Poll: what's worse,beating up a girl, or getting beat up by a girl?

Chairman Meow

Apr 5, 2010
There is no excuse to beat anyone of any sex be they male or female, no exceptions. The person doing the beating is always the most shameful.
As someone stated before, chivalry or equality, not both or it's just superiority.

Choice of poll options is pretty disappointing too, makes the argument seem very black and white.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
It depends. In a martial arts situation, there'd being nothing wrong with getting beat by a girl with more skill.

In real life, if any sex is committing domestic abuse or whatever, it's not acceptable from either sex, despite men being more prone to hitting people. Men shouldn't beat up women for no reason, and women shouldn't beat up men for no reason.

But I chose beating up a woman.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Getting beat by a woman, but attacking one is bad too. That is my opinion. I am very self centered and care a lot about my own honor. Sure many see it as shameful to strike a woman, and normally I would not. If possible I would restrain them to prevent violence. I wouldn't attack a woman unless I was attacked first.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I picked beating up a girl is worse because it is.

If someone attacks you there are three options, fight, flight or diplomacy.

Fight should be the last option used regardless of gender.

I have a problem with men who hit women, it's something I feel strongly about.
I would rather get kicked in the nuts than hit a woman. Just how I feel.

Others don't need to understand it or agree with it but I'm sure many people who aren't internet tough guys/hung up on sexism will agree with me.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
I'm actually finding a fair amount of replies defending women here to be more sexist then ones presenting it's ok to fight back in self defence ( another nuance, quite a few ppl assume the male is the agressor, others assume the question is being asked in a self defence context).

Wouldn't giving credit to the girl and admitting that she might be a real threat capable of messing us up be less sexist then assuming they are frail flowers who you can easily disarm and restrain and wait for their sillyness to pass?

Never beat up a woman, would only do it if i'm in real danger before someone assumes i'm a woman beating mysognist :\

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
I can't imagine a situation where I would support beating up a girl. Defending myself, yes - beating up, no.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
beating up a girl is a dick move. however, if she poses a legitimate threat, and attacks first, defend yourself bro. i personally am 6'2 and 200 lbs. if i get attacked by a chick, in most cases, i could easily pin them down. (NOTE: ive never had to fight a chick) they are just jealous of my body anyway.

bodyguarddied

Oct 25, 2009
Although I'd rather not be in a situation where this would occur, I think beating up a girl would be worse. I, personally, would try to restrain or, if they have a weapon, disarm them. Only reason to ever beat up a girl is if your life is being threatened.

cystemic

Jan 14, 2009
its good to see that the men on escapist still have honour. who says chivalry is dead :)

Altar

Apr 6, 2009
A gentlemen should never hit a lady, however the moment a girl/female (Whatever) hits me, they are no longer a lady and thus fair game.

A male beating up a female is just as bad as a female beating up a male... anyone hitting anyone (Unless in self defense) Is scum regardless of gender...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Jedoro said:
HG131 said:
Neither. They have varying levels of badass just like men. I'd never insult a guy for getting beat up by a chick and I think that if you're going to give it, you should take it too. Randomly hitting anyone is a dick move, but if she started it you have every right to give it back 10 fold.
I motion for a third option to be added to the poll that summarizes this point.

I actually 100% agree with you. People think I'm crazy because they ask and I tell them I'd fight a girl if she started something, but they call me crazy anyways, so I don't really care. I'm just not a fan of laying down and taking a beating because of a trivial fact like gender. A threat's a threat.
I second this motion. If someone starts a fight with me, I'll finish it; regardless of gender. I'm not going to go around picking fights but if someone picks a fight with me, I am not going to take it lying down.

sirkai007

Apr 20, 2009
One shows that you may be weak in terms of physical stature the other shows you are weak in terms of character.

I could possibly see striking a woman if I knew my life was in danger and I had to act violently to save myself.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'd say normally I'd never hit a woman, but then some of them are so deeply unpleasant,violent people that if I couldn't restrain them, I'd do what I could to just floor them and disarm them.

If she's coming at me armed then chivalry goes out the window. Way I see it, she's no longer a 'lady' if she's waving a broken bottle.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
If a girl has the stones to dish it she's got the stones to take it, to suggest otherwise would be chauvinism or hypocrisy. That said, I think both are pretty terrible. I loathe violence.

Cobalt_Flux

Aug 26, 2010
Well.
Seriously, hitting anyone is just stupid. So beating up a girl is really, really bad.
Then, it's also pretty bad getting beaten up by anyone.
As you are beaten up.
And that is painful.

So really, beating up a girl is just terrible.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
There are only 4 reasons for being beat up by a girl:
1: You are the living embodiment of the weak nerd stereotype, or are crippled.
2: She is some sort of female version of The Hulk. (Like, possibly She-Hulk)
3: You are the world's biggest asshole and initiated physical violence against her, or gave her justified reason to use physical violence, but then decided that you didn't want to be such an asshole and would rather take your justified beating as punishment.
4: You are a saint and are willing to have the shit beat out of you by some crazy ***** because you are too honorable to defend yourself.

There are only 2 reasons for beating up a girl:
1: You are the world's biggest asshole.
2: She initiated physical violence, you were fairly equally matched physically, and you were in danger of being injured.

In answer to the main question, it depends on the circumstance. If you would be justifiably defending yourself, there's nothing wrong with beating up a girl. In any other situation, you're the world's biggest asshole.