Poll: What's your favourite race in Skyrim

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
Krantos said:
Actually Vivec, in his sermons, admitted to killing Nerevar.
Thanks. Haven't read the sermons in a while. I was pretty sure they had killed him, but couldn't find the passage. Been too long since I've played Morrowind. Should do that...*goes back to playing Skyrim*... eventually.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Krantos said:
Thanks. Haven't read the sermons in a while. I was pretty sure they had killed him, but couldn't find the passage. Been too long since I've played Morrowind. Should do that...*goes back to playing Skyrim*... eventually.
It is in the 29th sermon, its a series of seemingly random numbers and words but if you use those words to find parts of other sermons and use the numbers to take out certain words you find a hidden message saying

"He was not born a god. His destiny did not lead him to this crime. He chose this path of his own free will. He stole the godhood and murdered the Hortator. Vivec wrote this."

Nerevar was The Hortator.
The Sermons were Vivec's gift to The Nerevarine, contained within them is the secret to CHIM a state of god-hood only Talos and vivec have ever achieved, beyond the levels of any Daedra or Aedra.

nasteypenguin

Mar 2, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
You will be surprised to find that MOST of the Es lore isn't actually in the games.

Did you know that the REAL reason Dagon was able to invade in Oblivion was NOT because of the dragonfires being out but because a series of magical towers that hold up the world had fallen?
Did you know the Divine Crusader from Knights of the Nine was a time traveler from the future?
did you know akatosh and Lorkhan are the same person?
Did you know sithis is Lorkhans father in the same way god is Jesus father, being that they aare technically the same person?
Did you know Talos is Lorkhan?
Some of these things I knew by reading up wiki after questing when I didn't quite get the references to lore (The quest about clearing the wolfskull cave comes to mind) and following links that seemed interesting.
I'm not much of a lore grinder outside the actual games though, and upon hearing much more interesting versions of what I've played through it makes me wonder why Bethesda didn't, you know, use them?
For instance, I've always found the Elder Scrolls games major questlines end fairly abruptly and unsatisfyingly in a lot of ways (I still love the games, don't get me wrong.) The whole questline of Empire and Stormcloak would have seemed a hell of a lot more epic if they had actually ended with the Talos ascension thing in the game, or mentioned it at least.
Now I'm sure there's probably time-oriented reasons or something that caused problems etc. but if Bethesda did have access to these parts of their story and chose not to include them, then I have a lot less respect for them.

On topic, still a Nord

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
nasteypenguin said:
I have always assumed Bethesda doesn't put it in the game, beyond small hints, because of how batshit crazy it is.

This is a game series were all the gods are dead, schizophrenic, have multiple personality disorder, and each personality becomes its own being.

Akatosh and Auri-El are both the Dragon-Gods of time, both are the same being, but both fight eachother.

Shor and Kyne, the nodric versions of Lorkhan and Kyranith, made an alliance with Kyranith and the other Imperial gods, even though they are the same beings.

Pausing time to open up the menu is something that actually happens.

there's time travelers, spaceships, everything in the ES universe is the dream of a being called the god-head.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
A Breton spell sword is always my main character in any Elder Scrolls game.

After that I would have to say a Dunmer assassin.

Then after that I would go with Nord warrior.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Matthew Valkanov said:
So little love for the Redguards and their curved swords?
The Redguard sword singers use to be able to cut atoms with swords, and make weapons WITH THEIR MINDS, and I dont mean magic.

But all of the uber-powerful sword singers died when they cut the laws of physics to much and blew up their homeland.

Cyrus, the hero of the game Redguard, was able to scare Vivec away by threatening to do it.

Rai^3

Jul 25, 2009
Krantos said:
First off, did you play Morrowind? If so, this is going to make a lot more sense. I don't have a lot of time right now, so I'll give you the short version.

If you're interested in the whole story, go here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Battle_of_Red_Mountain

The Dunmer, as we know them today, actually started out as golden skinned elves (kind of like the Altmer, but less yellow more gold). However when the Tribunal, who were the council to Lord Nerevar, used Kagrenac's tools to attempt harness the power of Lorkhan's Heart, "then, in that moment, all Chimer were changed into Dunmer, and our skins turned ashen and our eyes into fire".

Why this happened is up for debate. The Tribunal, by using the tools, were betraying an oath they made to Azura. When she confronted them, they scorned her and proclaimed themselves the new gods. It was at that moment the change occurred. This has led some to speculate that it was a Curse by Azura.

However, she replied "This is not my act, but your act. You have chosen your fate, and the fate of your people, and all the Dunmer shall share your fate". Suggesting that it was the use of the tools that caused the change. However, it should be noted that she never outright denies cursing them.

That's the short version. I suggest checking more sources for the full version. Like I said, it's very interesting.
I played Morrowind, but never finished it. Compelled to now, thanks!

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Matthew Valkanov said:
So little love for the Redguards and their curved swords?
The Redguard sword singers use to be able to cut atoms with swords, and make weapons WITH THEIR MINDS.

But all of the uber-powerful sword singers died when they cut the laws of physics to much and blew up their homeland.

I didn;t know that bit of the lore. I didn't believe it was possible for them to be bigger badasses than they were already :D

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Matthew Valkanov said:
I didn;t know that bit of the lore. I didn't believe it was possible for them to be bigger badasses than they were already :D
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/lord-vivecs-sword-meeting-cyrus-restless
"I say again, test me."

"You would destroy the home of your ancestors even more? And in the fashion that they had done, which is now forbidden in your hands?"

Cyrus didn't move from his stance.

"All for an Opal which you could never thereafter spend?"

"You would be finished," Cyrus said. "And I would be rid of the one who shamed me. So why wouldn't I? You shouldn't have sent your saints to me, Ansu-Gurleht. I am not much like them at all."

"Cut the atomos and you die, too."

"What, the Barons of Move Like This didn't teach you a countermove to this?" Cyrus said. "Oh, wait, they wouldn't have. The Pankratosword is stricken from the record."

Vivec laughed again. He was delighted. He said, "The things they said about you were true, Redguard, whether you wish to believe it or not."

Vivec bowed his head.

"I make way," he said. "I drop my sword."

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
Now that's a race you want to play :p Never played Redguard so I didn't stumble across that unfortunately.
My usual example of how great Redguards are is the fact that they kicked the Thalmor out of Hammerfell, without Imperial support. That, and the fact that since Morrowind at least they've been called "the greatest warriors of Tamriel"

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Imperials all the way. We are clean, we are sexy, we are German, Italian, and French, we are Legion and we are many.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Harkonnen64 said:
Where are the Argonians in the poll?! Shadowscale assassin or nothing!
HAIL SITHIS!!...... who is really Lorkhan...... and Akatosh..... and Talos....... and the dovahkiin, kinda.

Suncatcher

May 11, 2011
Wat. No Khajiit or Argonians?

I put Khajiit first, followed by Dunmer and then probably Bosmer.

Nords would have been on the list, two hundred years ago, but current culture in Skyrim is almost as bad as the Imperials.

Redguards used to be the greatest race, but even by Morrowind's time they'd fallen.

Of course the only ones I hate are the Altmer. Racist bastards.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
Aerosteam 1908 said:
Breton = Nothing really special

High elf = Elves look strange

Imperials = Nothing really special

FOR THE NORDS = Nothing really special

Wood elf = Elves look strange

Redguard = Nothing really special

Orc = Elves look strange

Dark elf = Elves look strange

Khajiit = I'm not into furries

Argonian = WATER BREATHING, *****
Can... Can you read minds? I was about to say that!

DeltaWolfson

May 9, 2011
Hazy992 said:
WTF? I was gonna vote Khajiit!
I know that's mest-up to have a voting and not have all the candidates on there, just like our crap US government.
Oh my vote Khajiit, I hate Nords btw. ESAD Nords.

DeAvatar

Mar 27, 2009
Nords are usually my first character ever since the first elder scroll game. (try surviving some of those frost wolves without cold resist in the near beginning of the game.) After that I play Khajiit, and I like to sneak!