Poll: What do you use: Console or PC?

operationgenesis

May 4, 2010
I mostly play an Xbox 360. I got it because for a while there it really, really looked like it was going to have better exclusives than the PS3, honest.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
PC - I generally prefer a mouse and keyboard to a controller for virtually everything I play. I do have a XBox 360 and PS3, but they are somewhat collecting dust; I wouldn't have bothered with the PS3 but they do have some exclusive titles I wanted to play (alas; I hate the way 'exclusives' are used to bind people to consoles).

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Pandalisk said:
Lets see. I have my PC on right now, i'm next to my PS3 and the 360 is right next to it. Can i just say all?.

Three screens on this table for each thing as well, serious eyesore.
3 screens.. all for my PC.. >:) seriously awesome xD

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
I'm genuinely surprised at the majority. Whenever I read discussions, it sounds like every thread is full of XBox kids.

Either we have some very quiet or seriously forgiving PC gamers on the Escapist.

Also, I love throwing this in whenever the PC/console thing comes up: I only have a PC, because consoles are too expensive. Seriously. I can't afford a console. But if you need a PC anyway (and you do), might as well make it one capable of playing games well. Which will last almost as long as a console generation. And gets 90% of the games anyway.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Tohuvabohu said:
It varies... lately I've been playing a lot more on my consoles.

But in terms of sheer amount of hours spent, and individual videogames owned - PC for sure.
How is the PS3 better for large games than the Xbox 360? I've heard it said before and never really understood it.
EIDT: I'm an Xbox owner. I was late arriving on the current-gen gaming scene, so I bought what all my friends had.

Locutus9956

Nov 11, 2009
PC and 360. At the same time often, because that's how I roll :p (seriously though they all have their place, I find the 360 is easier to relax on though that's likely down to me spending most of my dayjob sat in front of a PC so when I get home I dont really want to spend all that time sat in front of another much better PC :p)

Locutus9956

Nov 11, 2009
Jakub324 said:
Tohuvabohu said:
It varies... lately I've been playing a lot more on my consoles.

But in terms of sheer amount of hours spent, and individual videogames owned - PC for sure.
How is the PS3 better for large games than the Xbox 360? I've heard it said before and never really understood it.
EIDT: I'm an Xbox owner. I was late arriving on the current-gen gaming scene, so I bought what all my friends had.
Honestly it's not really, I've owned both consoles and I actually prefer my 360, the online service may not be free but it's so much more userfriendly.

However there is one signifigant point in the PS3s favour and that's that it's drive is a BluRay drive. Now that lets you watch BluRay movies obviously so yay for that but the more signifigant factor I found was that basically any game that is on multiple DVDs on XBox is generally on ONE BluRay on PS3. Basically I've never had to deal with disc swapping on PS3. But honestly given the lenght of most games that come on mulitple discs... having to get up from ones chair and ACTUALLY move once in say, a 2 hours period is hardly a critical failing ;)

I suspect in the context the original poset said it though he means big triple A titles tend to get released primarly aimed at the consoles rather than the PC and either ported to PC later or released at the same time but having very obviously been designed with a gamepad in mind rather than keyboard and mouse controls or sporting horribly ungainly DRM/Bugs that more or less ruin the game experience (Assassins Creed Brotherhood in particular I've heard some very bad things about the PC version being near unplayable at launch (I cant speak from personal exeperience as I've always played the AC games on console)

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
EvilMaggot said:
Pandalisk said:
Lets see. I have my PC on right now, i'm next to my PS3 and the 360 is right next to it. Can i just say all?.

All for your PC? do you have seperate towers or just the one? very nice though! what are inches of the screens?

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Andrewtheeviscerator said:
Well I have a 360 and a PC and I play both pretty regularly, so since there is no "console and PC" answer, mine shall remain "potato"
I approve this message.

I don't particularly worry about what platform the game I feel like playing is on, I use whatever platform I have it on. Most new games I find myself interested in come out on 360, so new stuff tends to be on that. But Dwarf Fortress will never be on a console, so the PC's important too.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I voted potato since I switch so often (have 7 consoles and a PC hooked up to my TV, plus another [better] gaming PC in another room). Ever since I moved, I've been playing my PS3 more when I mostly played on PC. Played the N64 a bit, too.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I'd like to vote for 'All' but that isn't an option...
Currently, I have a gaming capable PC and the only console I don't own is a Vita.
I don't believe in limiting myself. If you don't own every console, you're missing out.

AgentCooper

Dec 16, 2010
I play both the PC and console about equally. I try to devote time to both since I have different friends that play exclusively on one system.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
I use a PC, PS3 and a Wii. Although I have been restricted to my non-gaming laptop lately, so I mostly play older PC games now. When I have access to all of them, however, my use tends to be a bit more balanced... well alright, not THAT balanced, the Wii's been collecting dust for a better part of the last two years, but I played a LOT of Twilight princess two months ago, which took about a fortnight to beat and I haven't really used any of my other gaming devices at the time so...

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Probably a PC for the most part.
I prefer to play RTS games on the PC, and they're what I'm doing most of at the moment.
For the epic RPGs I still play the PS3 versions, which I will probably change in 7 or 8 years when I have a house or flat with desk space for a more powerful desktop, as opposed to my lower middle range laptop.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
PC! I love building gaming rigs, I love helping people build them (or recommend them parts), etc. Nothing more exciting than watching a rig come together with tidy cable management and pushing that power button for a successful first boot.

Yes my inner geek is coming along very nicely thanks for asking :p

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Pandalisk said:
EvilMaggot said:
Pandalisk said:

All for your PC? do you have seperate towers or just the one? very nice though! what are inches of the screens?
1 tower :) 2x GTX570 Twin Frozr ^^

22" 24" and 24" :)

here's 3 games played at once one game on each screen from left to right, WoW(TBC private), Battlefield 3 and Guild Wars 2 :)

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
EvilMaggot said:
Pandalisk said:
EvilMaggot said:
Pandalisk said:

1 tower :) 2x GTX570 Twin Frozr ^^

22" 24" and 24" :)

here's 3 games played at once one game on each screen from left to right, WoW(TBC private), Battlefield 3 and Guild Wars 2 :)
Wow thats a inhuman level of multi-tasking, and here i am having trouble listening to music and doing project work but your there playing three things at once.

my set up would be similar except we have a seperate small table where the tower, xbox and PS3 sit so there's a load of space and less clutter on the screen table. It also stops me from absent mindedly kicking the PC tower when i'm playing games when it used to be under the table.

Cool middle poster there by the way. I plastered my wall with game manuals.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Why bother making a poll if it is going to have joke options. It renders it completely pointless.

I do not use one more than others overall, just at certain times. I am currently on the PC more, because I bought Xcom for the PC. I bought Assassins Creed 3 for the Xbox, so now I have completed Xcom I will probably be on that more.

My PS3 hasn't had a lot of use recently seeing as I do not have any games that I am currently playing on it right now.