Poll: what's worse,beating up a girl, or getting beat up by a girl?

klakkat

May 24, 2008
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
Fight back and restrain a girl if she's attacking you but never beat her up. It's a question of honour.
Honour is outdated. I claim the honour of my word only; I will follow my promises, but follow no other honour code, no matter the source or validity. I do what I feel is right, for reasons I can only fathom at the time of the decision.

PurplePlatypus

Duel shield wielder
Jul 8, 2010
Why is it always females who are brought up in this sort of discussion? It always depends on the context anyway, never mind the genders of the beater or the one being beat. It sucks to be beat up by anyone, it?s wrong to just beat someone up but it?s ok to defend yourself.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
beating up a girl is worse, when getting beat up you can always say you didn't wan't to hit a girl. (which is worse)

jowo96

Jan 14, 2010
Its wrong to beat up anybody especially wrong to beat up someone who is significantly weaker and statistically most women are weaker than men. So yes it is worse to beat up a girl but self defence is a different matter.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Well, look at this girl. There is no shame being beaten up by her.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3359/3342431240_6f061c93c2.jpg
At least, I think that was a girl...

I don't have any problem with being beaten up by a girl, but I have a big problem beating up a girl. You beat up a girl, you have no honour.

I mean, in certain cases, such as self defence it is acceptable, but still...

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Beating up a girl.

With the exception of sparring, as there both are in it to measure and improve their skills with no intention of seriously hurting the other and no malice in it.

Sparring during martial arts class is also the only instance where I've actually hit a girl. But I also ahve never been actually attacked by a female. If I were, I would defend myself.

Being beaten by a girl is nothing shameful; Gender has little to do with actual combat capability.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
It's bad beating up anyone. To say that it is worse to beat a girl is in itself sexist.
yes we know that, the world is sexist it's been so for thousands of years.
we all grew up with the thought of beating up someone from the ''weaker sex'' is not to be forgiven.

lessons we guys learned from our dad, and god forbid if dad got mad at us, SHIT WOULD HIT THE FAN! (shit being his foot, the fan being my ass)
sexism is not something you can escape, we are different, to say otherwise would be ignorant.

Steel Ronin

Apr 14, 2009
XSA37 said:
Beating up a girl. If you get beat up, that's not a big deal. But, if you beat someone, that's just wrong. Beyond belief.
That works te other way around too so i don't see your point.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
Wow so much moral high ground xD.

By beating i assume you mean actually beating a women, not restraining them because her are throwing plates at me? Beating a women is wrong, defending yourself isn't. Getting beaten up by a girl...well i wouldn't tell anyone about that ;P

SnwMan

Jun 21, 2010
technically speaking they are both equal, but there is a social stigma where beating up a woman is frowned upon.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I'd say beating up a girl is far worse.

But to clarify I don't hold double standards, it's just as bad for a woman to beat up a guy as it is for a guy to beat up a woman, you just don't hear about it so often because men are too ashamed to admit their partner abuses them.

I hate how if a woman beats/rapes a bloke the courts and police don't take it nearly as seriously as if it happened the other way round.

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
If she hits you then you have every right to hit back, given that such a response is justified by the situation.

Really tired of films/shows/games seeing a woman hit a man and she just gets away with it. It's even worse in real life. They wanted sexual equality...so be it.

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
Beating up a girl definatley.

Girls beat up guys LOADS and its fine, Any kick to the balls, a punch to the gut or biting of any sort is counted as beating up.
We accept it because it shows independance in the female which can seem more attractive to a male. But (almost) no-one will respect or admire you for beating up a girl.

Jun 11, 2008
ICanBreakTheseCuffs said:
seriously, this question has been confusing me since I was 11 years old.I just couldn't get it out of my head.So please tell what's worse
Where is the neither option as in all honesty neither of then is worse than the other and the fact that a neutral opinion is omitted from this poll makes it void.