Poll: What do you use: Console or PC?

Devourment

Sep 23, 2010
Looks like about 30% are still binded to corporations,BREAK THE CHAINS AND ALLOW YOURSELVES A BREATH OF FRESH GAMING AIR!!

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I feel like answering anything more than "PC" will turn this into an abortion like that Star Citizen thread.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Hey, if a Potato is good enough for GLaDOS it's good enough for me.

Just kidding but I had no idea I was outnumbered so many times. 0_0

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
i mainly game on my PC but i have a PS3 for games like assassin's creed and other similar action games.

De Bureau

Apr 21, 2010
I answered 360. Not by choice but necessity.

My PC has terrible specs so I use it for old/indie stuff. Lately though I've been playing newer stuff that requires my 360: Dark Souls, AssCreeds, LA Noire, Fallout:NV. Once I have a decent PC I'll switch over in a heartbeat. I've chosen to avoid Skyrim and as much of its content as possible for a year now because I refuse to play TES on a console and I don't want the experience ruined by over exposure. This has been incredibly difficult for someone who watches a lot of LPs and is itching to play Skyrim. It's killing me!

Bottom-line: Consoles are more dollar efficient and easy to use and right now in my life that is enough to override the freedom and power of a PC.

Also: Good god console wars are retarded.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I use consoles and my PC, noticeably a Sony and Nintendo consoles. Which I use the most entirely depends on what system the game I want is being released on and is thus fairly arbitrary.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
My last console was an Atari

The vacuum tubes on it broke and my parents didn't want to replace them. PC gaming forevur.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I play a lot of older games on my PC, as well as a few new ones (I got Deus Ex: HR for PC because it would be weird having all of the Deus Ex games for PC except for the latest one), but for most newer games, my PC can't run them at reasonable speed or quality. That's what my 360 is for.
I don't really prefer one over the other, it's just which one is more convenient for the game in question.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I mostly play on my 360 and my PS3. Occasionally playing on my Wii. And for games like Team Fortress 2, Plants vs. Zombies, Fallout 1, and Fallout 2, I play on the PC.

So I guess I'm pretty well-rounded in that department.

Apr 5, 2008
I don't believe this poll is accurate. The number of supposed PC gamers doesn't support the fact that more games now are developed for and sold on consoles.

Either there are hundreds of software pirates here, the vast majority of PC gamers don't actually buy or play any games or the console owners buy 6 copies of each game. This poll's numbers do not agree with the industry, implying instead that players overwhelmingly game on PCs over consoles. Much as I wish that were the case, so we could again start seeing innovative, boundary pushing games optimised for a PC UI, later pkrted to console, I'm more inclined to believe there are 400 liars or non-gamers who voted PC.

I suppose there is also the possibility that publishers simply prefer the console game making process, with xbl/psn, dlcs, patches and what have you, without worrying about driver versions, different hardware configs, decent graphics/framerates or other PC game staples. I find that unlikely tho...they go where the money is and if there really were 4x as many PC gamers as console gamers combined, that.s who they'd beveloping for.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
KingsGambit said:
I don't believe this poll is accurate. The number of supposed PC gamers doesn't support the fact that more games now are developed for and sold on consoles.
The poll is accurate. What it is not is representative. This website's user base skews towards PC gaming more than the gaming community as a whole, thus the poll reflects that. So it is accurate, but only for the Escapist, not for the gaming community as a whole.

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
i have both pc and ps2 for gaming. but i voted for pc coz its what i use more though i love my ps2 very very much

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Depend on what you consider games. Big budget AAA games PS3, FTP face book type games PC/ Iphone.

I may play more little games on my PC but I spend way more on console games, in fact I don't spend anything on PC games anymore.

Zyntoxic

May 9, 2011
lately it has been mainly the 360, before that I had a pretty long PS3 era, but I'm currently running through some unfinished PC back stock and have just gotten into DotA 2 with some friends so I suspect it is gonna be predominantly PC for a while now

Apr 5, 2008
New Frontiersman said:
The poll is accurate. What it is not is representative. This website's user base skews towards PC gaming more than the gaming community as a whole, thus the poll reflects that. So it is accurate, but only for the Escapist, not for the gaming community as a whole.
Representative or not, I genuinely can't believe these numbers. If asked to swear in court I would unhesitatingly have said the vast majority on this site are console gamers. No way does this site, the discussions on its forums or the community reflect a PC playing majority. It doesn't come close. 3.5x the number of PC gamers as everything else combined?