some blonde dimwit can waste my money to talk about how cute some boy is to all of her friends or talk about how drunk she got at her sorority party last night. I pay it so I can have access to a computer when I need to be doing work for school.

I don't mind too much when it's a relatively slow time on campus and there are plenty of free computers to use, but when every computer is in use and 75% of them are occupied due to Facebook, there is a serious problem.

miva2

Mar 18, 2010
darth.pixie said:
Don't have an account, don't want one...being thought of as a major weirdo for not owning one. Seriously, when I say that I don't own one, people just look at me and go "Yes you do. How can you not have a Facebook?"

Creeps me out every damn time.
congrats
i made an account cause it gave me like 6000GamerKash to use on a game called FreeJack
and now i can stalk people
i hate facebook though

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Hatred. Lots of it. I had an account once, but people I wanted nothing to do with kept finding my account... I was bombarded with friend requests, group requests, game requests... and I logged in all of once a month. I deleted my account about 18 months ago. I guess I'm not social enough for social networking sites. I'd rather just have a real discussion once in awhile, and there are none to be had on facebook... just stalkers and status hounds trying to make a larger list of "friends" than the next person. As always, when this subject comes up... I feel obligated to link to this video:

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I don't use it, but I see it can be a useful tool for socializing.

In short, useful yet uninterested.