Poll: What's your perferred alignment?

th155

Mar 4, 2011
My alignment? I like to think of myself as lawful good, i always follow the rules. However, when going about those laws, i like to be a little chaotic... So I suppose in the long-term i'm lawful good, but in the short-term i'm chaotic good. But always good.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Tend to go with the goody-two shoes on my first playthrough in games with moral system. It also feels the best. When doing my purely evil playthrough I always hesitate before choosing my replies.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Regarding moral choices, I tend to neutrality, because of how stupid some of those moral choices can be. A pity most morality systems punish you for being anything but all good or all bad.

In games, depends on who I'm playing. I generally play good guys, but if I'm playing a game like Saints Row 2, it's going to be for the chaos and mayhem.

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
I go neutral. Mostly because I hate it when a game gives me bad karma for opposing the religious fanatic dictator.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Neutral Evil

Because druids aren't druids if they don't poison the water supply of a town and seek the 'curse' of lycanthropy to appease Malar, God of the Hunt. Coupling savagery with ritualised, bloody sacrifices and wholesale slaughter to protect places of natural beauty.

Neutral Evil ... because you're right, everybody else is wrong. I am crippling 'civilisation' for the people's benefit, not my own... mostly :D

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Neutral Evil, man. Lets me do any damn thing I please, so long as I benefit. I can even help save that village from that warlord, if they pay me plenty for it.

'Course, maybe the warlord will pay more. Maybe I can get them both to pay me, and then I'll just skip off and watch the fight from afar! I love having no conscience.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
IF you wanna use the D&D system then Ive always prefered Neutral Good/Chaotic Neutral characters especially antiheroes- morally compromised often heavily flawed or unpleasant people who try and do the right/necessary thing in their own warped way.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
My conscience usually get the better of me in games, so I'll always play the good guy, without even knowing it a lot of the time, since it's mostly a subconcious thing.

When I go out of my way to be evil, I usually just end up feeling bad.

TheTinyMan

May 6, 2010
Personally, I tend to play games the way I'd react in real life. In Mass Effect 2, this resulted in a full Paragon meter and about 3/8ths of a full Renegade meter by the time I was done.

There's rarely reason to be rude or dishonest even to my enemies, and I want to fix shit, not make it worse...but sometimes, a Krogan just needs a good headbutt.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Completely good. Usually. As fun as playing evil is, I always feel bad when I make evil decisions in games and let down characters I like. If it's a game where you're not really disappointing anyone you care about, like the original Fable, I'll always go evil. But that sort of game is a minority. If it's a game like inFamous 2 or Mass Effect where the characters you'll be letting down have really grown on you, which is most of them, I'll go good, but I'll do an evil playthrough after.
Although I still felt bad for letting down Nix.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
on the D&D scale, I really have to say "chaotic good"
Lawful good means you obey the law, even if the law is unjust or unfair

Chaotic good mean you do good, regardless of whose toes you are stepping on.

Nabirius

Dec 29, 2009
Chaotic good for the win, whats the fun in doing the right thing if you don't rub the authorities face in it.

Cybele

Jun 7, 2010
Chaotic neutral. I'll save a village from a monster and then rob every house in said village.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Using the nine D&D alignments, which are good, but hardly cover every conceivable area of morality...

You know is chaotic-neutral just a guy who's random, or is he a full-blown bipolar psychopath?

Anyway, I'd have to say neutral good. Laws are overrated, and some people just need killing so why not ascribe to a higher moral code? I mean no one really thinks they're evil.