Poll: What sequel do you desire the most?

NorWolv8

Aug 16, 2011
The sequel I'm most hyped for at the moment is definitely Bioshock Infinte.

But the sequel I really wish would be made, is Jak 4, for a platform like PS3, PC, or the next generation platform. Continuing the story line from Jak 3, and not the racing and PSP games. I really, really miss that franchise. I'm very happy they made that HD collection though.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Could I be the only one that craves a Bulletstorm 2?
The first game is probably my favourite single-player FPS. The environments were nice and colorful, the skillshot mechanic was a colossal ball of genocidal fun, the weapons were interesting and fun to use and the characters were simply fantastic!
Hell, if People Can Fly can't get the backing for a sequel then atleast give us 20 minutes or so of General Sarrano talking completely out of context!

Another option goes to MediEvil 3.
MediEvil 2 doesn't really open much to a sequel regardless of which ending but damn what I wouldn't give to see Sony give Sir Dan one last HD send off! Just make sure you keep more to the original PS1 classics instead of whatever it was you did for the PSP De-make.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Out of the games given in the poll: Knights of the Old Republic 3. A single player, D20 based role playing game. Otherwise I'd like to see a Mother/Earthbound something release in the US.

Teh Jammah

Nov 13, 2010
Jade Empire 2. Come on Bioware, stop sitting on the damn IP and bring back Kang the Mad and Black Whirlwind already! I NEED this in my life.

That or an HD KotOR 2 remake with all the cut content put back in

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Olikar said:
canadamus_prime said:
I do. In fact it was specifically in regards to KotR III, people used to say they'd want Bioware to handle it because supposedly Obsidian fucked up KotR II. So surely you see the irony now.
I have honestly never met these people, most Kotor fans I have met (myself included) have said Kotor 2 is vastly superior in terms of both gameplay and story.

EDIT: Also even if it was a mainstream consensus that Bioware did a better job at Kotor than Obsidian did, it wouldn't be 'ironic' for me to think that Obsidian would do a better job at the third.
Well I seem to recall those sentiments floating around this site a few years back every time a thread like this one came up. Right up until the release of Fallout: New Vegas in fact.

EDIT: It's ironic because of the flip flop. You know whereas previously it Bioware that everyone wanted to do KotR III because Obsidian would "fuck it up" now it's the other way around.

Kyrinn

May 10, 2011
Olikar said:
canadamus_prime said:
I do. In fact it was specifically in regards to KotR III, people used to say they'd want Bioware to handle it because supposedly Obsidian fucked up KotR II. So surely you see the irony now.
I have honestly never met these people, most Kotor fans I have met (myself included) have said Kotor 2 is vastly superior in terms of both gameplay and story.

EDIT: Also even if it was a mainstream consensus that Bioware did a better job at Kotor than Obsidian did, it wouldn't be 'ironic' for me to think that Obsidian would do a better job at the third.
I guess I would be one of "those people". I found the first KOTOR to be vastly superior. It seemed like KOTOR II was going for some deeper story with a lot of mystery but honestly it just felt extremely disjointed with a lot of "ass-pull" events. That's just my opinion anyway

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
Well I'd like to see a new Call of Duty...
I kid, I kid.

I can't choose between KOTOR 3 and Prince of Persia :D but yeah, those two. And Half Life 3, obviously. And a proper Crash Bandicoot game. And Beyond Good and Evil 2.

KOTOR I was an excelent game in all aspects. KOTOR 2 started off even better and it would've been a hell of a game if the folks at Obsidian didn't phone it in halfway through the story and rush out a disappointing ending that created more questions than it answered. I do not consider TOR to be a part of canon. Sure, the story was great and the dialogue was top-notch, it's just that I hate MMOs. When all the exploration is killed in favour of quasi-social features I'm not going to use anyway and the sense of progression is limited to watching bars climb up as a result, I just can't force myself to like the game, no matter how good the dialogue is. I'd love to see a proper singleplayer KOTOR that would sor all this out.

As for Prince of Persia... well it's prince of persia. They need to move on from SoT trilogy already and while I really liked the setting and art style of the 2008 one, the gameplay felt sluggish and repetitive. Well the Desmond trilogy in AC is finished so perhaps we could finally get a vastly improved sequel to PoP 2008 or a completely new PoP. I don't really care, as long as it's a proper puzzle-platformer and the bloke either is or at some point becomes a member of the persian royal family, I'm all for it.

Half-Life 3 is self-explanatory

Crash Bandicoot... well they botched up the last few games. Every game since the Naughty Dog ones on PlayStation, in fact. I'd love to see a competent studio handling this particular piece of intellectual property for once. I doubt it's returning to Naughty Dog anytime soon but hey! one can always dream. Right?

And of course BG&E2. Seriously Ubisoft. Stop being dicks and get on with it.

Janus Vesta

Mar 25, 2008
We need a new Oddworld game. Not just for my love of the series but for society itself. And the children. Don't you think the children would benefit from having another Oddworld game to play? I do.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Well I seem to recall those sentiments floating around this site a few years back every time a thread like this one came up. Right up until the release of Fallout: New Vegas in fact.

EDIT: It's ironic because of the flip flop. You know whereas previously it Bioware that everyone wanted to do KotR III because Obsidian would "fuck it up" now it's the other way around.
I kinda have to agree with him; even after the release of Fallout: New Vegas, the "Obsidian ruins games" attitude was really popular, on account of them having very poor Quality Control, as well as some very pushy publishers (Sega with Alpha Protocol, LucasArts with KotoR 2).

Personally, I've always been okay with the idea of Obsidian writing every game ever from now on. I've never failed to be highly entertained by an Obsidian game.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Half-Life 3.

. . . . . . . .

I kid, I kid. The OP asked for games that will 'never get made'.

As such, presuming Mr. Schaffer stays content with XBLA/Steam/Mobile titles and other such things, I'm not likely to see a sequel to Psychonauts.

Which is a damned shame. Same can be said for Beyond Good and Evil and Eternal Darkness.

Seriously, fuck you Ubisoft for dragging the fans along all these years, with blatant promises of "we'll make it if you do this one thing for us...".

As for Silicon Knights, well.... :/

FelixG said:
Other: Homeworld 3 please!
Barring my first choice, this would easily be my next pick. I absolutely adore Homeworld 1, and have always wanted to see a better continuation of the story. (2 was sort of a let down for me)

'Course, my other other-pick would have been a sequel to Populous: The Beginning, but Molyneux and his crew have already revealed they're making a new Populous game called Godus. So....there's that covered. Which basically leaves Homeworld 3. ;)

PonceyMcTosserFaic said:
1. Mechwarrior 5. My favorite game series. and also the only game series in which i would not constantly die in MP.

. . . . . . .

4. System Shock 3. Because I want it.
You've "sort of" already had two of your wishes granted.

Here's the first one: http://mwomercs.com/

And, for all intents and purposes, Bioshock was a pseudo-sequel to System Shock 2.

That's arguable, of course, but it may be the best we can get. Sadly.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
There is quite simply not enough Psychonauts 2 in this thread.

Rasputin Aquato deserves to be seen, and I believe that Psychonauts has garnered the appreciation it deserves over the years to make the game financially viable.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Raziello said:
Freelancer - With modern graphics and processing power, a sequel of this could be amazing.
Aaron88 said:
Freelancer 2
While not exactly a "true" sequel, StarCitizen may very well be the spiritual successor to Freelance we've been craving for years.

'Course, time will tell whether it's any good, but I have hope...

Bill Nye the Zombie

Apr 27, 2012
PonceyMcTosserFaic said:
3. Republic commando 2. I want to know what happened to Sev!
I know! You cant end a series on a cliffhanger that big and NOT give us a sequel.

I'd also love a World in Conflict 2 and a Victoria 3 (Which will most likely be done after Europa Universalis IV, but still.)

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
JEBWrench said:
canadamus_prime said:

I kinda have to agree with him; even after the release of Fallout: New Vegas, the "Obsidian ruins games" attitude was really popular, on account of them having very poor Quality Control, as well as some very pushy publishers (Sega with Alpha Protocol, LucasArts with KotoR 2).

Personally, I've always been okay with the idea of Obsidian writing every game ever from now on. I've never failed to be highly entertained by an Obsidian game.
Besides, I never said I agreed with the seintimet that Obsidian ruins games. I was just saying that's it's ironic that the prevailing opinion has gone from "Bioware should do everything because Obsidian ruins games" to "Obsidian should do everything because Bioware ruins games."

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Bulletstorm 2 :c

I want more extremely childish combat and jokes goddammit. And Steve Blum/Jennifer Hale duo is always a good thing.

ImBigBob

Dec 24, 2008
First ones to come to mind were Skies of Arcadia 2 and Eternal Darkness 2.

The first because I'd love to see it reimagined in HD, and the second because it'd be amazing what they could do with some proper game design.

thomaskattus

Dec 15, 2011
Other: Fallout 4

I am a big ole Bethesda fanboy and actually enjoyed what they did with the setting. I am curious to see where the next setting will be and am looking forward to hours of exploration and killing!

legendp

Jul 9, 2010
Mirrors edge 2

full 20 hours long, leave it as a linear path and story but make the levels more expansive and large like the first crysis.
dont change the gameplay and controls (add to it), mirrors edge isn't like cod that in the sense it is overused, it's original enough to be built on but not change the core gameplay elements, just give me a longer more engrossing story, maybe a scene where you have to outrun a bridge or building collapse. but keep the pacing and core gameplay the same