Poll: When was the last time you had a taco?

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Never had a taco we don't really get them in UK that i'm aware of :x

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
Rastien said:
Yes we do! Old el paso! I guess they are probably not as good as freshly made ones though.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Girl With One Eye said:
Rastien said:
Yes we do! Old el paso! I guess they are probably not as good as freshly made ones though.
Never seen a taco kit :O only the Fajita ones, i must investigate now :p

Mnixos

Nov 8, 2012
Last month of July I made a road trip in California-Nevada-Arizonna with three of my friend. We are all newly employed or students, ie with a minimum cash at hand. We discovered and survived thanks to Taco Bell :-D

On the other I think we kinda ODed on those ^^

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
Rastien said:
Girl With One Eye said:
Rastien said:
They are tasty but....carbs :S

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Girl With One Eye said:
Rastien said:
Girl With One Eye said:
Rastien said:
They are tasty but....carbs :S
Is it still a taco if you scoop the contents out and throw the taco away x)

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
I'm a big fan of easy and quick self-made finger food, so we really dig all sorts of soft tortilla style flour-based dough wraps and rolls... if that qualifies as 'taco', then we do it at least once a week, be it for microwavable/reheatable meat/chicken/veggie (leftover) wraps, pure salad wraps with nuts and fruits and seeds and whatnot or 'proper' oven-baked, filled-to-the-brim easy/meaty/cheesy goodness.

I can't stand the hard taco shells, as I'm really not a big fan of messy finger food that crumbles and makes you spill anywhere from 20% to 100% of the filling.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
I've never had a taco. There is no taco bell or other fast food joint where i live and i don't fancy a Mexican food so i don't go to mexican restaurants.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Hmm... maybe about a month and a half to two months ago. I've had fajitas, quesadillas, and at least 2 burritos since then but I haven't had a taco in some time. My poor homemade taco seasoning never gets used anymore.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I'd say about a month ago. I think I'm having some tomorrow actually...

Also, what's the deal with all the people who haven't had one because they can't buy one nearby? You may not know this, but there is this thing called 'cooking stuff yourself', and funnily enough, tacos are an entry-level dish. There's no excuse to not experience the delicious.

Aeriath

Sep 10, 2009
Dags90 said:
I'm probably more surprised than I should be at the lack of Mexican food enjoyed by our international forum goers. I'm sure some British people might be shocked to hear that I've never had a curry.
Makes sense to me. America gets a lot of Mexican immigrants and so Mexican food is popular there. Britain gets a lot of Indian/Pakistani immigrants so curries are popular here.

I should probably try a taco at some point. All I can think about at the moment is if crunchy and meaty go together. I'm really not sure.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Before I moved in with my fiancée, I used to cook a lot of Mexican/Indian/Thai, but she can't handle anything hotter than a korma, and cooking two separate meals every night is too much of a hassle.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
I hail from British Isles, where tacos are not common takeaway food. So no, I've never had one.

I've seen the shells for sale and am vaguely aware of what goes in them. But fajitas are just so much better.

Mmmm... Fajitas...

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
madwarper said:
Then, after a few years, my parents noticed I didn't like that (they were really dense), and they gave me soft corn/flour tortilla which I wrap around the taco fillings, which technically makes it a burrito.
You could also just get your shit together and tell them. If you ate it they probably thought you didn't mind it.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Kaleion said:
Less than an hour ago, but I must say I'm shocked by what you are talking about, shells?
Tacos don't have shells they have tortillas, either wheat tortillas or corn tortillas and hard tacos[footnote]Which really aren't the most common ones here in México[/footnote], have fried tortillas not some bizarre twilight zone shells.
And cheese?
While some tacos do have cheese it's just an optional ingredient and really most tacos don't have cheese, normally if it has cheese it's called a quesadilla, though at least in the North they just call normal tacos that have cheese quesatacos.
You poor things I pity your existence without any actual tacos.
It's Tex-Mex. What most Americans think of as "Mexican Food" are a variety of dishes that were changed as much out of quirks and happenstance as preferences in taste. Since the 90's the different style was dubbed Tex-Mex.

Taco Bell will do for a taco when you can't afford to go to anywhere else. I've got a couple of the Taco Bell make-'em-at-home kits but haven't tried them yet. I'm living with someone who had radiation therapy for mouth cancer and who now can't eat anything spicy.

OT: One to two months for me. I grew up in Texas and when I was very young could eat tacos until my parents would cut me off for fear that I'd gorge until I was sick. They're still one of my favorite foods.

And now I TOO am craving tacos...*sigh*...

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Starik20X6 said:
Also, what's the deal with all the people who haven't had one because they can't buy one nearby? You may not know this, but there is this thing called 'cooking stuff yourself', and funnily enough, tacos are an entry-level dish. There's no excuse to not experience the delicious.
I'm assuming because in many places where tacos aren't commonly sold, taco shells are hard to come by as well. I can only remember seeing them in Waitrose (in the do-it-yourself-international-food section). And they seemed really expensive for something so unappealing.