Poll: What is your view on a "polyamory" relationship?

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
My thoughts are:

I wouldn't do it... couldn't see myself doing it. Damn sure don't understand how people do but then I don't understand a lot of things about relationships and/or sex that people do. More power to all of those who can do it but it's not something I'd be too amazed about. Just keep it to yourself because I probably couldn't hear about it without bombarding you with invasive questions.

Yeah... that's pretty much it.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
lacktheknack said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm pretty much a 1 woman man, if that's what you're asking. Hell I'd sell my left nutsack right now just to have that 1 woman. Screw polygamy!
Left... nutsack...

You have multiple scrotums? O_O

OT: No thanks. It just doesn't seem right.
Oh ha ha ha, oops. I was meaning that to be a slang for testicle, but uh... yeah. That's all beside the point anyway.

ch0pstixZ

Look ma! No Hands!
Feb 11, 2008
Rowan93 said:
It's "polyamorous relationship". Saying polyamory relationship is kind of like saying "homosexuality relationship".

Anyway, yeah, I'm all for it.
Technically no. As polyamorous is not definded in the oxford dictionary, nor in the thesaurus, so there is not right or wrong way to say it. :D

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I've tried it, and tried hard to be okay with it, but I'm just not. I cannot love 2 partners at the same time, I am just incapable of doing it. When I'm with someone I want to give them my all and be there for them whenever. Being with someone else limits that, I can't do it.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Is it so much to ask to have the thread title and the poll be the same thing? No? Fine.

To put it simply, I am not wired to find the concept favorable.

If it works for others, cool beans for them I guess. I may have some skepticism, but that is really on a case-by-case/person-by-person basis.

Chasing-The-Light

Jul 16, 2011
I'd never personally be involved in such a relationship. But that's only because I have paranoia and jealousy issues when it comes to the people I love...

When it comes to other people, though, I don't really find any issue on it. What it really comes down to, for me, is who am I to tell someone else how to show their love, or what kind of relationship(s) work for them?

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Theoretically, as long as all parties are consenting it isn't immoral and it could be possible. In practice, multiple-partner relationships almost never go well and descend into bitterness or boredom.

A successful poly relationship would require everyone to more or less be into nothing but casual sex and low-stakes, shallow relationships. It is very difficult to find people who love others very, very much and yet are totally cool with them having other partners. No doubt there are a few people like that here and there, but they are very, VERY rare. So even if you have a successful poly-amorous relationship.... it's really more of a "hey guys who's up for group sex" sort of thing and not really a relationship in the way that most of us want. I strongly doubt it would be very meaningful, deep or long-lasting.

But hey, if that's what people want, go ahead. I'm not going to say it's immoral - you do whatever you want with your body and the bodies of consenting adults. It ain't my business to get involved. If there is a god(s), then your relationship(s) are between you and he/she/it/them. If there isn't a god or gods (as I suspect) then as long as you keep in private and inform everyone you sleep with that you are with 2 or 3 or more other people then that's fine too.

But I'll wager that at the end of the day you won't be happy and you won't have a really cherished relationship with your partners. Or one of you will get super-attached to another one and you'll start feeling jealous or spiteful and the whole thing will end in tears. But who knows, maybe you are fortunate enough to meet EXACTLY the right sort of people who can feel passionately in love with someone while simultaneously feeling no sense jealousy or guilt, then WOW - you must be incredibly lucky and I wish you all the best.

ch0pstixZ

Look ma! No Hands!
Feb 11, 2008
burningdragoon said:
Is it so much to ask to have the thread title and the poll be the same thing? No? Fine.

Please read the last paragraph, of my original post.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
ch0pstixZ said:
Rowan93 said:
It's "polyamorous relationship". Saying polyamory relationship is kind of like saying "homosexuality relationship".

Anyway, yeah, I'm all for it.
Technically no. As polyamorous is not definded in the oxford dictionary, nor in the thesaurus, so there is not right or wrong way to say it. :D
Surely it's an issue with the suffix, not a word-by-word basis thing, right?