Poll: What is Your Alignment (Escapist)?

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Are we good? Neutral? Rule and law abiding? Neutral with Chaotic tendencies?

Just how many anarchists haunt this site, do you wonder?

You'll notice there is no option for Chaotic Evil. The poll engine only allowed for eight options so I decided to axe the choice for PSYCHOPATHIC anarchists.

TOPIC: I'm basing this on the older D&D classification that Alignments serve as tools rather than restrictions. I expect many here will apply this system very simplistically, but I'm hoping more experienced gamers will help explain and clarify just how encompassing alignments can be without being two-dimensional. AND DISCUSS!!!

A guy can be Lawful Evil and give to charities, risk his life to rescue kittens from trees, etc., without any ulterior motive and still be true evil. Personal Codes of Honor or Conduct can provide for a surprisingly broad range of actions and behavior patterns.

EXAMPLE: The Black Prince of medieval England razed a french city after it's citizens refused to open the city gates and surrender to him. Hundreds of men, women, and children were slaughtered. Yet his honor before the upper classes was untarnished by this slaughter of non-combatants and innocents because the rules of war at the time permitted him such butchery on the basis that the city SHOULD have surrendered to him.

Hence, a well born knight can be thoroughly chivalrous to others of his own and higher ranking social class, but treat those of lower social classes as less than dirt. This was true in medieval europe and it was certainly true in feudal Japan.

The same breadth applies to Lawful Good i.e. Paladins aren't contract lawyers who're obliged to leave their 'goodness' at the door because the law of the land insists they butcher babies in the name of the king, in other words.

So, my fellow Escapists...What Alignments are We? Individually and collectively...

Starting off, my Alignment is (drum roll please) Lawful Good with Neutral Good tendencies.

EXTRA: TAKE THE ALIGNMENT QUIZ!!! The link to the quiz is provided by MelasZepheos at the very bottom of page 2. Can you determine what you are, then take the test to find out if you are right? BUT BE WARNED!!!: I've taken this test more than once. It takes only a few changes in the answers you give to swing the results towards very different findings. When I gave spinal reflexive responses I ended up Lawful Good (no surprise there), but when I heavily analyzed the questions (over-analyzed, perhaps) I ended up True Neutral.

EDIT: Feel free to discuss alignment systems, folks. Bicker among yourselves, even. Discussions, anyone? Or 'Duscissions', if you prefer. Maybe some good vs. evil banter, eh? Anyone? Sniff......anyone???

............*sniff*.........................................................*so alone*.................*only come here for the quickies*........

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I'd like to think I'm a bit of everything if the need arises

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I went with Lawful Evil, except instead of selling your soul I'd just steal it.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Bloody double post this hasn't happened in a long time. >_<

Edit: Look at my avatars... Witness how awesome their syncing is.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Aerosteam 1908 said:
Good grief, how barbaric...

I sip souls genteely! Need to make them last, you know, there aren't as many good quality ones like there were in the good old days! -_-

OT: Lawful Evil as well... my plans must be enacted with a certain degree of decorum and elegance, dear chap!

Dec 14, 2009

A Spider-Man pic and the thread is still on topic?

Yeah baby!

Laws are good, laws are great, laws stop society from collapsing.

But I'd happily break the law to save another person.

Basement Cat

Jul 26, 2012
SckizoBoy said:
Aerosteam 1908 said:
Good grief, how barbaric...

I sip souls genteely! Need to make them last, you know, there aren't as many good quality ones like there were in the good old days! -_-

OT: Lawful Evil as well... my plans must be enacted with a certain degree of decorum and elegance, dear chap!
Right now there are 3 LG's and only 1 LE.

Are you sure you didn't vote Lawful Good by accident? If so, that's--that's--well, I suppose that actually might be in character.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
From what I remember of these bizarre D&D outlines, I'm probably True Neutral - indifferent and apathetic, but I'd rather good won out over evil, and I'm in no mood to challenge any societal norms 'just because' (which I think would be Chaotic Neutral).

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
[img=http://www.deviantart.com/download/109579986/Demotivation___Lawful_Evil_by_quicksilver22.jpg&w=838&h=687&ei/img]

lawful evil all the way.

captcha safety first.

I will make you safe for a price.

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
Chaotic Good. I'll be nice to you if I feel like it, and as long as no one tries to tell me I have to.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
In the words of Hibari Kyoya from Hitman Reborn.

"I'm not on anyone's side, I just do whatever I please."

So I guess neutral is the one for me.

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
Wolverine18 said:
I'm a lawyer. So of course that makes me LN.

Then again, I'm a good lawyer, so maybe more TN some days.
What kind of lawyer? 'Cause you guys have quite a reputation as Lawful Evil. Just sayin'.

Basement Cat

Jul 26, 2012
Aerosteam 1908 said:

Aerosteam 1908 said:

Th-they're beautiful...the lights...the flashing is so...I-I'm-I-I-I can't look away...
What is thy bidding, my master?

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
I try to act True Neutral, because everyone needs a mediator. But really I think I'm closer to Neutral Good if anything...

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
Wolverine18 said:
BeeGeenie said:
Wolverine18 said:
I'm a lawyer. So of course that makes me LN.

Then again, I'm a good lawyer, so maybe more TN some days.
What kind of lawyer? 'Cause you guys have quite a reputation as Lawful Evil. Just sayin'.
No way. I've never met a lawyer who wanted everyone dead for the fun of killing them. Ok, well maybe a few prosecuting attournies...

In all seriousness, most lawyers get off on the law itself. Be it ensuring the law is followed for practical reasons (we don't want contracts we right to be invalid, we think its what keeps society functioning, etc) or because we just love twisting every bit we can out of every word of that law as if it was a challenge/game that helped us achieve what we wanted.

I started off as a criminal lawyer, and I was very much that "letter of the law" kind of guy who would happily seek legal avenues to get my clients off, and frankly I didn't care if they were actually guilty or not. I loved the challenge of the case and I was fighting to get them all off to "ensure everyone had a fair trial and thus no innocent people ever went down".

Yeah, I was niave. I had a person I successfully defended against against an assault charge on his wife come back a couple years later after having confessed to killing that same woman to the police. I didn't take the case, and that was the beginning of the end for me as a criminal lawyer.

So now I'm corporate law, which oddly is more vicious but generally only money gets hurt so I'm ok with that.

Say, do you know what they call 10 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start.
From criminal defense to corporate law? You really are swimming with the sharks!
LOL, Just teasing ;D
Lawyers read the fine print so you don't have to!