Poll: What is Your Alignment (Escapist)?

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:

A Spider-Man pic and the thread is still on topic?

Yeah baby!

Laws are good, laws are great, laws stop society from collapsing.

But I'd happily break the law to save another person.
I'll see your Spider-Man and raise you a Fillion.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Copper Zen said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
This has always confused me, I do good most of the time but break minor laws, unless it involves something evil then I tend to just kill it when I see it doing bad things.

WTF AM I?!?!?!?!?!
Neutral Good, I suspect. Sounds that way.

Oh, minor deviations like stealing bubble gum at the checkout counter aren't necessarily enough to negate lawfulness, by the way. Think about it...
Well depending on the game I will steal everything thats not nailed down on my quest to save everyone and smite evil.

If there is no good bypassing minor crime stuff(the invisible eye watches all) like in the elder scrolls I tend not to bother with it.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Blunderboy said:
That picture is made of awesome ^^

I'm not sure about Apollo as Neutral Good; I'd have put him more as a tormented Lawful Good. Like the thing with him representing Gaius and his reasons behind that should show that he's working more on principles. Then again he's not exactly faithful in relationships, so I dunno. Galen is a better Neutral Good from that series IMO.

My Chaotic Good poster boy would be Kaneda from Akira:

Here refusing the UN from installing a new government in the now Anarchist Tokyo. But he'll happily take their food.

personion

Dec 6, 2010
The fact that we exist in society pretty much limits us to being either lawful or neutral. The question is more of what we'd prefer to be, or how we'd handle a dangerous situation involving other people's lives, but since that scenario doesn't normally pop up it's kind of hard to answer.

I put neutral good, because that's what most average citizens are.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
My own guess is probably Lawful Neutral. I tend to follow laws and regulations, and whilst I'll mostly let my morals guide me, I do pretty often give in and do bad things for personal profit. I wouldn't completely exclude Lawful Good though. Time to take the quiz.

...aaaand Lawful Good. That wasn't completely unexpected, but I still thought Lawful Neutral. Kinda scared now. I'm reading through A Song of Ice and Fire right now, and a theme of that series is how Lawful Good characters don't often end well. I HOPE it isn't lawful stupid.

*Sigh* I gotta do a snipet of over-written roleplay or I'll dissapoint, won't I.

STOP THEE EVILDOERS! HAIL TO THE KINGS LAW, AND THOU SHALL NOT BE HARMED! PUT DOWN YOUR SWORD, FOR THOSE WHO OBEY AND RESPECT OUR ALLMIGHTY KING SHALL RECEIVE HIS MERCY.

...that was horrible. I apologize.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Took the quiz and got True Neutral. (Or Neutral Neutral as the quiz said).

Though I guess that would be right, since the situation changes my "alignment". I usually play as a Chaotic Good character, and I would consider myself Neutral Good bending toward Chaotic Good.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I'm a cross between neutral good and chaotic good. I mainly want to do the right thing...but sometimes in order to do that you have to break the rules.

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
Copper Zen said:
ninonybox360 said:
Chaotic Neutral fits me well. I love to plot and create some Chaos, but I do have a heart.
That's Chaotic Good, by the way.
Well It depends on the situation weather or not I have a heart. Im not always good, it depends on the circumstances.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
Neutral. Dead Neutral. That was a surprise. I took the test before for another thread and came out Chaotic Neutral. Some of my answers must be different.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Rariow said:
My own guess is probably Lawful Neutral. I tend to follow laws and regulations, and whilst I'll mostly let my morals guide me, I do pretty often give in and do bad things for personal profit. I wouldn't completely exclude Lawful Good though. Time to take the quiz.

...aaaand Lawful Good. That wasn't completely unexpected, but I still thought Lawful Neutral. Kinda scared now. I'm reading through A Song of Ice and Fire right now, and a theme of that series is how Lawful Good characters don't often end well. I HOPE it isn't lawful stupid.

*Sigh* I gotta do a snipet of over-written roleplay or I'll dissapoint, won't I.

STOP THEE EVILDOERS! HAIL TO THE KINGS LAW, AND THOU SHALL NOT BE HARMED! PUT DOWN YOUR SWORD, FOR THOSE WHO OBEY AND RESPECT OUR ALLMIGHTY KING SHALL RECEIVE HIS MERCY.

...that was horrible. I apologize.
Having read most of the Ice and Fire series (I'm waiting for the Dragon/Dances--one to come out in paperback) I can grok what you mean about how being Lawful Good seems to put you at a disadvantage when you're surrounded by unscrupulous types. But look on the bright side: Sure, Ned was beheaded in the first book for being an decent and honorable, honest and upright fellow who put the 'noble' into 'nobleman', but it was only a book or two later before EVERYBODY was being betrayed and back-stabbed, etc., by EVERYBODY else.

Being Lawful Good doesn't put a bull's eye on your back. Ned's problem was naivety: He was a relative new comer in a palace of serpents, because of this the odds were against him from the start.

And there's no need to apologize for the 'Over the top bit'...not this time, anyway ;)