Poll: What is Your Alignment (Escapist)?

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I act lawful good generally, but personality-wise I'm more on the side of lawful evil. Take that as you will.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
At face value I would be inclined to say Chaotic Neutral.

However having recently picked up Baldur's Gate again, it seems fairly confident that Chaotic Neutral is strictly for nutjobs and people who are just plain unreliable and inconsistent. I don't really see how that makes any sense, but then again I barely know how this even works so w/e.

Edit: Took one of those alignment test things, sure enough I came up with Chaotic Neutral. Seems to offer a view of it that wasn't quite as...derisive as the one I'd read before.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Gottesstrafe said:
Lawful Evil, self-interested with my own code of conduct and agenda. Get as much as you can as long as you can, with the least amount of effort. Everyone is a target (with some exceptions), whether it be for physical resources like cash and services, or emotional resources like companionship or hospitality. That being said, I understand the advantages of good standing with your peers and community. One may expect small acts of kindness, but never without an ulterior motive or potential profit margin behind it. My word is my bond, but rarely if ever do I give my solemn vow (and even then the wording is left vague and open for interpretation). Does that make me a sociopath?
Nah. It doesn't make you a sociopath.

On the other hand, between your avarice, baby kissing, and your word being your bond you've got grand potential to be an honest politician. And remember--the key to being an honest politician is that you stay bought.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I probably Lawful Neutral. I'm a good citizen who never have a criminal record and help others when needed (sometimes). Granted like everyone else I have my annoyance and frustration.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
MelasZepheos said:
According to the short quiz I just took...

True Neutral

Christ. I thought I'd at least be Neutral Good.
Quick--what quiz? I forgot the site where you could go to and take a quiz to get gauged. The only site I know of now is "What D&D character am I?", and that's for more than your alignment.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

A Spider-Man pic and the thread is still on topic?

Yeah baby!

Laws are good, laws are great, laws stop society from collapsing.

But I'd happily break the law to save another person.
That about sums it up for me too.

Close second is Lawful Evil, cause if I ever became Emperor of some medivel fantasy word you bet your bollocks it's gonna be very evil, but by god it's gonna be orderly.

Aug 25, 2009
Copper Zen said:
MelasZepheos said:
According to the short quiz I just took...

True Neutral

Christ. I thought I'd at least be Neutral Good.
Quick--what quiz? I forgot the site where you could go to and take a quiz to get gauged. The only site I know of now is "What D&D character am I?", and that's for more than your alignment.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b/

I think it's the Wizards of the Coat official thing.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
I did some research and internet tests for the D&D alignment, to find out where I stand.

I went in expecting Chaotic/neutral good, but over the course of several tests it was always in the same range: Lawful Neutral, with Good tendencies.

Turns out, Lawful doesn't necessarily mean "the law", but includes personal codes of ethics, morality, and conduct. So with that in mind, it makes more sense.

As a normal person I really only get the chance to act out my kindness and empathy. But as games (board or video) tend to want to put us in unusual situations to find out our true nature, I have more opportunity to show the side of me that is less concerned with doing what feels good, and more concerned with what I believe is right (regardless of how I or anyone else may feel).

Those choices are mostly about the survival and well-being of as many people as possible, friend or foe (though friends get a slight priority), along with choices that I believe will result in long-term harmony and intellectual advancement for society (without compromising the life,health, and personal freedom of individuals). Hypothetically, at least.

Benni88

Oct 13, 2011
You've laid that out really confusingly btw. SHould go:

LG
NG
CG

LN
NN
CN

LE
NE
CE

Just a handy pointer :)

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
According to the quiz posted here, I fall under chaotic good.
Seems about right. I tend to do what I think is the right thing, rather than what others tell me is the right thing.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Neutral Good All the way. In the larger, prisoners dilemma sense, it is the most efficient to be good. And both chaos AND law, when followed strictly, are nothing but arbitrary bindings that eliminate possible choices in how to be good. Laws are generally followed because they are good without any unnatural attachment to them that would force you to follow the bad ones. Breaking the rules can be for the greater good, but unless you approach it from a neutral perspective, it is nothing more then arbitrary destruction a good portion of the time. And most importantly, if the situation requires it, neutral good can mimic ANY alignment for the sake of ultimate good.

If a bad guy is taken prisoner and is not afraid of pain, and has important information, the lawful good person will threaten, and the bad guy will know that he will never actually kill him. A chaotic good person will threaten and actually kill the person, loseing valuable information. A neutral good person will put a single round in a revolver, spin the chamber, ask for the information, and every time they don't answer, pull the trigger. Neutral Good can marry both the rational effectivenesss of Lawful with the unpredictability of chaotic.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Neutral Good, as seems to be the most common. I don't really care about the law, but I generally follow it. It would likely lead to a big inconvenience if I didn't, so there's the Neutral. But I do believe in treating people with decency, so there's the Good. And yeah, I'd definitely break the law to save someone I care for.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
According to my own thoughts and that guide, Neutral. Don't screw others over, and expect not to be screwed over. Don't go out of my way to help others, and I don't expect others to do so for me.