Poll: What is your favorite race in Fantasy games?

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
My race placement:
1)Dwarves
2)Other-(Drakes, Lizardmen, Trolls, etc.)
3)Ocs
4)Elves
5)Hobbits/Gnomes
6)Humans
7)Undead
8)Krogans (It was a joke, but I still like em'!)

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
I like dwarves when they are basically just bearded, buff, short humans, because nothing is more manly then rushing into a horde of enemies with arms thicker than most guys' chests, wielding a massive axe while sporting a well-trimmed amount of facial hair.

Alternatively, humans (what can I say, I like my characters to ahve facial hair, and most elves I've seen don't get to grow beards (face it guys, a good beard is the most important thing in any RPG).

Okay, fine I'll be serious (though I was serious about the dwarves). I enjoy playing as elves, they always seem better suited to magic and stealth, two attributes of which I am a huge fan.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Asura [http://guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/asura/], they are NOT GNOMES!
Sylvari [http://guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/sylvari/], they are NOT ELVES!
And the Charr [http://guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/charr/]. The Charr shall RULE! ...and they're sorta like more feline Klingons.

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
Why are the only fantasy races the ones from J.R.R. Tolkiens version of fantasy. Yes, its some of the best fantasy, but there is soooo much more out there then just human/elf/orc/dwarf.

I like the Tomb kings; this is a nod to warhammer

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
HT_Black said:
E-A-R-T-H! E-A-R-T-H! WHAT'S THAT SPELL? EARTH, EARTH, EARTH, EARTH!

Humans for the win, mothaphucka! It was humans that stormed the black gate and held fast against the black hordes at Mina Tirith! It was humans that beat back the Tyranids, humans that defeated the Zerg, and humans that put an end to The Flood! Human beings bested the Yuzhang Vong, stopped The Advent in their tracks, and put an end to the Scrin menace! A single human being destroyed a reaper, another toppled the entire Sith Empire AND THEN went to go wipe out their entire species, and yet another still ruined the Gods of Olympus themselves! Humans mastered the Pieces of Eden, conquered both the sky and the ocean floor, and made all of nature their slave! The Dwarves are greedy, the Elves are vain and cowardly, and everyone else is just plum useless!

We set off fission bombs in our only bioshpere! We flood our air and water with deadly poisons to weed out the week! WE NAILED OUR GOD TO A STICK!

DON'T FUCK WITH THE HUMAN RACE!

/Species patriotism
Oh boy, one of you Terra Firma Party nuts...

OT: I love elves. They're like humans, only better!

REAPER5594

Nov 3, 2009
Human-Elf halfbreed. phisical strength, speed, agility, enhanced senses, and endurence, of the Elves, combined with the cunning, adaptability, and sheer stubornness of humans, combined with the magical potential of the two races combined. give that being descent combat training, specifically to be a Rogue :), and you have a pretty good character.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Wintermute_ said:
Why are the only fantasy races the ones from J.R.R. Tolkiens version of fantasy. Yes, its some of the best fantasy, but there is soooo much more out there then just human/elf/orc/dwarf.

As I have mentioned at least twice earlier, I am including races that can be found in multiple works, like Tolkien, WoW, Oblivion, D&D, Battle for Wesnoth, and many more. What you are insinuating is that I add a race like Tomb Kings, which are only really found in Warhammer. The unique races like this are the reason the other category is in existence.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Snarky Username said:
HT_Black said:
E-A-R-T-H! E-A-R-T-H! WHAT'S THAT SPELL? EARTH, EARTH, EARTH, EARTH!

We set off fission bombs in our only bioshpere! We flood our air and water with deadly poisons to weed out the week! WE NAILED OUR GOD TO A STICK!

DON'T FUCK WITH THE HUMAN RACE!
Oh boy, one of you Terra Firma Party nuts...

OT: I love elves. They're like humans, only better!
...ARE YOU CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI?

ELVES ARE WALKING SHRINES TO VANITY AND WEAKNESS, AND THE ONES THAT AREN'T ARE CHARACTERLESS (author-insertion, at times) MARY SUE CHARACTERS! THE ELVES RAN AND HID INTO THEIR FORESTS, OR (in the case of Dragon Age) WERE FORCED INTO SLAVERY. AT BEST, THEY FLAWLESSLY IMMERSED THEMSELVES INTO HUMAN CULTURE, THUS LOSING THEIR HERITAGE! BUNCH OF MOTHAPHUCKING TREE-HUGGERS WOULDN'T LAST TWO SECONDS IN A FIGHT AGAINST A FLY!

TERRA FIRMA NOW, TERRA FIRMA FOREVER!

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
Peteron said:
Wintermute_ said:

As I have mentioned at least twice earlier, I am including races that can be found in multiple works, like Tolkien, WoW, Oblivion, D&D, Battle for Wesnoth, and many more. What you are insinuating is that I add a race like Tomb Kings, which are only really found in Warhammer. The unique races like this are the reason the other category is in existence.
I only meant that, and you know this for a fact, damn near everything perceived as fantasy by people who aren't otherwise into fantasy or just aren't really deep into it to kno there are other options, look to tolkien's version of fantasy as the generic and staple set-up for a fantasy setting. Even if its not an exact copy, there are usually parallels between the dwarf/human/elf/orc set-up of fantasy races and other varieties.

Oh, and i changed my mind. Skaven all the way, baby.

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
It depends on how the game I'm playing has chosen to portray them really. For WoW I always preferred Horde, favouring Undead, whereas from Baldur's gate I always rolled either Half-Elf or Elf. In WC3 I prefer Night Elves, and in Dawn Of War (and 40k tabletop for that matter) I always preferred Eldar, who are pretty elfy. But in Warhammer Online (which I quit quite a while ago because tier 4 blows) I freakin' adored being a goblin squig herder, and a chaos marauder. Like I said, it really depends, I tend to avoid humans though.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Generally speaking, I'm pro-Elf unless they have been "thoroughly messed up" in my eyes.

Aug 1, 2010
In a video game? Elf. I just love going ninja, but in ANY games that allows it, I play Drow(Dark Elf). For those who don't know, they tend to be evil assassins that stab everyone in the back. Quite fun.

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
Elf simply cuz their are usually the most versatile in magic and are always high and mighty.

Sep 14, 2009
whatever the fuck zidane is. monkey? fucking sick though, badass dude for being small (kinda reflects myself...oh wait, im not a super saiyan =[ )