Poll: what do you want done with your body after you die

steve the evil

Jul 9, 2011
I want to buried at sea. And I don't mean "having my carcass respectfully and mournfully chucked into the ocean," I mean I want guys with scuba gear and shovels packing mud on top of me until i stop floating.

Barring that ridiculous scenario, I don't really care.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
donate organs. Rest of my body needs to be buried in TNT, and then lit on fire. That way I get as equally distributed as possible, while providing nutrients for the environment (ashes don't do that)

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
backinthepresentfuture said:
when i'm dead....please. please rape me.
Actually, can you rape a dead body? It's not a person. I mean, I still get what you're saying, but it's not exactly "rape." Also, why are you concerned with how many dicks wind up in your corpse?

OT: I really want my body to be good for something when I die. My parting gift to the world. Maybe my organs could help someone else live, or my skin could give someone a new lease on life. Or I help fertilize some ground a grow something to make the world more beautiful. Then again, it's not like I'd be upset if I just got scattered uselessly into deep space. I just figure it might as well serve some purpose. I agree with the OP. Funerals are for the living, not the dead.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
FOR SCIENCE!
Preferably give it to my girlfriend or my med friends to cut up for some research/fun. And after they're done give my organs to someone who needs them.

Fuck burial or cremation, I'm dead it's not like that'll change anything.
I mean I'd like some fancy something that people can wow and and go "man that guy musta been awesome" standing in a forest or maybe a graveyard somewhere, but my body is for science.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
dropped in a six foot hole in one of my favorite hoodies, have dirt put over me then everyone leaves to go have a party.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
Whatever is cheapest, I don't in any way want to burden whoever has to take care of my body.

The bible says " from dust we are made, and too dust we shall return" I wouldn't mind being cremated to speed up the process, heck even buried in an area where my body can be composted would be nice. All I do not want is a burial in a cemetery, those places are almost sad to me, and the way some are treated is just sad.

Eigh what would I care I'm dead.

Abe Robinson

Mar 19, 2010
I want people to do with my body whatever the salon does to the hair it cuts off my head, and whatever people to do various other parts of my body that no longer have life.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
Donated to science. That way, maybe it can finally do something useful.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I went with cremation and my ashes spread because it's the most similar to being cremated on a pyre Ancient Greek style.

Wushu Panda said:
I want a funeral pyre, preferably on a mountain so my ashes can return to the natural order. If some loved ones want to scoop some up for safekeeping on a bookshelf...so be it.
Woo, I'm not the only one!

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
My body is to be cremated, and the ashes are to be spread in the ocean of my homeland. However, my family is mostly Catholic, so they will probably have an open casket funeral first. And then hopefully do what I asked.

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
There's a new process being tried, in which you are frozen, then sonically vibrated to pieces. Like cremation, in that you are reduced to a fine powder, but then much more environmentally friendly as there's no fire, ect.

I would like the exact opposite of this; BRONZE ME.

Lurklen

Feb 2, 2010
I want to be placed in a stone casket with my image engraven upon it, and to have that casket placed within an above ground crypt or buriel vault. For my funeral I want it to be sort of a louisiana jazz style but more irish inspired and to have my body taken to it's place of rest in an old time western style horse drawn hearse, like the one in The Magnificent Seven.

I have some delusions of grandeur.

Bealzibob

Jul 4, 2009
I would like it placed apon my shrine in my formal cermonial robes so that my worshipers may mourn me. Pilgrims from the world over will surge to the sacred site of my burials.

Perhaps my final words will be posted on facebook for all the world to admire and like and many RIP groups will be made celebrating my mighty rule. I would also like a hashtag on twitter as is appropriate for the passing of a deity.

The very least I expect the news to covering it for a overwelcoming amount of time and forgets instantly all my flaws so as to worship me as the perfect being I am.

...or I'll be cremated and spread to sea (or shot into space if we get that far by the time I die).

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
I was going to say "stuffed and mounted", but
Worgen said:
I want mine to be turned into a puppet and used to scare children and republicans.
your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Other than that, cremated, baked into a pie, and fed to my enemies. It's the ultimate way of saying "eat me".

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Load my body and all my worldly possetions onto a wooden boat under full sail, set it's course for the open sea,and set it on fire.