Poll: what's worse,beating up a girl, or getting beat up by a girl?

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Irony said:
Jedoro said:
HG131 said:
Jedoro said:
HG131 said:
Neither. They have varying levels of badass just like men. I'd never insult a guy for getting beat up by a chick and I think that if you're going to give it, you should take it too. Randomly hitting anyone is a dick move, but if she started it you have every right to give it back 10 fold.
I motion for a third option to be added to the poll that summarizes this point.

I actually 100% agree with you. People think I'm crazy because they ask and I tell them I'd fight a girl if she started something, but they call me crazy anyways, so I don't really care. I'm just not a fan of laying down and taking a beating because of a trivial fact like gender. A threat's a threat.
Exactly. Also, nobody's called me crazy for that opinion, but whenever someone does call me crazy I just reply "Wait, you just figured that out? I thought the fact that I commonly and calmly say I hope someone gets in a painful car wreck kinda pointed that fact out!".
My most common response is "And?"

Anytime someone gives me crap for this, I just say, "Chivalry or equality; pick one. Picking both is superiority." That, or my explanation, usually shuts them up.
Hell yes. "Chivalry or Equality" gotta remember that.

OT: I don't think either is immediately worse. You shouldn't feel any shame for getting your ass kicked whose a better fighter than you, whether that person is male or female. And if someone was really looking to pick a fight with me I would have no problem laying into them (or doing my best to lay into them anyway) even though they didn't have dick.

That doesn't mean I condone beating up someone weaker than you just because they were mouthing off. I just don't believe in holding back on someone because they're female.
And that's our point. We're not wife-beaters or girlfriend-beaters, we're just not victims.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Beating up a girl. When I took karate, I recall one girl who could easily kick the asses of most people there short of the instructors. Besides, if you don't really know what you're doing, a big person can get their ass handed to them by someone 2/3 their size.

Trying to dispel gender notions aside, there's the simple fact that doing something bad is worse than being a victim.

skywalkerlion

Jun 21, 2009
I think equality is better than chivalry sums up what I'm gonna say. The girl part is irrelevant. So getting beat up by a girl, in my opinion, is no worse than getting beat up by a guy. Same principal with hitting one.

Hitting should only ever come in self defense, of course.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
My rule: Unless a woman is trying to harm/kill you in a very real way, it is not okay to hurt her.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Honestly depends on what you mean:

Beating up a girl who doesn't know how defend herself is much worse to losing a fight to a girl who knows how to fight.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
FeetOfClay said:
Doesn't matter, casual sexism is so much worse.
I am so happy someone got there before me. My faith in humanity was plummeting by the post.

derelict

Oct 25, 2009
This question is rather inappropriate in this day and age, of 'equal rights'.

I put it in sarcastic quotes cause hitting women is still seen as a serious offense, despite how badly some of them need to be hit. I for one think it's quite good that a few of them stepped up to show the rest of women in the world that they can bring the pain same as anyone, if necessary, but I suppose the stereotype that women are naturally weaker will be held in the end, over everything.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Beaten up: Understandable, maybe you deserved it or the woman was a *****.

Beating someone else up: Not right. Shame on you.

Serge A. Storms

Oct 7, 2009
Well, if a girl does beat you up, chances are she started by kicking you in the nuts, and that's her bad. I think beating a girl up is worse by default in the vast majority of either situation because of that.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
Chivalry against masculinity. Your choice.

Frankly I don't really strike out at anyone unless they REALLY hurt me (not just physically). By then God knows what will save them. Women are not immune.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
If a girl starts trying to fight me I'm going to resist hitting back but if she doesn't stop and I am getting hurt significantly despite blocking/trying to dodge her attacks I am going to deck that ***** no question. Well if I have a witness to back me up of course.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
This 'beating up a girl' thing is just sexist. So it's wrong for a man to fight a girl because she's a girl? What, he's supposed to just take it because she was born with a vagina?

Don't be so fucking patronizing. Just because you're a woman doesn't make you weak.
If I was attacked by a girl I'd defend myself as much as I could, and put her down if I had to. It goes the same for both genders.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
The answer is exactly the same as the answer to the question "What's worse, beating up a guy, or getting beaten up by a guy?"

Dyme

Nov 18, 2009
In average, men are physically stronger than women, therefore men beating women is worse.

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
Unless the girl in question is currently attempting to kill you or someone close to you, beating up a girl is much, much worse.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
If I need to fight for my life, I will beat up a girl
If I get beat up by a girl, I guess it won't be too bad, maybe a little embarrassing, but still, no big deal.

Men and women are equal, but if I had to choose, I would say get beaten up by a girl, because in young people culture it is believed to be embaressing to loose to a female.